Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2017-09-23, 18:18
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Really shocked and saddened to hear this news. Although I never knew him personally, through his postings he seemed happy and full of life. I qualified as a doctor a few years back and giving bad news is always difficult but it pales in comparison to what the patient and family is going through. My thoughts are with you Atresica
Old 2017-09-23, 18:30
Magic Ball Master

Incredibly saddened to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Atre. I admit to not knowing DF beyond the exchanges we had here on the MBN. However, it has always been clear that his love for LBA and his tremendous personality were a part of what made this place so special for all of us. He was the cornerstone of our community.

Thank you for sharing his final thoughts with us. Darkflame will be truly missed. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 2017-10-06, 01:24

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
A Facebook PM from Didier Chanfray.

Name:	2017-10-05_17-22-54.jpg‎
Views:	335
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	10121  
Old 2017-10-06, 01:45
Polly parrot

Wow...
Old 2017-10-06, 17:54

From Philippe Vachey to Bertine and Tom's family:

Name:	2017-10-06_9-49-29.jpg‎
Views:	328
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	10124  
Old 2017-10-07, 07:52
Quetching a Mr.

I agree with Polaris... Wow... Seriously, no words...

This is all the more of a reason for Fred to create LBA3. Come on, Fred, step up your game! Though there are chances of it not coming, we need it anyways. It is very unfortunate that Tom will never be able to experience it. Though we still have time to experience it ourselves - if it happens. Tom hopes for the best of us.

Please don't think of this the wrong way, but what led Didier and Philip to know about Tom? Was he one of the very first members to join the MBN? Does anyone know if the initial LBA team at Adeline created this site? If not, I want to know now specifically whom started the MBN. For some reason it never really occurred to me.

I cannot wait to hear the LBA theme on November 1st. Will it be on Youtube?
Old 2017-10-07, 16:26
Zebrazilla

Heartfelt and very touching messages from both Didier and Philippe. Thank you for sharing those here.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2017-10-07, 20:54
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
I agree with Polaris... Wow... Seriously, no words...

This is all the more of a reason for Fred to create LBA3. Come on, Fred, step up your game! Though there are chances of it not coming, we need it anyways. It is very unfortunate that Tom will never be able to experience it. Though we still have time to experience it ourselves - if it happens. Tom hopes for the best of us.

Please don't think of this the wrong way, but what led Didier and Philip to know about Tom? Was he one of the very first members to join the MBN? Does anyone know if the initial LBA team at Adeline created this site? If not, I want to know now specifically whom started the MBN. For some reason it never really occurred to me.

I cannot wait to hear the LBA theme on November 1st. Will it be on Youtube?
Ah no, El muerte created this forum.
Before that we were all on insidetheweb forums. There were 3 boards, one by silferfish, one by me and one by an unknown guy. Atre and lightwing and el muerte where there more or less before me I think, I kinda forgot as this was like 1997/1998.

I think darkflame came a bit later. To be honest I forgot, he was on insidetheweb too right?

Back in 1999 i found out adeline software was bought by sega and now called no cliche and started emailing fred regulary. We all started doing that so it's no suprise the guys know the community.
Old 2017-10-11, 02:59
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Lightwing, fckman, those are some lovely messages! Thanks for passing them through.

As far as I know DF was for a brief moment on insidetheweb, just before we moved over to some other places.
Gha, silly man, I used to be the bestest fan ever. Almost as if you need to keep being active ;-)
Old 2017-10-11, 09:58
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica View Post
Lightwing, fckman, those are some lovely messages! Thanks for passing them through.

As far as I know DF was for a brief moment on insidetheweb, just before we moved over to some other places.
Gha, silly man, I used to be the bestest fan ever. Almost as if you need to keep being active ;-)
Yeah it can be weird, a fan joining in 2012 could honestly say: who is this....lightwing guy,

or....who is gustav?!

it's all so time based :P
Old 2017-10-11, 18:46
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Just came back to wish you the best Atre. Very sad to read about DF's passing.. Hope you're doing well through all this.

I've never had the chance to meet DF personally, but I remember him as a very active member of the community. I remember how he would misspell some words from time to time, leaving funny sentences behind. To this day, whenever I read or hear the word 'similar' , I always think to myself 'they're saying it wrong, it's silimar', as that is one of those words I remember him misspelling. Funny how he's still influencing me in such a silly way.

DF will be missed.. The best of luck to you Atre. My thoughts are with you.
Old 2017-10-11, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Yeah it can be weird, a fan joining in 2012 could honestly say: who is this....lightwing guy,

or....who is gustav?!

it's all so time based :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica
Atresica's first post ever was: "LBA3 better be getting made, otherwise I'm gonna see god and it ain't gonna be Sendell."

To everything there's a season! We had a lot of good times.
Old 2017-10-12, 00:17
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Atresica's first post ever was: "LBA3 better be getting made, otherwise I'm gonna see god and it ain't gonna be Sendell."

To everything there's a season! We had a lot of good times.
I'm sorry, are you implying I changed my mind about this utmost important matter? :P

Assassin, Thanks for the words.
It was always how cute he was so persistent in this. Much like how he never learned where apostrophes go in a word!
Old 2017-10-19, 11:32
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I just notice after MrQuetch mentioned it in another thread and it's is still really hard for to believe me that Darkflame is no longer between us. For me after all this years he was really integral part of this forum. Atresica I'm really sorry for your loss.
Old 2018-04-15, 20:45
you just might exist

Didnt know what to say when i learned about this. And still dunno. Hope you and yours are doing well Bertine. Heh, i recall you guys quoting the You Dont Exist thing in yer web reviews -bit too fitting now- but yeh.. without getting too sentimental seems evident DF touched and inspired many. And the world could use more of that not less, meh.
Old 2018-09-15, 02:33
weee

Still miss you Darkf.

It's been a year, and for all its ups and downs, one thing is certain: this year would have been a better one with you in it.

Old 2018-09-15, 03:24
Polly parrot

A year already...

Old 2018-09-17, 15:21
What is this place?

<3 dudes and dudettes
Old 2018-10-03, 21:33
Lemonhead

I'm late, but this is sad to hear.

I didn't know Darkflame well, of course. But I always held him in high regard and had pleasant dealings with him. He was a beacon of this community, and his loss is a loss to all of us, even strangers like me. Rest in peace.
The creatures arranged in a line and started to rape Twinsen in his anus, one by one.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
P.S. Forgot to mention that Twinsen's remains were fed to dogs.
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
O.K., let's change the execution part. Maybe he was just beaten to death with clubs???