Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2003-09-03, 15:08
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Safeguard street

[official]

Sign at the sewers:

Quote:
"Safeguard Street"
Sewers rabbibunny:

Quote:
What a pain these sewers! What a stink and I still have oodles of manhole covers to update. Phew!! I have had it up to here!!
Quote:
Well, I am certain he is not in the sewers, I would have seen him.
[fan]

Safeguard street is a small street at the south-east of Citadel Island's sewers system. Located under the road leading to the north of the town, this street is easily accessible through a grate just near the road.
On the inside, there is nothing of real interest to any kind of visitors. The street consists of nothing but a small road that ends at a ramp too high to reach at one end, and just sewer tunnels at the other end. A barrel containing a pretty high sum of money is standing just near the enrance. Additioanlly, a repairman rabbibunny is sometimes noted at the place, working on various sewers repairing.

[role]

In case Twinsen happened to be noticed around Safeguard street during his second adventure, it must have been by an accident. This small sewers area served absolutely no purpose in the quetch's second adventure, except for retrieving some monet from the barrel. He also came there for a very short period of time, to seek for information about the missing lighthouse keeper.

[related]

Sewers

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-09-03, 15:41

Emerald Moon street

[official]

Sign at the sewers:

Quote:
"L.B.A. Old Burg Sewer service. Emerald Moon Street."
[fan]

Emerald Moon street is a small street at the Old Burg at Principal Island. It is the only sewers street on the entire island, and its existance is unknown to most inhabitants of the island. A marble statue of Dr. FunFrock is blocking the way, and a Horn of Gawley is required in order to enter the street. It is located in the middle part of the Old Burg, between the bottom level and the Astronomer's house.
Inside the street, it is noticable that this is where the sewer tunnels end their course. As for the few visitors who reach the street, the only thing of real interest is the three mushrooms located around the room, each one consisting of a few life candies or magic flasks. However, the real attraction of the place is the barrel standing near the sewers tunnel, containing 150 kashes. A small ladder leads in or out of the place.

[role]

Once owning the Horn of Gawley, Twinsen was able to break the statue of FunFrock, thus gaining access to the street. Inside, he had nothing much to do, except for gaining the consumable items, as well as the desired kashes. Twinsen had no further use of the street.

[trivia]

The name of this place, as well as a sentence said by the horse in the White Leaf Desert, is the only mention of Twinsun's moon as far as it is known in Twinsen's first adventure.

[related]

Sewers

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-09-04, 06:31
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Twinsen's House

Let's see if I can remember how to do this.

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Twinsen's house (Citadel island)
Zoé:

Quote:
I think it's time to make use of what you hid in the house.
Mies Van der Rooh's father:

Quote:
My son and I fixed the ventilation flap in your chimney. We'll put up a fence later. It's odd that it is so far away from your house! According to my son, who is an architect, there are a lot of strange things about your house!
Sign:

Quote:
House of Twinsen and Zoé.
[fan]

On Bug Street is Twinsen's house, which is located on the southern end Citadel Island, near the lighthouse and beach headland. In fact, he has had two seperate houses. The first house was built into the cliffs, and actually extended far back into them. So far, it perplexed his architect neighbor when he came to fix the chimney. Soon after Twinsen escaped from the Citadel, his house was bricked shut, and eventually destroyed by the tyrant.

After the loss of his house, Twinsen had another one built. Since before the birth of their new son, Twinsen and Zoé had been remodelling the interior. Their new house also has a niche for their car, should they need to drive it.

[role]

Throughout Twinsen's adventures, he often sought sanctuary in his home. Whether he be hiding from clones, or weathering a storm, Twinsen often found safety there. During his escape from the Citadel, Twinsen was able to hide from inquiring clones and escape up his chimney. Additionally, he found ancient relics left for him by his ancestors underneath his home. The Horn of Gawley and Sendell's Medallion.

Today, Twinsen has a bust of Dr. Funfrock still in his home, which he uses for target practice when throwing tomatos or darts. He also has a two-way radio that allows him to communicate with his good friend, Jerome Baldino, who lives in Port Ludo on Desert Island.

[trivia]

Though approximately the same size as the neighboring buildings, Twinsen's house seems to have several times the floor space that any of them do.

