Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2011-07-26, 15:11
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
I keep sending him PMs (with and without genital pics) and I still get no response.
Why would you do that?
Old 2011-07-26, 16:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
Why would you do that?
You're right, dammit. Clearly it is my lack of taint forwarding that has led to his absence!
Old 2011-07-27, 18:58
strange dreamer

By the way, the guy has a DeviantArt page, check it out, and take your own conclusions...
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-07-27, 19:07
strange dreamer

I here attach one of his apparently "main" works, with a translation of it's caption:

Quote:
This is Sesiom, my nickname and character of the videogame I'm making.
He is too hyper (note: I think he means, too much like a superhero) in this draw but originally he's an anime, someday I'll upload a draw of him.

He's the most powerful proto-human of the world... and he's afraid to be alone with a girl.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sesiom_Summers_by_rayinthetime.jpg‎
Views:	212
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	8725  
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-07-27, 20:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
I keep sending him PMs (with and without genital pics) and I still get no response. This makes me sad.
Yep. That's very sad indeed. Good job scaring him away

And those drawings look so unprofessional. He might be a discreet manga drawer but no ability of computer graphics at all. How was that going to be useful in the making of a game?
(I can't draw anything like that, but I know my limits, and I don't go around saying I can do the next LBA).
I think we should just forget about this person already. There's really no point to go further, we got to know that all he (and his team?) was going to do was mere chit chat
Old 2011-07-28, 02:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I here attach one of his apparently "main" works, with a translation of it's caption:
I think my dick just exploded. That is fucking horrible.
Old 2011-07-28, 02:13
Magic Ball Master

This is clearly his attempt at Twinsen and Zoe. No doubt, a much more realistic portrayal than Raynalnal's vision.
Old 2011-07-28, 02:37
!!!!!

Yeah OK so he isn't really going to make LBA3, no need to demonize him for that... seriously you ppl are acting like 6 year olds.
Old 2011-07-28, 16:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Yeah OK so he isn't really going to make LBA3, no need to demonize him for that... seriously you ppl are acting like 6 year olds.
I'm sure he's all broken up about it, too.

We'd better send him more private messages with our geni pics to show him we're sorry, guys.

Old 2011-07-29, 19:29
Gee, it's been a while.

Quote:
Agreed. I'm not sure anyone really had very high expectations, given the original post. The stuff on the DA page isn't professional quality, in my opinion, but it is better than what I could do, so kudos to him, but perhaps he didn't realize what the process of making LBA 3 would entail.
Old 2011-07-29, 19:45
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
I'm not sure anyone really had very high expectations, given the original post.
Disagreed. Bot and I have been salivating over the prospect of this guy wowing us with his promised reveal. I feel cheated.

Like this:

Old 2011-07-30, 05:19
Gee, it's been a while.

Quote:
Disagreed. Bot and I have been salivating over the prospect of this guy wowing us with his promised reveal. I feel cheated.
Really? You thought that a guy who couldn't capitalize his sentences properly and needed to go to a fan community to get a copyright holder's address was actually going to make LBA3?
Old 2011-07-30, 06:26

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Don't take it out on Frederic and Co. They aren't the only ones who can't get a game published.

Many game companies can't finish their very first product, not to mention make it sell. Adeline sold three. Then they sold a 4th under SEGA.

Fred can't find a way to kick LBA3 into production? Well, Yu Suzuki has been trying to kick start Shenmue 3 for 12 years and his franchise sold 1.2 million copies.

It's not lazyness or a lack of drive. It is simply hard to make a single game.
Old 2011-07-30, 06:36
!!!!!

It didn't use to be that hard to make a game. Making games used to be about inventing game play... now it's about graphics. That's why so many games get cancelled half-way through production, too much focus and waste of money on graphics and other special effects.
Old 2011-07-30, 17:35
Gee, it's been a while.

Quote:
It didn't use to be that hard to make a game. Making games used to be about inventing game play... now it's about graphics. That's why so many games get cancelled half-way through production, too much focus and waste of money on graphics and other special effects.
While you have many good points, I think it's also worth noting that there has been a rise in indie game popularity, especially after the success of Braid and World of Goo. Not all of the 'popular' indie games are great, but most of them are created by small teams and with tight budgets. So, even in the competitive, graphics-driven market, there does seem to be a niche for gameplay/concept-driven games.
Old 2011-07-30, 23:51

Quote:
"It's all about graphics" is an argument that's been around since Tomb Raider. And it's not the reason why games get cancelled. If you are ever in the business of game development, you'll find out why. 10% of game companies make 90% of sales but it takes an extra ordinary amount of luck, marketing, resources, and a little bit of innovation to make it to the top ten.

Just to put it in perspective, Shenmue series had the best "graphics" on Dreamcast and pathetic sales. Granted 1.2 million is a good figure, but when you consider that it took $70 million USD to produce the series, you're talking about a big loss.
Old 2011-07-31, 01:14
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
it took $70 million USD to produce the series

That's a lot. How the hell did they manage that? Is the game good at least?
Old 2011-07-31, 01:16

Besides the awful english dubbing, it is a very entertaining series.
Old 2011-08-01, 14:59
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
Really? You thought that a guy who couldn't capitalize his sentences properly and needed to go to a fan community to get a copyright holder's address was actually going to make LBA3?
You should check your sarcasm meter; I think it's broken.

Tags
finding mister raynalnal, lba3, make lba3