Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2003-04-01, 07:00
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Very good articles again! The only comment I've got is: you forgot to relate both items to the Mosquibees .
Old 2003-04-02, 08:14
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
(Mosquibee) Island guarding the fragment

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
THE OFFICIAL RUMOR: The Emperor asserts: Dark Monk will fulfill the prophecy, whether or not the mosquibees are willing to bring their fragment!!!
Inventory:

Quote:
This fragment of the Mosquibees' key is one of the elements which will permit you to piece together the key to Dark Monk's temple.
[fan]

Connected by a suspension bridge to the "mainland" of the Island of the Mosquibees, this island was the true keeper of the Mosquibee key fragment. Once across the bridge, there is a moderately sized cavern with stockpiles of food and the random spider inbetween. The fragment was not in this cavern, but locked away in a small chest ontop of the island. To protect the key fragment from possible airborne assailants, the mosquibees set up a perimeter of spiked posts around the circumferance of the summit. Additionally, a creature from the Undergas is known to continually circle, waiting for anyone foolish enough to challenge him.

[role]

As part of unlocking the mystery that is Dark Monk, Twinsen was forced to find the four key fragments of each race on Zeelich. Here, on this island, he found the mosquibee fragment in the previously mentioned chest. However, the chest was locked, and he was forced to duel with the keeper of the key. Using the Wannie's glove, he was able to repel the fireballs back at the beast, eventually destroying it, and gaining the fragment.

[related]

Wannie's Glove
Mosquibees Fragment
Mosquibees
Island of the Mosquibees

[authors]

D'Sparil

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-04-02, 08:17

Yes, thank you morshem.

wacko, please add Mosquibees to the [related] section of both the Villiage of, and the Island of the Mosquibees. Thanks.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-04-02, 08:39

Tippett Island

(Note: The island title on the site is mispelled. It says "Tipett" when actually it's "Tippett".)

[official]

Twinsen:

Quote:
To Tippett island
[fan]

During Dr. Funfrock's rise to power, he began to force the denizens of the northern hemisphere to migrate, across the Hamalayi Mountain Range, to the southern hemisphere. Tippett Island was one such island that was under this law. However, the people rebeled and hid deep beneath the surface of Tippett Island, unknown to Dr. Funfrock and his legions.

Assumed to be devoid of intelligent life, Tippett Island was overlooked during much of Funfrock's reign. But to those in the know, or to those seeking relief from the constant pressures of strict conformity, Tippett Island was sanctuary. On the surface, the cities had been destroyed. Piles of bricks cascade down stairwells into the remnants of the massive sewers. Those were all that remained after Tippett's fall. Establishing Funky-Town, the underground city was an outlet for criminal activity as well as relaxation.

[role]

Twinsen rarely set foot on the surface of Tippett Island. Rather, he spent most of his time, while on Tippett, dodging between the waterways of Funky-Town. After doing a favor for the bartender of the 'Twinsun Cafe' in Funky-Town, he was granted access to a long sewer duct, which was infested by leftover mutants from Funfrock's invasion. When he did finally reach the surface, he met his most useful ally against Funfrock, his Dino-Fly.

[related]

Funky-Town
Dino-Fly
Mutants
Northern Hemisphere

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2003-04-02, 20:11

Island below the Island of the Celebration

[stats]

Inhabitants: None
Size: Medium
Type: Lava
Transportation: Ferryman

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
You are on the island below the Volcano of the Celebration.
[fan]

The island below the Volcano of the Celebration is a hell in and of itself. Igneous rock protrudes at irregular angles while the never-ceasing flow of lava pours down from above, literally slicing the island in two. Scattered about the island are braziers, that burn so brightly, that they exude chunks of lava as well. It is unknown as to how these braziers came to be on this desolate place, for there are no inhabitants, and rarely any visitors.

[role]

After the assault on the Village of the Mosquibees, those who escaped capture fled to this island. Here, Twinsen sought out help from the refugees in obtaining the key to the passage which leads to Island CX.

[trivia]

Twinsen was not required to visit this island.

[related]

Secret Mosquibee hideout
Key to the passage which leads to Island CX
Island of the Mosquibees
Island of the Celebration

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-04-02 at 20:39.
Old 2003-04-02, 20:15

How about [trivia]:
Twinsen actually didn't have to go to the island.
Old 2003-04-02, 20:36

Challenge Room & Throne Room

Challenge Room

[official]

Queen Astrid:

Quote:
But he is not a Mosquibee. You will have to prove your courage and pass the test of truth before you can become one of us... Only then will we help you.
Queen Astrid:

Quote:
Excellent Twinsen! You just grabbed the blowtron! This weapon makes you our equal. You are now welcome in the village of the Mosquibees and we will help you reach the island CX. I not only own the key to the passage which leads there, I will also open the doors for you as soon as we arrive!!
[fan]

The challenge room of the mosquibees is an array of chaos. The arena consists of several holes in the wall. From each wall, a rock fires out and rolls across the arena, injuring those in its path. Inside the rocks are keys which open one of the four doors on the northern wall of the arena. The challenger may recieve membership or be forced to continue in the arena based on which door he or she opens.

