Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2016-09-14, 12:51
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Twinsen Do you believe LBA 3 will ever get created?

Do you believe LBA 3 will ever be made for real? And if so when would you expect the final product to come out?

I'm not talking about whether you hope it's made or not. I'm sure we all hope so. But I'm asking if you truly believe that one day this game will become a reality.

woah I just realised my join date is 2005. I was thirteen years old then :P
Old 2016-09-14, 13:55
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
yes. In some form. Somewhen. :P
Old 2016-09-14, 19:08
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Quote:
Originally Posted by haj01 View Post
Do you believe LBA 3 will ever be made for real? And if so when would you expect the final product to come out?

I'm not talking about whether you hope it's made or not. I'm sure we all hope so. But I'm asking if you truly believe that one day this game will become a reality.

woah I just realised my join date is 2005. I was thirteen years old then :P
Time is going by each year. Some people would say each year there's less chance. Some others like me say each year the probability it comes out enhance.

Some stuff have been going on in gaming industry in the past years which made LBA3 impossible to come out. Like at the end of the 90's big industries have bought all the small one. Once time were going we were seeing less adventures game with strong story. It was more a race to see who would come with the biggest game with the best gameplay. It certainly discouraged indie game makers. At a point I was thinking people didn't like stories in game. Now it's coming back.

Then we lived the revolution of indie games which is now really popular. Even indie games nowadays influence big companies. Just check how Resident Evil became a total crappy game. Check the new trailer of the new game, it's plainly awesome. Don't tell me they haven't been influenced by the "Outlast" gamer's hype.

Now there's more tool like Unity and lot's of big potential platform you can use. Back in the days developing LBA3 was also saying developing a new engine. To have talk with Fred, I think he'll have to go through this and develop on a engine that already exists. Now there's no time and no budget to build a brand new engine for LBA3. Once he'll be ok with that, it'll be another step in the good direction.

We also see a lot of LBA stuff coming back with new technologies. GOG, Steam, mobile version, streamers, interviews, remakes. That being said, we can see the title is still selling and going on which is good. Lots of streamers even stream "let's play" of LBA.

I think that it have to come right after 2Dark which is the game Fred is actually working on. It have to come out otherwise Fred will be too old and retired.

Then it'll be MBN who'll fucking do it
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-09-14, 20:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I feel guilty for not paying more attention to 2Dark.
The first few levels were up for play recently for backers and I havnt even tried them.

Quote:
It have to come out otherwise Fred will be too old and retired.
pft, the guy doesnt age.
Old 2016-09-14, 22:11
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
pft, the guy doesnt age.
He does!
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-09-15, 18:22
!!!!!

As the prophecy foretold, LBA3 will be released during an MBN meeting sometime in 2086. I believe Fred's exact words were "I will make LBA3 just before I die".
Old 2016-09-15, 23:02
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
yeah it's gonna come out any moment now, just you wait and see.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.