Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2004-02-18, 04:16
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Principal Island - Old Burg: Locksmith's House

[official]

Locksmith:
Quote:
If you already know about that passage, I can open the unguarded door for you. After you!
Quote:
The passage will only open when you come from my cousin's house. Now stop rummaging everywhere!
[fan]

The only locksmith on the whole of the southern hemisphere can be found in the Old Burg. His shop/home can be found on the first level, between the top of the stairs and the gate to the second level. Inside are various goods used for making keys, and an assortment of already completed keys hanging on the wall. Also, there is a secret one-way passage that connects the locksmith's house and his cousin's house.

[role]

After gaining the trust of the Old Burg populace, Twinsen began the long trek of reaching the astronomer, Bob Vortix. One leg of the journey required him to meet the locksmith's cousin, whom took Twinsen into his own house. By 'washing his hands' Twinsen opened a secret passageway that lead to the locksmith's house. Upon exiting the passage, the locksmith realized that Twinsen was in contact with his cousin, and therefore would help him by unlocking the unguarded gate leading to the second level of the Old Burg.

[related]

Locksmith's Cousin's house (any better wording?)
Bob Vortix
Locksmith

[authors]

D'Sparil

(Keep on truckin'. )

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2004-02-18, 22:10
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko
There's an option to export to text files in LBADeCOMP, all to do after that is to import them into the database.
but how do you know from where is it from? like lba1 in principal islnd etc.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-02-19, 00:06
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
but how do you know from where is it from? like lba1 in principal islnd etc.
There's one text file for each island. Browsing a little through it and years of experience with LBA1/2 helps to indicate what text file what island is (might even be in the LBADeCOMP documentation). Then it's just a matter of adding the island with the text files into the database.

D`Sparil; nice to read your work, articles seem great this motivates me to get my hands dirty on the Twinsunica again too.
Old 2004-02-19, 00:19
strange dreamer

ok ive got lbadecomp and i dont know how to use it exactly so... ill ask later.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-02-19, 01:10

I'm glad I can inspire! For the record, I know it's not a dead effort, and at the very least, it makes an interesting read when you're bored.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2004-03-07, 14:30
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Sendell's Medallion

[official]

When finding the medallion in LBA 1:

Quote:
You've just earned the third level of Magic by finding Sendell's Medallion.
When finding it in LBA 2:

Quote:
You have just found your ancestral Tunic and Sendell's Medallion. By storing Magic, it will enable you to bounce your ball at your enemies.
Inventory description in LBA 1:

Quote:
Sendell's Medallion. With this magical symbol, you have just earned the third level of power.
Quote:
Sendell's Medallion. It will allow you to earn the third level of power.
In LBA 2:

Quote:
Tunic and Sendell's Medallion
From the Book of Bש:

Quote:
\"The day will come when someone from the present or future species will rise up and say, 'This world is mine from now on, and the key to all powers belongs to me!' This day will surely come because avarice and violence harbor in the hearts of all species of the universe. If the peril on this day is too great, the Chosen One will come forth. He will rise up against the tyrant and overthrow him. He will free and reunite the people, because throughout the years, the Chosen One's ancestors will have prepared him for his victory. They will have left information and weapons in his dwelling. The Chosen One, also known as the Heir, will, however, have to gather together four magical symbols if he hopes to be victorious: the Tunic, the Book of Bש, Sendell's Medallion and a Flask of Clear Water. On the day of peril Sendell will visit the Heir in his sleep and announce the coming of the final combat. The Heir will then have to go to the Well of Sendell where the goddess will endow her powers on him! \"
Dino-Fly:

Quote:
Good day. Let's see, you can talk to me and you're wearing the Medallion of Sendell: you must be the Heir! I've been waiting for you for centuries and I've got a backache so we'll go carefully. The Hamalayi mountains are too high for me but I can lead you through this entire hemisphere, except for Polar island: it is too well guarded by FunFrock. Where do you want to go?
Rabbibunny at Fortress Island:

