Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2021-01-18, 16:41
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan View Post
I feel sorry that you seem not to like the end result…

I think the therm “symphonic suite” is confusing it does indicates that it should be performed by a orchestra. With the budget they had I think they only had one day to do all the orchestral bits. If they did all the music tracks the costs wil be very high. I don’t know the exactly costs but there are a lot of people involved to peform all the instruments.

In the kickstarter they only mentioned a orchestra composition on stretch goal 4. As quoted on the website “we will have the opportunity to offer a new symphonic composition with the same special mood and orchestration of the lba music”. It isn’t mentioned that every song will be performed by this orchestra.

Another quote from the website ” This symphonic suite will consist of all themes from the two games”. This is also confusing but cannot be interpreted that this concerns all the existing music tracks.

I did not find other quotes on the kickstarter website that proves all the music tracks should be performed by a orchestra.
Are you serious???

It's literally written EVERYWHERE. Even in its very name, symphonic suite, HELLO???

Let me quote those bits for you:

Quote:
€64,533 pledged of €25,000 goal

808 backers

May 2019 - December 2020

December 2019 to March 2020: delivery of all the products.
(...)
It is the symphonic music composed by Philippe Vachey which adorns the two opuses of Little Big Adventure, with an extraordinary orchestration and quality of writing.
(...)
25 years after the creation of the game, Philippe Vachey finally realizes the project of arranging the music of Little Big Adventure 1 & 2 for an exceptional symphonic suite, in collaboration with the best talents of the symphonic production in Europe!
(...)
Our goal is to make possible a symphonic suite gathering the music of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2, carefully crafted by the composer Philippe Vachey, in a new form and developing different themes as never seen before!
(...)
The original music of the saga Little Big Adventure was already symphonic, with great precision in its orchestration, something very rare for video games of its time. The composer, Philippe Vachey, had nonetheless put many ideas aside and since expressed the desire to work on an unprecedented, complete and ambitious version of his music in the form of a symphonic suite. A new and reformulated odyssey in the most beautiful way for Twinsen and fans around the world.
(...)
This symphonic suite will consist of all themes from the two games, redesigned, arranged and orchestrated by Philippe Vachey and the team of the Scoring Orchestra. A long-term work, which will keep the original spirit of the games while changing the music, the themes and their colors, to new horizons, even new emotions.
(...)
The Scoring Orchestra brings together professional musicians trained to the requirements of film music, adapting to any type of projects, from the most intimate to the most grandiose. Scoring Productions also offers all the skills necessary to complete a screen music project: recording sessions and scores preparation, orchestrations and arrangements services, the best orchestra conductors, and seasoned sound engineers able to provide high quality mixing and mastering.
(...)
We are aware that some prices here seems to be a little bit expensive.
(...)
We don't want to create a low-cost projet.
(...)
Reaching the main goal would be fantastic, but the dream can go even further and we need your help to make it happen! We can create more music, with more musicians, it all depends on you!
(...)
Stretch goal: A new symphonic composition from Philippe Vachey! We will have the opportunity to offer a new symphonic composition, with the same special mood and orchestration of the Little Big Adventure original music!
IT DEFINITELY DID NOT SAY "SYNTHESIZERS" or "KEYBOARDS" TO PLAY LEAD MELODY LINES ANYWHERE, DID YOU SEE THAT
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual

Last edited by Neko; 2021-01-18 at 18:36. Reason: Insult
Old 2021-01-18, 16:50
strange dreamer

Quote:
I think the therm “symphonic suite” is confusing it does indicates that it should be performed by a orchestra.
Let me quote Wikipedia on what is a symphony for you:

Quote:
A symphony is an extended musical composition in Western classical music, most often written by composers for orchestra. Although the term has had many meanings from its origins in the ancient Greek era, by the late 18th century the word had taken on the meaning common today: a work usually consisting of multiple distinct sections or movements, often four, with the first movement in sonata form. Symphonies are almost always scored for an orchestra consisting of a string section (violin, viola, cello, and double bass), brass, woodwind, and percussion instruments which altogether number about 30 to 100 musicians. Symphonies are notated in a musical score, which contains all the instrument parts. Orchestral musicians play from parts which contain just the notated music for their own instrument. Some symphonies also contain vocal parts (e.g., Beethoven's Ninth Symphony).
Old 2021-01-18, 18:32
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
IT DEFINITELY DID NOT SAY "SYNTHESIZERS" or "KEYBOARDS" TO PLAY LEAD MELODY LINES ANYWHERE, DID YOU SEE THAT YOU
Whats your problem? Where just having a normal discussion why would you insult me like that.

If youre not satisfied you should ask for a refund with the company. You can cry here about whats wrong with it but that does not change a thing.

When pre-ordering or funding a kickstarter there are no quarentees what final product you shall get. Thats the risk involved for this kind of projects maybe next time you should not get along the hype train and wait for the final product.

Last edited by Neko; 2021-01-18 at 18:49.
Old 2021-01-18, 18:41
Neko

Keep it friendly people...
Old 2021-01-18, 18:52
Neko

what was the original goal and what were the stretch goals?