[role]

Twinsen, using his aresenal, was able to break open several of the rocks and gain access to the doors, one of which held a blowtron. Which this weapon, he was considered an equal in the mosquibee village, and an ally. Just after he completed his task of obtaining the blowtron, the Emperor's soldiers began to invade the village.

[related]

Village of the Mosquibees
Queen Astrid
Blowtron
Mosquibee soldiers, big

[authors]

D'Sparil

Throne Room

[official]

Dissident Representative on Otringal:

Quote:
From what we know, the passage is blocked by a door. The key belongs to the queen of the mosquibees. It's up to you to convince them of your good faith. But don't forget that our comrades are over there!
[fan]

The throne room of the mosquibees pales in comparison to the Emperor's palace, but it suffices. From this room, Queen Astrid's orders are carried throughout all members of her colony. The throne, itself, is actually a door. It leads to a passage which allows access to the isle of CX.

[role]

Twinsen, after obtaining the key from Astrid, was able to open the throne and proceed to Island CX. It was here, he also confronted the queen for the first time, before entering the challenge room to become on of their equals.

[related]

Village of the Mosquibees
Queen Astrid
Challenge Room
Island CX
Key to the passage which leads to Island CX

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2003-04-02, 23:36

Citadel Island: Beach Headland

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Beach headland
Zed:

Quote:
The Esmers should come here. It feels so good to look for mushrooms. By the way, I wouldn't try to go swimming, it gets deep very rapidly.
[fan]

The southern end of Citadel Island features a large, relaxing beach. Surrounded by a set of cliffs, the cove is partially visible from the lighthouse, and hidden from everything else. Sparatically, a crab wanders up onto the sands. Surprisingly, there are not many visitors to this secluded paradise, though a grobo can be found tanning himself after a hard day's work of mushroom hunting.

[role]

The beach headland was a 'safe zone' for Twinsen when Twinsun was occupied by Esmer forces. Additionally, a hidden cave which held the Horn of Gawley and Sendell's Medallion was here as well, before Dr. Funfrock had Twinsen's house destroyed.

[related]

Zed
Sendell's Medallion
Horn of Gawley
Lighthouse

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-04-02 at 23:48.
Old 2003-04-02, 23:48

Citadel Island: Bug Street

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Bug street (Citadel Island)
[fan]

Just north of the beach headland is Bug Street. Bug Street is the southern-most road in Lupin-burg and Citadel Island as a whole. This is where Twinsen's old house was and where his new house is today. Similarly, Mies Van der Rooh, the architect who worked on such buildings as Dr. Funfrock's Teleportation Center, also has his home on Bug Street.

[role]

Twinsen came and went through Bug Street during his adventures. Bug Street saw little in the way of military force from both Dr. Funfrock and the Esmers. Dr. Funfrock only positioned one or two clones and the Esmers deployed just two guards as well. Because of this, Twinsen was able to move around Bug Street with adequate freedom.

[related]

Lupin-burg
Twinsen's house
Van der Rooh's residence
Beach Headland

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-04-03 at 04:49.
Old 2003-04-03, 00:53

Citadel Island: Cliffs

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Access to the cliffs
[fan]

Until the recent vanquishment of the Tralü, the highlands of Citadel Island were a generally feared place, while a strange attraction to some. It was upon the cliffs that the dreaded Citadel was built and where it's ruins still lie. Also, the weather wizard, Bersimon, lives among the cliffs as well, in his tent.

There are two caverns that run beneath the cliffs as well. One, which forms a labyrinth underneath Bersimon's tent, was home to the feared Tralü. Other points of interest are the Cliffs of the Woodbridge and the Ridge of the Flowers Circle.

[role]

Twinsen frequented the cliffs several times on his exploits. He was solely responsible for the defeat of the Tralü and the subsequent rescue of Raph, the lighthouse keeper. When Twinsen captured a Zeelichian shuttle, he crash landed in the cliffs, because he was unaccustomed to piloting the alien craft.

[related]

Raph
Tralü
Bersimon

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2003-04-03, 01:20

Citadel Island: Harbour

[official]

Unknown:

Quote:
I saw them at the port a little while ago. They were leaving for another island. It's strange, because prisoners usually stay at the Citadel.
[fan]

During Funfrock's rule, the harbour of Citadel Island was, perhaps, the most heavily guarded location on the island, besides the Citadel itself. During those times, the ferry building had an adjorned warehouse attached to it as well. Rows of razorwire and barracades of sandbags were set up to control the movements of the travellers. The ferry, a much older model than what is in place today, would travel between Citadel and Principal Island several times a day.

