Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Closed Thread

Old 2022-11-16, 23:20
Neko

Just drop it polly
Old 2022-11-16, 23:20
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Just drop it polly
*hugs Neko*
Old 2022-11-16, 23:27
Magic Level: Water Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
Just drop it polly
Okay...
Old 2022-11-16, 23:34
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
if you argue against everyone else, and you don’t acknowledge the points where they made you change your view a bit, what emotions will that cause in them, and how will they view you?
Please allow me to expand this point with an example, as I don't think you want us to view you negatively and maybe my example will make it clearer.

In my above lengthy post I explained how I feel and you replied with sarcasm, because you think all these points are bullshit. The thing is: I don't decide what my emotions are. Your reply makes me feel disrespected, and if you don't want that, then it helps if you also say that and try to put some effort into not causing us negative emotions. If you can do that, then you can feel free to argue about if my or Hin's improvement ideas are bullshit. That's what I meant with the above quote about acknowledging what other people say, especially if we say how your behavior makes us feel.

And I think to some extent that also goes to Jesse. If Polly feels in some way about Roy's behavior, then I don't think saying "Just drop it" will help in making them have happier interactions in the future.
Old 2022-11-16, 23:44

Eh, Jesse is impartial, so if he says I should drop it, I probably should.
And actually, I'd give you the same advice, I'm afraid what you're trying to achieve is futile, bloodhound
Old 2022-11-16, 23:56

Quote:
Please allow me to expand this point with an example, as I don't think you want us to view you negatively and maybe my example will make it clearer.

In my above lengthy post I explained how I feel and you replied with sarcasm, because you think all these points are bullshit. The thing is: I don't decide what my emotions are. Your reply makes me feel disrespected, and if you don't want that, then it helps if you also say that and try to put some effort into not causing us negative emotions. If you can do that, then you can feel free to argue about if my or Hin's improvement ideas are bullshit. That's what I meant with the above quote about acknowledging what other people say, especially if we say how your behavior makes us feel.

And I think to some extent that also goes to Jesse. If Polly feels in some way about Roy's behavior, then I don't think saying "Just drop it" will help in making them have happier interactions in the future.
Wow, now you're even calling me Roy. Look, bloodhound... I've nothing against you, I didn't mean to disrespect you or cause you to feel bad. Ok?

I thought it would be clear by now that if someone (me) posts a .gif of the Gladiator movie with the lines " ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED ? " it should be obvious that this is mostly entertainment, and my answer to you was just that, entertainment.

Honestly, Neko's words were gold: just drop it.

There are no deep feelings or hidden scars involved or to be resolved here, it's just fun and games, maybe you don't like a joke - well, c'est la vie! Act like if you were in a circle of guys in a bar. It's not a matter of analysing things so intrinsically for heaven's sake. As if it was a big machination against the poor other members who are victims and you need to plead in court. Just laugh, or don't laugh, and carry on.
Old 2022-11-17, 00:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Wow, now you're even calling me Roy. Look, bloodhound... I've nothing against you, I didn't mean to disrespect you or cause you to feel bad. Ok?
Thanks, I appreciate you saying that. And to be clear, I also want to continue treating you nicely.

Just for the record: My understanding was (correct me if I'm wrong) that Jesse is usually in favor of discussing things out, so even if I don't see much of a chance of changing his mind completely, it still makes me happier to have said everything I wanted to say. In my opinion a 24h ban is a slap on the wrist that isn't disproportionate to the degree of obnoxiousness and incorrigibility displayed at the beginning of this thread.

That's all I wanted to say about this and I won't push this further. Hope the problems can still go away.

Last edited by bloodhound; 2022-11-17 at 00:10.
Old 2022-11-17, 00:11

Quote:
a slap on the wrist that isn't disproportionate to the degree of obnoxiousness and incorrigibility displayed in this thread.
oh boy ever heard the idiomatic expression "making a storm in a teacup"? 'cause this is exactly it
Old 2022-11-17, 09:01

Quote:
oh boy ever heard the idiomatic expression "making a storm in a teacup"? 'cause this is exactly it
Funny how you say that now, but when Polly said that talking about "spending time with the gentle and beautiful women" doesn't sound quite right, you threw a massive tantrum over days. Can we agree that was making a hurricane in an espresso cup? :P

I'll gladly repeat it a third time. You don't want us to feel disrespected, but our emotions are wired that way, and just saying "Chill, I'm joking so please like me" isn't going to change that wiring. So if you don't want us to feel disrespected, what can you do?
Old 2022-11-17, 14:30

Quote:
Funny how you say that now, but when Polly said that talking about "spending time with the gentle and beautiful women" doesn't sound quite right, you threw a massive tantrum over days. Can we agree that was making a hurricane in an espresso cup? :P
That was completely something else;
1. He revived an old thread just to insult me implying a "creepy" and "objectifying" behaviour of me as a person
2. It didn't make any sense as confirmed by pretty much everyone else [1][2][3] and he never conceded that they didn't make sense, 'till the end he held his pride, he never retracted his insults, which is why it went over days. Whereas he could have just admitted and said "sorry, what I said was stupid".

Now, what I ""did"" to you was just reply your comment directed at me with a joke. I then promptly said it was just harmless entertainment and that I didn't mean any disrespect.

And you already went overboard from the start, asking for a 24h ban. And reiterating your request a 2nd time despite everything I said. *sigh*

Conclusion:
You fail to see fundamental differences here in such an obvious scenario of completely different proportions, and that brings me a lot of doubts about you, of your capacity to make accurate judgements over others. It's quite unnerving to see someone take such disparate conclusions and not realise it.
Old 2022-11-17, 14:32

You're trolling right ?
1 : I didn't revive that thread, you did, and I said what I said in an ongoing discussion.
2 : I apologized already, in case you missed it, I am sorry I said that. (Not that you've ever apologized about anything you've said to me, but anyway.)