I agree with sgk in the sense that we definitely could expect all the themes being symphonic, except for the insults, you can find the examples in his post
Old 2021-01-19, 16:29
strange dreamer

Quote:
Whats your problem? Where just having a normal discussion why would you insult me like that.
I am sorry for that. Keep on enjoying the tunes, man. Cheers.
Old 2021-01-19, 18:39
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I am sorry for that. Keep on enjoying the tunes, man. Cheers.
Its ok mate!

Think where all here because of our love and passion for the LBA games lets just respect that.

Im looking forward for the Temple of bu treasures next month!
Old 2021-01-19, 22:13
Polly parrot

Quote:
IT DEFINITELY DID NOT SAY "SYNTHESIZERS" or "KEYBOARDS" TO PLAY LEAD MELODY LINES ANYWHERE, DID YOU SEE THAT

To be frank, I found Funky Town Laps (or am I missing something ? Why is the A capital ?) interesting. Not to say it's outstandingly good, but he doesn't really try to be faithful with the original, he's just building something else with older material, making it sound both familiar and new. I like that approach !

Other than that, it of course suffer from the same sound quality problem as all the other tracks
Old 2021-01-20, 21:18
LBA fan

To be honest I didn't like the symphonic versions very much, but I'm happy to have the OST in physical media and the other stuff that will come with it. It's the first piece of LBA merchandise I'll own other than the game itself.
Old 2021-01-20, 22:06
Polly parrot

I have an old edge magazine with an extensive article about LBA1 for that
Old 2021-01-21, 14:45
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
To be honest I didn't like the symphonic versions very much, but I'm happy to have the OST in physical media and the other stuff that will come with it. It's the first piece of LBA merchandise I'll own other than the game itself.
We did offer you that "MBN T-shirt" to you several times though, it was you who refused the offer

A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2021-01-21, 15:59
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
give it to me, I'll happily take it
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2021-01-21, 17:33
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
give it to me, I'll happily take it
I would gladly give it to you, yes.. hm.. no idea where it is right now, probably in my parents home. That was so long ago! 2006. Good times.
Old 2021-01-21, 18:23
Twinsunian Quetch

Haha so cool! It is my favorite forum ever, I officially joined MBN in 2005, but I was lurking around ever since 2001 it was the first forum that I ever joined, back when the website's main theme was that brown-ish HTML thing (maybe elmuerte still has some screenshots lol) Back then I didn't even know how the download button worked, it was some magic making data appear on my HDD without coming from my CD-ROM or Floppy Disk
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2021-01-21, 18:58
strange dreamer

Quote:
Haha so cool! It is my favorite forum ever, I officially joined MBN in 2005, but I was lurking around ever since 2001 it was the first forum that I ever joined, back when the website's main theme was that brown-ish HTML thing (maybe elmuerte still has some screenshots lol) Back then I didn't even know how the download button worked, it was some magic making data appear on my HDD without coming from my CD-ROM or Floppy Disk
Different times for sure...
Old 2021-01-21, 21:56
Neko

Only insidetheweb is the sign of true mbn seniorship, sorry
Old 2021-01-21, 22:32
LBA fan

Quote:
We did offer you that "MBN T-shirt" to you several times though, it was you who refused the offer

Hehe I should have accepted it!
Old 2021-01-22, 15:44
inharmonic explorer

Yes, this forum is something special! It was also the first forum I ever joined. Join date:
2000-11-05 :-O
(Is there something psychologically suspect with you if you're still hanging around spaces in cyberspace you used to frequent when you were 12!? And gosh were my old posts embarrassing. But it seems I'm no less weird...)
Old 2021-01-22, 15:46
Neko

you once remixed my tune "not today" (crap piano tune) and turned it into unrecognizable white noise

yeah...

otoh: I really was a teen, acting like a teen here
Old 2021-01-22, 16:26
Neko

Quote:
Its ok mate!

Think where all here because of our love and passion for the LBA games lets just respect that.

Im looking forward for the Temple of bu treasures next month!
by any chance do you do miyago do?
Old 2021-01-22, 17:09
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
you once remixed my tune "not today" (crap piano tune) and turned it into unrecognizable white noise

yeah...

otoh: I really was a teen, acting like a teen here
Oh gosh. Scarily I literally have no memory of that.

Is that why you've never listened to my music since? I don't just do white noise - this one composed for a short animation for example is very friendly, and totally inspired by the LBA and LBA2 soundtracks (hence why I'm posting it here...hahaha) -

https://soundcloud.com/robert-logan/ending-scene

Last edited by CS2x; 2021-01-23 at 05:58.
Old 2021-01-22, 18:44
Neko

See fanmusic
Old 2021-01-22, 18:52
Twinsunian Quetch

Guys, let's get back on topic so, do we know when the "goodies" will be delivered? I mean music box, Vinyl, CD, etc.. Until now I only received Sendell's Medallion.
Old 2021-01-23, 13:36
LBA fan

Quote:
Guys, let's get back on topic so, do we know when the "goodies" will be delivered? I mean music box, Vinyl, CD, etc.. Until now I only received Sendell's Medallion.

They sent me an e-mail asking me for an updated shipping address, so I think they will be shipping soon.
Old 2021-01-23, 13:50
Twinsunian Quetch

Hmm I got one too but a long time ago.. when was yours?