Since then, the barracades and wires have been removed and Inter-Islands Ferry has taken over the functioning of the port. Additionally, the warehouse was removed and made into a home, for Paul, a grobo sailor on the ferry. For ten kashes, one can purchase a ticket to Port-Ludo in the White Leaf Desert.

[role]

In the early stages of Twinsen's adventures, before he had his own personal craft, he was commonly forced to make use of the ferrys that traveled to the neighboring islands. For him to attain a ferry ticket during Funfrock's rule, he was forced to align boxes in the warehouse for a lazy grobo instead of being able to simply buy a ticket. When the Esmers took control of the harbour, all ferrying between the islands ceased.

[related]

Port-Ludo
Harbour (Principal Island)
Paul

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-04-03 at 04:47.
Old 2003-04-03, 04:27

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Bug Street saw little in the way of military force from both Dr. Funfrock and the Esmers
There are actually two franco soldiers guarding the neighbour's house.

Also, I would mention that marine activity was closed after the Esmers kidnapped the children, and that Twinsen didn't have to use the harbour any more after healing Dino-Fly.

Last edited by morshem; 2003-04-03 at 04:35.
Old 2003-04-03, 04:45

Citadel Island: Lupin-burg

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Welcome to Lupin-Burg (Citadel Island).
[fan]

Lupin-burg is the only city on Citadel Island. Running north and south along the western side of the city is Green Corulla Street. On the opposite side of the city, running the same direction, is Safeguard Street. At the northern most end of the city, running east to west, is Little Vachond Street and at the southern end is Bug Street. Additionally, during Dr. Funfrock's dictatorship, there was Dr. Funfrock Square.

Lupin-burg is the second most populated city on the southern hemisphere (The Old Burg is the most populated), and possibly on all of Twinsun. When Dr. Funfrock was in power, Lupin-burg suffered greatly under the shadow of the Citadel. It was used as a 'testing ground' for new and improved surveillance equipment in addition to the normal clone patrols. Even tanks and bunkers were placed to ensure total control over the populace. One step out of line in Lupin-burg could easily wind up in the Citadel, or worse. Many buildings were bricked up for unknown reasons. Presumably, enemies of the state were inside under house arrest.

Eventually, Funfrock lost his grip on Lupin-burg and the city was freed, but only for a short while. With the invasion of the Esmer race, Lupin-burg once again fell under strict watch. However, unlike Funfrock's rule, noone could be found within Lupin-burg's limits. Mine fields, remote heavy artillery, and foot solders of the Zeelichian Emperor lined the streets.

There are several places of interest within Lupin-burg.
  • Baggage Claim
  • Chez Luc
  • Miss Bloop's Private Museum
  • Pharmacy
  • School
  • Shop

[role]

In Twinsen's initial escape from the Citadel to his home, he had to traverse across Lupin-burg without being detected by Dr. Funfrock's minions. This would be one of many times that Twinsen would visit Lupin-burg. He found many items in Lupin-burg such as his protopack, Sendell's Ball, and his ancestral tunic.

Twinsen encountered the first Esmers to land in Lupin-burg. He also fought against them as they slowly took control of the city.

[trivia]

Lupin-burg is spelled as Lupin-bourg after Funfrock's fall. Additionally, it is possible to use the Horn of Gawley on the bust of Dr. Funfrock in the middle of Lupin-burg to gain access to a room in the sewers underneath.

[related]

Bug Street
Citadel
Harbour

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-04-03 at 04:56.
Old 2003-04-03, 04:47

Quote:
Lupin-burg is the second most populated city on the southern hemisphere
What's the most populated then? The Old Burg?
Old 2003-04-03, 04:54

I'm pretty sure it is. Though, Port-Ludo has a semi-decent populace and could exceed Lupin-burg easily in the next game if a couple more buildings were added.

Old 2003-04-03, 04:56

OK. Very good articles, btw .

I have a question: how should the Twinsen article look like? Because im in most articles we're writing about things related to Twinsen's adventure. Twinsen's article, I believe, should cover the whole two adventures. There also can't be a Role section.

Last edited by morshem; 2003-04-03 at 06:00.
Old 2003-04-03, 05:04

I don't know if it'd be possible to recount the entirety of both adventures on just one page. That's two walkthroughs, basically. However, you are right. His page will have to be different somehow. There's a lot of information pertaining to his adventures and they should be covered in brief. Perhaps two moderately large paragraphs each.

As far as his role goes. Yeah, let's cut that out. It'd look ridiculous. It'd be something like this:

[role]

In Twinsen's adventures, Twinsen was Twinsen.

Silly.