Please don't spread stuff about me that is not true.
Old 2022-11-17, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
You're trolling right ?
1 : I didn't revive that thread, you did, and I said what I said in an ongoing discussion.
2 : I apologized already, in case you missed it, I am sorry I said that. (Not that you've ever apologized about anything you've said to me, but anyway.)

Please don't spread stuff about me that is not true.
You're being cynical right?
1 : Yes you did, my post was on 2022-10-21 and you've replied it out of the blue on 2022-10-23 with an useless comment that was completely offtopic and irrelevant to the discussion, it didn't add anything to it, therefore, a plain insult.
2 : You've only apologised for your "misunderstanding" [1] , I quote: "My apologies, those were opinions on what you said, and not who you are.", meaning, it was basically deflecting.

Please stick to facts and logic.
Old 2022-11-17, 15:29

There have been posts on that thread every single day after you revived it, 11 years after the last message, wth are you talking about ? How is posting in a thread one hour after the last message "reviving" it ???

I've said several times I shouldn't have said what I said, and you're still going on about it, while you've expressively called me delusional and psychotic, then followed it up with a huge post once you had cooled off where you explain to me why you're right.

I can only say what bloodhound said,
Quote:
There are fundamental differences between you and I.
This is what I can agree with.

Anyway, go troll somewhere else, I am done with you.
Old 2022-11-17, 15:30

Questions are in bold, so that you please stay on-topic and address exactly these questions:

Quote:
1. He revived an old thread just to insult me implying a "creepy" and "objectifying" behaviour of me as a person
I didn't talk about that incident (where we all, including Polly, agree that he acted a bit rashly there). In the case I'm talking about he did a constructive criticism of your word choice. While he also insulted you as a person sometimes (Schrödinger's asshole), nobody except you will find minor criticism of word choice insulting, as the purpose is to help you. And yes, for just this one criticism you threw a tantrum for days, always talking about what a big insult it was. It wasn't.
Quote:
2. It didn't make any sense as confirmed by pretty much everyone else [1][2][3] and he never conceded that they didn't make sense, 'till the end he held his pride, he never retracted his insults, which is why it went over days. Whereas he could have just admitted and said "sorry, what I said was stupid".
It's true that many people "mostly disagreed", but if you read between the lines, you'll notice that Jesse, Hin and I all acknowledged that it can sound a bit creepy to Western European ears.

Quote:
Now, what I ""did"" to you was just reply your comment directed at me with a joke. I then promptly said it was just harmless entertainment and that I didn't mean any disrespect.
I believe that you don't mean any disrespect, but we've clearly explained to you that this behavior causes us to feel disrespected, and you still continue with it. Why?

Quote:
And you already went overboard from the start, asking for a 24h ban. And reiterating your request a 2nd time despite everything I said. *sigh*
As I said, a 24h ban is a slap on the wrist. Please explain to me why that is going overboard, given that you made at least three people feel uncomfortable with your behavior and in fact in caused Hin to not go to interact with the forum at all after you insulted him and you still don't try to change it?

Last edited by bloodhound; 2022-11-17 at 15:43.
Old 2022-11-17, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
There have been posts on that thread every single day after you revived it, 11 years after the last message, wth are you talking about ? How is posting in a thread one hour after the last message "reviving" it ???

I've said several times I shouldn't have said what I said, and you're still going on about it, while you've expressively called me delusional and psychotic, then followed it up with a huge post once you had cooled off where you explain to me why you're right.

I can only say what bloodhound said,

This is what I can agree with.

Anyway, go troll somewhere else, I am done with you.
Quote:
Questions are in bold, so that you please stay on-topic and address exactly these questions:

I didn't talk about that incident (where we all, including Polly, agree that he acted a bit rashly there). In the case I'm talking about he did a constructive criticism of your word choice. While he also insulted you as a person sometimes (Schrödinger's asshole), nobody except you will find minor criticism of word choice insulting, as the purpose is to help you. And yes, for just this one criticism you threw a tantrum for days, always talking about what a big insult it was. It wasn't.

It's true that many people "mostly disagreed", but if you read between the lines, you'll notice that Jesse, Hin and I all acknowledged that it can sound a bit creepy to Western European ears.

I believe that you don't mean any disrespect, but we've clearly explained to you that this behavior causes us to feel disrespected, and you still continue with it. Why?

As I said, a 24h ban is a slap on the wrist. Please explain to me why that is going overboard, given that you made at least three people feel uncomfortable with your behavior and you still don't try to change it?

Wow. Just. Wow. You guys went completely bananas (not to say something worse due to our no-insults policy). There's no other explanation. It's truly unbelievable. Like. Wow... Such a frantic display of immaturity and cynicism altogether. I'm done too. I did explain everything detailedly, too many times, way more times than deserved. I won't be doing it again. It's unnecessary if you haven't grasped the previous concepts yet. Bye.
Old 2022-11-17, 16:13
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Is there any given moment in this forum where SGK isn't feuding with someone?
Old 2022-11-17, 16:26

Maybe when he's not around...
Never thought I'd say that about anyone, but good riddance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sweet myself.png
Views:	18
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	10441
(the shirt says : Sweet myself)
Old 2022-11-17, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Is there any given moment in this forum where SGK isn't feuding with someone?
Nop
Old 2022-11-17, 16:33
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Rabibunny

He'll be back. He always comes back
Old 2022-11-17, 16:34

Quote:
I said bye to bloodhound and polaris, not you or anybody else who posts here
Old 2022-11-17, 16:40

Quote:
Old 2022-11-17, 16:50
Neko

closed due to a discussion that to me could just as well be a private chat and doesn't go anywhere