[related]

Bug Street
Sendell's Medallion
Horn of Gawley
Van der Rooh's residence
Twinsen

[authors]

D'Sparil

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-09-04, 06:38

Nice extended article .
I wanted to write a few times about Twinsen's house, but realized I don't know enough about it...
Anyway, your writing always makes me jealous... .

I'll add it in a minute.

edit: tadaa!
Old 2003-09-04, 19:04

Van der Rooh's residence

[official]

Letter from Mies Van der Rooh to Dr. Funfrock:

Quote:
" My dear and respected Dr. FunFrock, I took the plans of the Teleportation Center home with me, to work on them over the week-end. I will bring them back on Monday. Signed: Mies Van der Rooh, Architect, Bug Street, Citadel Island. "
[fan]

On Bug Street, neighboring Twinsen's house, is the Van der Rooh residence. Up until recently, Mr. Van der Rooh lived with his son, Mies, who is an architect. The house, itself, is a comfortable one room place, with all the necessities. Rarely seen on Twinsun, it also has a fenced off yard.

[role]

Twinsen had little to do with the Van der Rooh's during his first battle against Funfrock. However, Mies unwittingly gave Twinsen his ID card, which allowed Twinsen to access, and eventually destroy, Dr. Funfrock's Teleportation Center of Brundel Island.

Later, during the invasion of the esmers, after Mies had moved away, old Mr. Van der Rooh gave Twinsen a pyramid-shaped key for unlocking the door to Sendell's Ball.

[trivia]

Though the Van der Rooh's are on good terms with Twinsen now, they were untrusting of the quetch initially.

[related]

Architect's Pass
Pyramid-shaped key
Bug Street
Mies Van der Rooh
Teleportation Center

[authors]

D'Sparil

Note: For some reason, I can't access ET, as such, I was unable to get the links for the pass and the key. Sorry.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2003-09-04, 20:13

Yeah... the Twinsunica is down for a few hours already...
Quite weird, considering the fact my site (also at free.fr) works just fine... Maybe wacko can explain that...

Anyway, yet another good article
I hope to see you writing more .
Old 2003-09-04, 20:18

As soon as I can access the site again, I'll be writing more. I just need to know what to write about!

Old 2003-09-04, 20:50
Magic Ball Master

D`Sparil, I love your articles.

Morshem: need I say more? Excellent articles, and great administration
Only the é (Zoé) is still a problem here and there

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
Yeah... the Twinsunica is down for a few hours already...
Quite weird, considering the fact my site (also at free.fr) works just fine... Maybe wacko can explain that...
Your website is on perso1-2.free.fr
Twinsunica is on perso3-2.free.fr

(check with "tracert blah.free.fr" in a command window)

free.fr has several independant servers, and some are sometimes slow/busy/down.
Old 2003-09-04, 22:43

Hearing wacko saying such things warms my heart .
Old 2003-09-05, 01:26

Huzzah! My writing is loved. Although, after several hours. . . Twinsunica is still down. A dark day this is.

Old 2003-09-05, 16:45

More than 24 hours without a Twinsunica... I feel I'm about to die...
Old 2003-09-05, 18:25

Really. The worst part is that I'm going away for the weekend and won't, probably, have time to work on it at all during that time.

Edit: Additionally, it gives me a 403 error 'FORBIDDEN'. Is anyone else getting that or is that how it is while the server is down?

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2003-09-05 at 19:03.
Old 2003-09-05, 19:35

Yeah, I'm also getting that...
Old 2003-09-05, 20:45

Okay, good. I was worried that I was the only one getting that error and I was thinking, "I just accessed the encyclopedia yesterday!"

Old 2003-09-12, 15:10

Well, now that we are back online, I have added your article (and added the missing links) .

I'm gonna write some more articles soon... I'm not sure about what though...
Old 2003-09-12, 17:29

Ferryman's Lane

[official]

Ferryman's song inventory description:

Quote:
If you sing it at the end of the ferryman's wharf, you will see him emerge from the mist and come to offer to take you to another island.
Sign:

Quote:
You're at the ferryman's lane.
Annie:

Quote:
Of course, it's fairly simple. You have to pay him in gems if you want him to take you. But first you have to call him. To do that, you have to stand at the end of the ferryman's pier and call him with this song. Listen to me and don't forget.
Wannie outside the Wannies Village:

Quote:
Ah, yes, right. Only thing is, they don't live on this island, sir. You have to go to the wharf and call the ferryman. I've never actually seen him, but this rumor has an air of truth. Ask the Monk, he'll be able to answer you.
[fan]