Old 2003-04-03, 05:05

Let's see what wacko says.
Old 2003-04-03, 05:58

Citadel Island: Chez Luc

[official]

Unknown:

Quote:
I don't know where he is, but his buddies are at the pub "Chez Luc".
Owner of the Hacienda:

Quote:
Sorry, but I've forbidden roof access since my colleague from Citadel Island had legal issues with a customer who took a bad dive in the cellar of his bar!
Luc:

Quote:
If you want Life or Magic points, you can get some from one of the vending machines on the bar.
Bartender:

Quote:
I'm a bartender, you know, so I've have had my fill of bar jokes and strange stories!
[fan]

Chez Luc is the only bar on Citadel Island. This bar saw tough times and was nearly shut down during Dr. Funfrock's sovereignty. Recently, however, it has thrived and business has been good. Besides drinks, life points, and magic points, Chez Luc also features a jukebox which plays the latest music. With two levels of seating, there is enough room to fit any occasion. And if not, then they'll go out into the streets.

Chez Luc was remodeled after Funfrock's fall. It used to allow visitors to go onto the roof of the establishment. It also had different colored tiling. The Esmers kicked everyone out of Chez Luc (including the local bar flies, Pat and Fab) and used it for their own enjoyment, some more than others. Chez Luc is run by its owner, Luc, and its waiter, Tim.

[role]

Chez Luc did not play a vital role in Twinsen's adventures until the subjegation of Citadel Island by the Esmers. However, valuable information could be discovered there before then. Twinsen found a hole in the floor of Chez Luc that lead to a secret room in the sewers beneath Lupin-burg. Once inside, Twinsen discovered Sendell's Ball hidden there by Bersimon.

[related]

Sendell's Ball
Luc
Pat
Tim
Fab

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2003-04-03, 17:25
Magic Ball Master

I'm sorry I missed those articles; I forgot to check this thread from time to time. I will add them later today. They're looking very nice once again. I will read them while adding and edit minor things if necessary.
Old 2003-04-03, 20:38

wacko, how do you think the Twinsen article should look like?
Old 2003-04-04, 16:46
Magic Ball Master

the [official] parts only with quotes about Twinsen himself.. for example the quote "Hi, I'm Twinsen, the hero of this adventure".

[role] should be really small, with just a very global description of what he has done in the two adventures.

[fan] as usual: an extensive description of the character including his looks, thoughts and ideas, as well as the development he's been through (learning about magic).
Old 2003-04-14, 13:27

Ferryman
[fan]
Down under Zeelich’s gas layer is the undergas, a zone full of lava. The islands of the undergas are isolated from each other, and very few people know how to get from one island to another. The most common myth among the dwellers of the undergas is about a ferryman, who takes people from one island to another for a charge.
However, very few people know that the ferryman actually exists, and even less people know how to call him. One of the few people who know about the ferryman is a wannie who works as a maid at Mr. Monk’s house. She will teach whoever is interested the ferryman’s song, which is the song required to call the ferryman. The person singing this song at the wharf at Ferryman’s Lane in Wannies Island, the beach at Mosquibees Island or the edge of the Volcano Island will be met by the ferryman, who will then charge four gems for a trip. The ferryman will take whoever can meet the price around the undergas. The traveler can choose between Wannies Island, Mosquibees Island or the Volcano Island.
However, the ferryman’s character is very obscure. Very few is known about his personality, and it is rumored that he is a rather unfriendly wannie.
[role]
During his second adventure around Zeelich, Twinsen arrived at the undergas, where his main goal was to reach Mosquibees Island so that he could access Island CX. Wandering around the Wannies Island, he reached the Wannies Village, where he met Mr. Monk’s maid. The maid was friendly, and helped Twinsen by teaching him the Ferryman’s Song. Our hero then made his way to the wharf at Ferryman’s Lane, where he sang the song. In no time at all, the ferryman arrived, and asked Twinsen for his destination. Twinsen replied he must go to Island CX, and paid the ferryman the required amount of gems- four. The ferryman then took him to the Mosquibees Island, where our hero could continue his adventure. Later on, in his escape from the emperor’s attack on the island, Twinsen used the ferryman’s services again to get to the Volcano Island and to the Wannies Island.

I was too lazy to add [official] and [related]. Please do so, wacko.
Old 2003-04-18, 20:12
Banned

Twinsen LBA1 maps

I found some LBA1 maps on another LBA page, but I can't remember the name of the pages.
It made me wonder if there will be added maps over Proxima Island, and the other islands and cities from LBA1, if that topic haven't been discussed before.
Old 2003-05-23, 10:22

Wacko, just wanted to let you know that ChaosFish, Anakin and myself talked about it, and came up to a conclusion that "masher" isn't the name of the hacienda grobo, but it actually means "pervert". You may want to change it in the Twinsunica.