Quote:
I know that symbol on your medallion. Virgul, our sorcerer, told us about your coming, and we have often prayed in front of the Runic Stone, which carries the same symbol. Unfortunately, Dr. FunFrock found it and built his fortress right over it, although the Rock was supposed to be indestructible! I would dig a tunnel for you so that you could enter the building, but you must first sabotage the Teleportation Center. Go find the plans of this center, I can dig only after all the telepods have been neutralized!
Sign at Twinsen's house:

Quote:
"To my future descendants: I have lent to Miss Bloop's private museum, the Medallion and the Ancestral Tunic which rightfully belong to you. Signed: Twinsen."
Twinsen:

Quote:
Aha !, Sendell's Medallion and my Ancestral Tunic.
Quote:
I want to get back my Tunic and my Sendell's Medallion.
[fan]

As described in the sacred Book of Bש, Sendell's Medallion is one of the four important magical symbols that have to be collected by the Heir, along with the flask of Clear Water, the Ancestral Tunic, and the book itself. Upon gathering and uniting those four magicl symbols, the Heir's victory will be much more certain. Furthermore, this medallion also enables upgrading the level of magic, depending on the previous level the Chosen One had.
Additionally, this medallion was one of the signs with which Dino-Fly is supposed to recognize the Heir, at the day the latter will locate his whereabouts.
The medallion itself is made of pure gold, and is coloured as such. A big, brown S is sealed at at the centre of the medallion, to symbolize the close connection to Sendell.

[role]

In his quest of defeating the evil tyrant FunFrock, Twinsen has discovered a hidden cave just behind his house. Once opening the door, with the aid of the key he stole from LeBorgne's treasure, Twinsen has reached an enchanted room. There, at the middle, hovered in air two highly desired magical objects: the Horn of Gawley and Sendell's Medallion. Not wasting time, he quickly grabbed these two items, thus upgrading his level of magic to Red Ball. From then on, regardless of his general outfit, Twinsen almost always had the medallion on. When reaching Dino-Fly at Tippett Island, the dino could recognize Twinsen as the Heir by this medallion.
At the end of his first adventure, Twinsen has contributed the medallion, as well as a few other objects he possesed, to Ms. Bloop's museum. However, he very quickly found the use of it useful again, and had to use his tricks in order to "steal" it from the museum.

[theories]

The origins of the medallion are unknown. It was most likely created in some magical way, perhaps by Sendell, and was stored for generations by Twinsen's ancestors in the Heir's Room behind his house.

[related]

Sendell
Book of Bש
Dino-Fly
Twinse's house
Miss Bloop's Private Museum

[authors]

morshem
Old 2004-03-09, 09:47
Ben Folds live

Send a message via MSN to Lucifer
Great article morshem!

Unfortunately I don't think I can contribute much to the Encyclopedia anymore, with my departure to Japan. I'm sorry I have submitted only four articles thus far.

Maybe I can still help when I return, or perhaps the Twinsunica will be finished already then!

Last edited by Lucifer; 2004-03-09 at 09:49. Reason: mistake
Old 2004-03-16, 13:04
Magic Ball Master

Here something add in the article of the emperor of Zeelich:

[fan]

Dr Funfrock tries another plan to destroy Twinsun, by impost Dark Monk. The Emperor was actually his right hand, and spreaded the propaganda that Dark Monk was reincarnated. Because the Priests of Zeelich believe that, they suspected Twinsen of stealing fragments while he actually stole them to avoid unaccepteble use of the Emperor and Funfrock. The Emperor wants actually to be (Just like Funfrock was master of Twinsun) the master of Zeelich. The Emperor had overwhelming armies in comparision with the dissidents and army of Queen Astrid. He send those armies as way to avoid his plan would fail.

[role]

He helped Dr. Funfrock to impost Dark Monk and to destroy Twinsun. In fact he is a righthand of FF.

[theories]

He could picked up Funfrock when falling from the well and sended a clone to finish Twinsen.

