Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2014-03-27, 07:15
Magic Level: Green Ball

What do you love/hate about the new LBA?

So my copy is now paid for and I will start playing in a couple of hours and of course write what I hate, and what I love. But what about you? What do you hate, and what do you love about the iOS/Android port?

EDIT: There's still nothing I hate, but I LOVE the achievements

Last edited by Twinnie; 2014-03-27 at 07:31.
Old 2014-03-27, 12:44
Let's make LBA 3 happen!

I just started playing it and I think it plays fairly well. But I think that if plays much better on a tablet because my fingers are in the way most of the time.
I just met with Zoë.
Old 2014-03-27, 18:26
Magic Level: Fire Ball

What i hate about it is that you need a credit card to pay for it... So i can't buy it at this moment.
Old 2014-03-27, 20:53
Previously Link

I love that the voices are included and you can switch languages.
I hate to walk around corners of the map.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:11
Fifth level of magic

The port they have done for patch is incredible. We all knew there going to be compromises but these have been kept to a bare minimum with this brilliant implementation of touch. The zoom out feature is the best.

Let's just hope this opens the game up to a wider and newer audience which will hopefully pave the way for LBA3!
Old 2014-03-28, 00:42
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii View Post
What i hate about it is that you need a credit card to pay for it... So i can't buy it at this moment.
I haven't bought it yet because I'm not home (need wi-fi for fast download), but I can see that being a huge problem here. I have a 4.3'' screen on my cellphone and I am super worried the game won't play that well because of my fingers being on the way
Old 2014-03-28, 01:46
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Mini-review:

I finally had the chance to buy and play the game. Nice job, DotEmu! The controls work great for me, but I'd change the "default" way of moving around to running. I just don't like the double tapping. When playing on PC, I almost never use normal mode (with LbaWin you can press W for action).

The enemies could be more powerful. I understand they wanted them to be easier to defeat, but one-hit is a little bit too easy. The temple of bu was hard, but it's no problem since it's hard in the original game too.

It's also nice how the camera follows you when you move around. My only problem with that was when the camera moves, it seems that more space is left behind you than in front of you. I think it's beacuse the camera is centered to Twinsen's location BEFORE the camera starts moving, and by the time the camera stops moving, Twinsen is off-center (the centering is not instantaneous like the PC version). It's especially noticable when running.

The "help" for jumping and magic ball throwing works great. I remember that sometimes it was a nuisance to do a precise jump in the PC version. And it was especially hard to hit those quetch soldiers with magic ball beacuse they were always moving around. Now finally it's over!

The achievements are great, there could be more of them. And why aren't some of them hidden by default? Now I understand why elmuerte posted the thread about the cannon in the museum a few days ago. He was playing the DotEmu version, and saw the achievement, that's how he learned about the cannon.

It seems that I was more critical than I wanted to be, but I actually enjoyed the game (and I'm still enjoying it, it isn't over yet! ). The touch controls are highly usable, and the game is actually better than I expected it to be. It looks they worked really hard to port the game to mobile platforms, and it paid off. The result is a game which is enjoyable to newcomers as well as fans of the original game.

I'd rate the game about 4.5/5 overall, but if they fix the minor issues mentioned above, it's a 5/5.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:01
Magic Ball Master

Nice review Renesans.

I think we all will kind critical to the game somehow. It doesn't mean we don't like it, but for us that look in the game with different eyes and have different perspectives it's always easy to spot what we dislike.
All those comments will surely be positive for Fred and DotEmu.

I agreed with the rating, it need some fixes before reach the 5*

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website