Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2015-12-07, 14:47
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Hehe :] yeah I try to help lazy people and attach interesting content directly in thread :P
Old 2015-12-09, 15:48
Neko

hi Angelus,

how's things going?
Need new music?

I was thinking along the idea of creating a complete alternate score for lba1, would that be usefull?
Old 2015-12-09, 21:57

Hi Jesse :] Like you see everything going forward and I'm always open on good musics tracks with LBA vibe :] There will be a lot of movies where I can use them :]
Old 2015-12-10, 13:03
Neko

playing around with this now, let's see if the idea catches on
Old 2015-12-18, 08:50
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
playing around with this now, let's see if the idea catches on
Ooooh
I just linked both threads now.
I see where this is going
Old 2016-01-08, 13:01
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Ooooh
I just linked both threads now.
I see where this is going
Slowly, but surely, coming along.
Old 2016-01-09, 20:39

Hehe yes everything coming slowly along From my side I will add link to our first post this year: http://coffemonsters.blogspot.co.uk/...ar-update.html
Old 2016-01-18, 14:03
Neko

Let me know if you want to add a new video, I can give some better music than what you are putting under it now.

The difference: this music is dedicated to lba, whereas the previous tunes I gave you just had a lba feeling. The difference is small but noticable
Old 2016-02-07, 20:17

So another update after small break L.B.A. Preview 14
Old 2016-02-08, 00:12
Magic Level: Green Ball

Wow, this is a completely rebuilded island from scratch. Such a bold step. I mean... now you should remake your signature
Old 2016-02-08, 01:09

Hehe. Do you like new look ?

This island is different but you will still find a lot similarities. Fun will start with Principal Island which will be a lot harder to recognize. One of the reason behind it is that you will be able to walk on whole island which is 2-3x size of Citadel Island. This mean you have 4-9x times more area to walk on and we making layout which will utilize this whole space

Signature will need to wait till we do final look of new maps
Old 2016-02-08, 11:19
Magic Ball Master

I am curious to see Alejandro work. I actually was expecting to see it in this clip.
Anyway, good job as always, you have a great tech behind it.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2016-02-09, 14:59

Hehe Our initial plan was to include his work in this video but after checking what we have we decided to take extra time to finish and polish some stuff. But soon you will see it :P
Old 2016-02-09, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
Hehe. Do you like new look ?

This island is different but you will still find a lot similarities. Fun will start with Principal Island which will be a lot harder to recognize. One of the reason behind it is that you will be able to walk on whole island which is 2-3x size of Citadel Island. This mean you have 4-9x times more area to walk on and we making layout which will utilize this whole space

Signature will need to wait till we do final look of new maps
To be honest I'm terrified of such changes, but this is because of lack of textures.
On the other hand, classic islands will make gameplay a little boring, however new islands make it much more interesting, like a new locations.
But you need to think about filling and content, empty spaces are boring. Maybe new little quests (like a umbrella and thief thing from LBA II) or something, put some things related to LBA world to the corners, you know.

I'm still exited and I still have your old remake build which I run sometimes. I love it!
Old 2016-02-09, 18:51

Hehe well this version still have really rough look but this way it's easier to design stuff. And in initial development process we don't need anything more.

I wouldn't be too worried about empty spaces we try to pack whole space with as much content as it's possible. Some of this content you know and some of it never existed in any of the previous game in first place

Generally I know that old builds of remake weren't bad and some people would be satisfied if whole remake was finished in that form. But I played not long ago games like Uncharted (whole trilogy), Tomb Raider and I see that L.B.A. Remake in old form just didn't hold up.

I knew risk of changes but sometimes risk is good :] And after seeing effect of blueprints in action I need to say that I'm not afraid of this changes anymore and see that this was right decisions. Of course I see there a lot more than un-textured polygons I see with my imagination: gameplay and how game may look.

Add to all that talent of Alejandro which wasn't there when I was designing locations and I'm sure that even I will be surprise what he will do with blueprints you see now

So just follow how project develop and you will see that in this new form there still exist heart of original Little Big Adventure games. If any of you want help just share our project with other or just comment it out. This simple things giving us positive energy for another hours that we spend into realization of this really ambitious project.
Old 2016-02-11, 18:52
Look beyond reality.

Never stop working on this! It looks really promising. Really makes me want to contibute...

Last edited by Bot13; 2016-02-11 at 21:11.
Old 2016-03-01, 12:41

Well it finally happened Alejandro sharing some of his work:
http://coffemonsters.blogspot.co.uk/...pt-devlog.html
Old 2016-03-01, 17:55

I love the troopers! Looks so cool, modern and also match LBA style.
But the spyes... well, they are very obvious for me. Of course, they must be visible to make player worry and notice them. But I think it will be better to make them look identical to usual quetches, but with special animation (for example looking around, taking out microfones or binoculars, making notes, talking by radio). In this case player will suddenly figure out that nearest quetch, who looked as regular person just a second before, turns out to be a spy.
Old 2016-03-01, 18:09

Good to hear that you like it. About spy give us some time for now let's leave it as mystery why they look like they look
Old 2016-03-01, 21:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Spies (quetch)

This mysterious guys will be an addition to the game. Their function will remain secret for now.
Legit.

And good job with the Clone Troopers, they indeed look much more LBA-themed now albeit the unique design that you guys gave to them.
Old 2016-03-08, 21:48
Neko

So here is one of the tracks for this project.
As a study, I tried putting it under the original game to see if it matches, feeling wise.

Hope you enjoy!

Old 2016-03-08, 23:13
Polly parrot

Whoah, not bad ! Certainly gives the whole a different feel, but I think it fits. Though the more lively parts might be not neutral enough for a simple village imho.
I like the base theme you have though.
Old 2016-03-09, 10:48
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Though the more lively parts might be not neutral enough for a simple village imho.
I like the base theme you have though.

Thanks
The more lively parts are there because face it...this town is dangerous! The first thing people say to you? "Go clobber a clone!". It ain't safe.

However, I didn't intend the video to play that part while I was visiting mister horse... :')
Old 2016-03-12, 17:47
Magic Ball Master

I have the exact same opinion as Polaris, It might have been better to reduce the ammount of lively parts of the music or maybe make them a little 'less lively'. Still, its a great music, you did a nice job as always
Old 2016-03-12, 20:45
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
I have the exact same opinion as Polaris, It might have been better to reduce the ammount of lively parts of the music or maybe make them a little 'less lively'. Still, its a great music, you did a nice job as always
Thanks!
Do you mean the fragment at the end?