The ferryman's lane has received its name from the various legends regarding the ferryman, a mysterious wannie rumored to be an inter-island communication provider around the undergas. In reality, these rumors are actually true, but since very few people know about the actual existance of the ferryman, this wharf is usually rather deserted.
The wharf itself is connected by a small stone bridge to the mainland of the Wannies Island, and is located south to the Wannies Village. A small pier in the middle of the wharf is used for calling upon the ferryman. Whoever sings the Ferryman Song while standing at this little temple will cause the arrival of the mysterious wannie. Once arriving, the ferryman usually docks at the little shore to the west of the temple. He will then charge the traveller a certain fare, and will take him across the Ocean of Fire to the desired destination. This small shore is also used for docking in case the ferryman wishes to unload the traveller.

[role]

Having to reach the Mosquibees Island, Twinsen came across teh Wannies Village, where he met Annie, the housemaid of Dark Monk's priest. Being one of the only people who know about the ferryman, Annie was willing to teach Twinsen about the ferryman and how to contact him. After thanking the helpful wannie, Twinsen made his way to the Ferryman's Lane, where he sand the ferryman's song at the small pier. In no time at all, the ferryman has arrived, asking Twinsen for his destianation. Once the quetch has replied and paid the required price, he was taken at the ferryman's little gondola to the Mosquibees.
Later on, when coming back from the Volcano Island, the ferryman used this wharf to dock after bringing Twinsen from the island. When going back to the Mosquibees one final time, Twinsen used this wharf again to call upon the ferryman.

[related]

Ferryman
Annie
Ferryman's Song

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-09-12 at 23:41.
Old 2003-09-12, 19:07
Ben Folds live

Send a message via MSN to Lucifer
Colonel Kroptman

May I also write articles? Here's one already, Colonel Kroptman.

I'm unsure about one thing: I called the one that helps you reach the fort at the Okojo pass "rabbibunny commando". In the article about Grap by morshem it says that the one helping you is Grap. However, when you leave Rebellion Island Grap is still in the trench while the commando who is going to help you talks to you.

[stats]

Size: Small
Race: Sphero

[official]

Colonel Kroptman:

Quote:
Quick, get me out of here!
Quote:
Hey quetch, hell of a job. If you'd like to carry on down the corridor and, try to open the hatch at the end of the hall.
Rebel leader:

Quote:
You must be Twinsen. Like you, we have rebelled against that madman FunFrock - and you saw what's left of the city. We don't believe that the Northern hemisphere has become uninhabitable like the propaganda says it has. There may even be some survivors living there who refused to be deported. This is why we have decided to take the road leading to the Okojo pass by force. It leads to the Northern hemisphere. Unfortunately, our leader, Colonel Kroptman, was captured during the attack. We believe that he is still being held in the small fort that guards the pass. Help us free him by raiding the fort. You will be able to get to the Northern hemisphere if you do so. Go back to the hangar, there is a commando waiting for you in the boat.
Rebel military in the Hamalayi mountains:

Quote:
I'm with the rebels who are fighting against FunFrock. We are currently trying to cross the Hamalayi mountains. Our leader, Colonel Kroptman, has been taken prisoner. Welcome aboard if you are joining the fight! Go see my friends on Rebellion island. They will let you dock only if you're displaying the proper emblem: a pirate flag with a skull.
Quote:
You're a real hero, Twinsen ! Well uh ... I mean, thanks for freeing Colonel Kroptman.
Rabbibunny commando:

Quote:
I’ll cover you. Go free the Colonel.
[fan]

Kroptman was a firm sphero who rebelled against FunFrock during his reign. He became the colonel of the rebels on Rebellion Island. Kroptman was captured during their assault on the Okojo pass, which would lead them to the Northern hemisphere of Twinsun. After Kroptman was freed by Twinsen he escaped together with the rabbibunny commando that had guided Twinsen to the fort. They both disappeared.

[theories]

Kroptman and the rabbibunny commando might have been killed during their escape. This was not confirmed by any of the other rebels.

[role]

When Twinsen got to Rebellion Island he was given the task to free the Colonel. A commando helped Twinsen to get into the fort which guarded the pass and where Kroptman was being held. Freeing the Colonel eventually enabled Twinsen to reach the Northern Hemisphere himself.