[author]

Guitar

Last edited by Guitar; 2004-03-16 at 16:54.
Old 2004-03-16, 13:37

Even though you could elaborate much more on the Role section, the Fan section is pretty good .

Here's an article I wrote yesterday about the Flask of Clear Water:

[official]

When filling the flask with Clear Water:

Quote:
You've just earned the fourth level of Magic by filling up your flask with Clear Water.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Flask of Clear Water. With this magical symbol, you have just earned the fourth level of power.
Quote:
Flask of Clear Water. It will allow you to earn the fourth level of power.
Book of Bש:

Quote:
\"The day will come when someone from the present or future species will rise up and say, 'This world is mine from now on, and the key to all powers belongs to me!' This day will surely come because avarice and violence harbor in the hearts of all species of the universe. If the peril on this day is too great, the Chosen One will come forth. He will rise up against the tyrant and overthrow him. He will free and reunite the people, because throughout the years, the Chosen One's ancestors will have prepared him for his victory. They will have left information and weapons in his dwelling. The Chosen One, also known as the Heir, will, however, have to gather together four magical symbols if he hopes to be victorious: the Tunic, the Book of Bש, Sendell's Medallion and a Flask of Clear Water. On the day of peril Sendell will visit the Heir in his sleep and announce the coming of the final combat. The Heir will then have to go to the Well of Sendell where the goddess will endow her powers on him! \"
Old Rabbibunny in the desert:

Quote:
I'll give you my guitar in exchange for the flute that you possess Twinsen, beforehand, though, you will have play it next to the Clear Water Lake in order to obtain the 4th magical symbol.
Rabbibunny in Rabbibunnies Village:

Quote:
Did you know that there is a Clear Water lake very near here. It is located close to the Door of the Sacred Carrot and it has a close connection with a prophecy.
Raymond the Elf:

Quote:
I am Raymond-the-Elf, to show my gratitude, I will indicate the location of the Clear Water Lake to you. It is to the North-West, in the Hamalayi mountains (look on your Holomap). If you play the flute there, you will find an important element of the prophecy. And if you have a membership card you can show me, I've something else for you.
Quote:
I am Raymond-the-Elf, to show my gratitude, I will indicate the location of the Clear Water Lake to you. It is to the North-West, in the Hamalayi mountains (look on your Holomap). If you play the flute there, you will find an important element of the prophecy. And in a grotto near the temple of Bש, you'll find one of my fellow elves, he'll be able to get you a blue card.
At Miss Bloop's museum:

Quote:
"Vial which once contained the Clear Water. "
[fan]

As described in the Book of Bש, the vial of Clear Water is one of the four magical items have to be collected by the Chosen One, if he "hopes to be victorious". While the vial itself was of less importance, the water required to posses was of a very special and rare kind: water from the Clear Water lake, which is located at the Hamalayi Mountains. However, the gathering water from this lake during the reign of Dr. FunFrock was not an easy task at all. Not only was the access to the lake blocked by terrifying soldiers and clones, but also is it frozen throughout the entire year. The Heir, when his time arrives, would require to find ways to overcome the clones, as well as to melt the water, thus gaining access to the desired Clear Water.

[role]

As described above, Twinsen had to fetch a vial with Clear Water as one of the four magical symbols described in the sacred Book of Bש. Once he reached the Hamalayi Ranges with the rebels, though, he found out that reaching the lake won't be very simple. Not only were the clones patrolling everywhere around, but also was the access there blocked by a carrot door, sacred to the residents of the Rabbibunny Village. By destroying the Mutants Factory, and thus preventing any mutants from disturbing the peaceful life of the innocent rabbibunnes, Twinsen was able to gain their trust. Thus, the rabbibunnies were willing to open the sacred door for him, allowing him to reach the Clear Water lake.
Once at the lake, Twinsen found out disappointendly, that the lake is frozen. However, using the advice the old and wise Rabbibunny at the desert gave him once, he was able to melt the water at the lake, using the magic flute he achieved after freeing one of the Runic Stones at Proxima Island. Once the lake unfroze, Twinsen took out his now-empty flask, which once contained cherry syrup, and filled it with Clear Water.
The water came to real use only afterwards. At his visit to the Teleportation Centre, Twinsen eventually reached a dead end, at the room of the third Runic Stone. Knowing that the stone is indestructible, Twinsen poured some Clear Water at it, then quickly made his way out of the building. A few seconds later, the building has exploded completely, leaving behind only ruins, as well as the Runic Stone. Also, this explosion has revealed the secret access to the Construction Zone, at which Twinsen was just about to end his first adventure.

