Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2001-04-18, 03:06
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Question

Hey all,

I'm new to the site so don't grill me too much here. I was just thinking how cool LBA is and what could be done to make it better (if that's even possible). Then it sort of hit me. (No, stars did not fly out of my head) What do a lot of games have in today's world? Multiplayer. ANd I was trying to imagine LBA 1 or 2 multiplayer. Or at least, using those worlds in a multiplayer universe type thing. Perhaps you could help me with some ideas on how a game like this could be made. I sort of have this vision of a "make-your-own" character type thing with different classes (IE: Guard, Wizard, Citizen, Whatever). AN interesting concept don't you think?

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2001-04-18, 06:11

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Greetings, D'Sparil. On the behalf of the members of this forum, I would like to thank you for posting this idea. It sounds very interesting, but the thing is, is that we have already though of this concept and work on such product has already began. I'm sure that the rest of my colliegues will describe you what it is that I am talking about.
Old 2001-04-18, 20:20
!!!!!

Welcome to the forums!

I think that's a really (really!) BAD idea.
I hate all those on-line RPG/action games, it's just so damn boring... I'll die if LBA will become RPG...
Old 2001-04-18, 21:21
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
LOL Lightwing you will scare him away with your high-level english :P

Welcome to the forum

I think it will SUCK, it will make it so much like Ultima Online \ Everquest, which I hate so much.. :\
Old 2001-04-18, 22:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Ultima/Everquest suck, but that dosn't meen all online RPG's do.
Buldars Gate is excelent, and Diablos fun (but not really an RPG)
D`Sparil - Thanks for joining RPM, I will send you the next
Newsletter
Old 2001-04-19, 02:07
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Thumbs Up

Alright, granted. I know lots of RPGs do suck. And I don't think it'd work out for LBA either. Perhaps I'm thinking more along the lines of something like Diablo where only a limited number (IE: 4) are allowed into the area at once and work together to complete something. Of course there wouldn't be any stats or anything like that involved, only inventory and the like. And... ummm... ok, thanks to all the people welcoming me and thank you Darkflame for letting me help you in the RPM.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2001-04-19, 02:19
LBA fan

Welcome
I don´t think this will be good too, i just can´t imagine Twinsen like a Paladin or Zoe like a warrior. Hmm.. adventure and rpg games just dont match in this type of thing
Old 2001-04-19, 04:27

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
It doesn't nessesaraly has to be an RPG.......it can be a deathmatch..And who said it had to be Zoe? I would perfer a rebel, terrain soldier, etc.
Old 2001-04-19, 22:42
LBA fan

hmmm... but, in this case, it is difficult to make a story for a deathmatch. Or he will not have a story? Bah, i still think is bad.
Old 2001-04-19, 23:02
Magic Level: Green Ball

Talking bad idea city

Little big Adventure is an epic adventure about a lonely hero, destined to save the planet on his own with only help from people at some parts of the globe. Trying to create a multiplayer game for lba would really mess up the game.
Old 2001-04-20, 02:58
LBA fan

Re: bad idea city

Quote:
Originally posted by De Priester
Little big Adventure is an epic adventure about a lonely hero, destined to save the planet on his own with only help from people at some parts of the globe. Trying to create a multiplayer game for lba would really mess up the game.
yep, this is what i try to say.
Old 2001-04-20, 05:02
Magic Level: Green Ball

Smile Yup

And I said it for you so you didn't have to.