[trivia]

After Colonel Kroptman was rescued by Twinsen he disappeared and was never seen again anywhere on Twinsun.

[related]

Rebels
Okojo pass
Rebellion island
Grap

[authors]

Lucifer
Old 2003-09-12, 19:39

Port-Ludo

[official]

Sign

Quote:
"Port-Ludo (Island of the White Leaf Desert)."
Unknown

Quote:
I hope my clientele will come back. It looks like there are less and less Esmers in the streets of Port-Ludo.
[fan]

Built after the fall of Funfrock, the largest, and only, city on the Island of the White Leaf Desert, Port-Ludo is a sun-bathed paradise to many, and home to some. Connected to the harbour on Citadel Island by the Inter Island Ferry Service, Port-Ludo is a growing community on a previously barren island.

Port-Ludo is where Jerome Baldino has settled since blowing out the wall of his Proxima Island home. Additionally, the healer, Ker'aooc lives in the city as well. Port-Ludo also boasts an excellent café for those who particularly enjoy culinary delights. Of course, no city would be complete without the local bazaar. Port-Ludo also has a boliche court and miles of beach front property.

[role]

Twinsen often visited Port-Ludo during when trying to free the land from Esmer control. Whether seeking the help from Ker'aooc and Jerome, or fighting his way to the oasis behind the city, Twinsen's actions were not unnoticed.

When the Esmers invaded, Port-Ludo, like many of the other cities on the planet, was essentially locked down and under surveillence all the time. Port-Ludo especially, because this was the closest town to the Esmer's remote base here on Twinsun.

[related]

Harbour
Jerome Baldino
Ker'aooc
Oasis
Inter Islands Ferry building

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2003-09-12, 19:46

P.S. I'm glad to see that the encyclopedia is back. Too bad it took so long to come back, but on the plus side, nothing was lost. Besides time, that is. Anyway, welcome back ET. Let the articles commence.

Old 2003-09-12, 19:53

Wow, three different people wrote for the Twinusnica in one day! A new miestone!

Lucifer- I'm glad to see you are in, a very nice article there . I'm going to add it as soon as the Admin page works fine (I'm having so peoblems with it now).
And by the way, you are right about Grap... he stays in Rebellion Island during the mission to free Kroptman... I'm gonna fix it soon. Thanks for noticing .

D'Sparil- yet another great article .

Well, I'm happy more and more articles are being written... I can see a great future to the project!

btw, I could sure use some modding abilities at the Twinsunica forum... they would enable me adding articles more easily

Last edited by morshem; 2003-09-12 at 21:03.
Old 2003-09-12, 20:44
!!!!!

El, he's right
Old 2003-09-12, 23:53

Articles have been added .
I have also added Lucifer to the Contributors section, which makes me extra-happy .

I'll write some more articles tomorrow maybe.
Old 2003-09-13, 05:39

Currency

[official]

Kashes inventory description:

Quote:
It is the exchange currency of your planet Twinsun. It allows you to buy the articles you are interested in.
Zlitos inventory description:

Quote:
It is the exchange currency of planet Zeelich. With it, you can buy the articles you are interested in on planet Zeelich.
Gems inventory description:

Quote:
The gems are commonly used by the Francos to produce gazogem. But you can use it to pay for the ferryman's services.
[fan]

Under this category, we can find items used around the two planets as a currency exchange. Whoever wishes to buy an item or pay for a specific service must use these items in order to pay. Obtaining these items varies on the item, although as for the coins, it is common to find them in plants and rubbish cans, while the gems are usually found in the mine at Wannies Island.

[role]

During his two adventures, Twinsen found the use of currency items necessary at many points. Whether interested in buying a bonus item, such as life candies or flasks of magic vial, or an item vital to carry on his quests, such as a pick-ax, these currency items were always handy. At one point of his second adventure, when no longer needing a specific currency, he was able to exchange it for the local currency at the Twinsunian souvenir shop.

[related]

Gems
Kashes
Zlitos

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-09-16, 05:17

Question: I see articles, like 'Mosquibees', that don't conform to our standards. Though I understand that the articles are posted, and can be edited, should I make an effort to correct them?

Old 2003-09-16, 05:55

Well, actually, all the Species values currently have no articles at all, just the description from Dark Monk's temple and from the official site.
An article will always be appreciated .

Last edited by morshem; 2003-09-16 at 06:27.