[trivia]

Nearing the end of his adventure, when coming back to Principal Island, Twinsen poured the remaining water into the Water Tower tank. In reward for improving the taste of the water, he has received three clover leaves from Joe the Elf.
At the end of this adventure, Twinsen found no use of the vial any more. Therefore, he contributed the now-empty flask to Miss Bloop's private museum, which contained some more items that symbolized his first adventure.

[related]

Clear Water Lake
Bottle of syrup
Teleportation Centre
Magic flute
Miss Bloop's Private Museum

[authors]

morshem
Old 2004-04-07, 10:47
Will clones appear again?

Hegesippe the ancestor

[official]
Twinsen's last ancestor, who had the golden key.

Quotes:
One of the notes at Twinsen's former house (the cave):
"The last to have it was Hegesippe, ..."

[fan]
The key was held from generation to generation, and last to have it (before Twinsen) as Hegesippe, the ancestor. But then, he was attacked by the evil pirate LeBorgne, who took the key to Proxima Island.

[role]
Lost the key, so Twinsen found it.

[related]
Citadel Island
LeBorgne
The golden key
Sendell's Medallion
The Heir
Horn of Gawley

[authors]
lbaguy3d

The LBA Trio: N-SoftInd, lbaguy3d (yes, that's me), and O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-04-14, 08:27

Heh, I don't think we even have him in the database .

I'll add him to the database ASAP, thanks a lot for the article .
Old 2004-04-21, 10:16
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Johnny Rocket

[official]
The leader of the Zeelichian dissitends (people, who are agains the Emperor).

Quotes:
Twinsen: "I'm looking for a mr. Johnny Rocket."
Johnny Rocket: "Shhhh! Are you mad!..."
The old sup lady: "It's right there... in his armchair."

[fan]
He's the leader of, what are called, the Dissidents of Zeelich, who are the people, who are agains the Emperor. They help Twinsen to get to Island CX, but before Twinsen gets to them, he must get the Dissident's ring from the Mr. Johnny Rocket.

[role]
He gives Twinsen the ring of the dissidents.

[related]
Otringal
Otringal Upper-City
Rick the sup
The dissident's ring
The Emperor
Dark Monk
FunFrock
The Emerald Moon base
Island CX
The dissidents

[authors]
O_Brasileiro
Old 2004-04-21, 13:18

Sorry, but this article was already written - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~bkarel/lba/index.php?id=244

But don't worry, I'll add a bit of what you wrote ASAP
Old 2004-05-06, 06:40

Principal Island - Old Burg: Stable

[official]

Horse:

Quote:
Good day, young quetch.
Quote:
One of my colleagues was galloping at full speed across the White Leaf Desert and he said that he saw someone locked up in a grotto, behind a giant symbol of some kind.
[fan]

Facing the southern coast of Prinicipal Island is the stable. This elongated building is rather remarkable in different ways. The first being that it is the largest single structure within the Old Burg. It is nearly twice the size of any other locale (besides the Astronomers home). Additionally, it sits snuggly between the second and third tiers of the city (assuming the ground is the first tier). Outside of the obvious purpose of holding horses, it is not known if this building has ever served other uses.

[role]

The stables did not play an intregal role in Twinsen's adventure. In fact, the only benefits he ever received from here were discarded life candies, magic powder, and an occasional clue from the resident horse.

[trivia]

Strangely enough, the horse receives a message from his colleague in the White Leaf Desert without ever leaving the stables. Additionally, no one can talk to animals besides Twinsen. It is a wonder how this message reached the horse when it is apparent that neither made the effort to visit the other in person.

[related]

Horse
Grotto in White Leaf Desert
Joe the Elf

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-05-06, 07:02

Principal Island - Old Burg: Tavern

[official]

Unknown:

Quote:
I know that LeBorgne had some kind of a captain's log written for him (he was practically illiterate), and the boss of the tavern on Principal Island knows where it is!
Quote:
Go to the tavern, they love pirate stories there!
Quote:
Go try at the Old Burg tavern, and talk to the bar tender.
Tavern Owner:

Quote:
LeBorgne! Since he didn't know how to read, he had his cook write the Captain's log. I know that it is for sale at the bazaar next door.
Drunk Sailor:

Quote:
As I live and breathe, you will never see me drink any tap water in this city, mate. And all you have to do is drink some of it to understand why!
Quote:
They say that the tap water tastes better now. Great! Another publicity stunt from the anti-alcohol foundation.
Bartender:

Quote:
That old pirate is right, the tap water tastes funny. They should be able to improve its quality, and by the way the water tower is located in the North mountains (check your holomap).
[fan]

The Old Burg tavern is quietly tucked away on the city's south-east side. Next door to the bazaar and the stables, the tavern is almost as rich in lore as the library. Many a sailor has dropped anchor here, and so the wait staff hear many different stories and tidbits of information from time to time. Since sailors and the like can get a little rowdy, this establishment is well away from the residencies in the lower Burg.

[role]

While looking for the lost log of Captain LeBorgne, Twinsen's winds steered him to this backwater tavern in the Old Burg. Here he found a washed up sailor and a knowledgable tavern owner. The sphero informed Twinsen of the whereabouts of the Captain's log.

[related]

Watertower
Bazaar
Captain LeBorgne's Log

Old 2004-05-06, 07:03

Those were for you, morshem, since you said you missed my articles.

Old 2004-05-06, 09:09

I love you!
Old 2004-05-07, 04:51

Proxima Island - Proxim-city: Bazaar

[official]

Bazaar Owner:

Quote:
Gas for 10 voyages costs 30 Kashes.
Quote:
15 hearts of life powder will cost you 30 Kashes.
Quote:
10 flasks of magic powder will cost you 30 Kashes.
Quote:
One meca-pinguin costs 3 Kashes.
[fan]

Neighboring Lanktir's place is the Proxim-city bazaar. This is the normal run-of-the-mill bazaar with meca-penguins, gas, life powder, and magic powder. However, the prices for the powders are slightly inflated, so one would be better off buying elsewhere. Despite the high costs of life and magic, gas is a reasonable 10 kashes.

[role]

The bazaar on Proxima Island served little purpose for Twinsen during his adventures. He stopped by once to purchase some gas, as driving to and from the runic stones took quite a bit of his supply.

[related]

Lanktir's Residence
Gas
Flasks of magic powder
Life candy
Meca-Penguin

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-05-15, 06:31

Last night I dreamt that the admin panel of the Twinsunica is finally available...

Old 2004-05-18, 08:08

That'd be nice to see.

Old 2004-05-18, 09:16

Yeah... I hope wacko fixes that soon...

Last edited by morshem; 2004-05-21 at 14:31.
Old 2004-06-08, 18:48

-sigh- The problem I'm running into is the fact that I don't know what is and what's not written about because the site's not updated. This in turn makes it impossible to write anything new without going through pages and pages of trying to find the topic of choice.

Old 2004-06-10, 11:37

Check the announcement I made in this forum
Old 2004-06-24, 13:13
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Hi...

I don't know much about the Encyclopedia, it's just, in my website I've done a complete description of each single place in LBA2's world with screenshots and "when does Twinsen go there", so, if it can be useful... tell me
adresses :
global description
citadelle
desert
emerald moon
otringal
francos
celebration
mosquibees
wannies
volcano

Note : it's currently in French but translating is no problem... actually I work on it.

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2004-06-24, 13:20

Looks cool, this might be very useful!