Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2021-02-03, 19:06
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hin View Post
My problem here, SGK, is that some people shared with you some elements of information, or ideas, that you simply ignore
(https://forum.magicball.net/showpost...3&postcount=66
https://forum.magicball.net/showpost...1&postcount=85 for example)
which, I think you would agree, is not even your own policy.
Btw, as for the first link, that was already replied in the long posts I've mentioned earlier, as for the second link, well that's just some random person's x-rays which we know nothing about and what does it matter in this discussion? ok, some people are sick, alright, granted, but, so what? what is there for me to reply regarding that? nothing. I am not denying the virus existence.
Old 2021-02-03, 19:28
strange dreamer

Quote:
Well, actually I read this thread from the first page, read all your (very) long posts and click most of your links. Don't tell me what I did bother or not, please

Concerning the 'seed', well sorry but it didn't grow in my garden. Still trying to plant seeds of my own (like fact-checking), but it seems you're not interested in buying...
Hm. Don't tell me what I did fact-check or not, please

If you indeed read what I wrote, then you'd know that I defend no-lockdowns because I think we could be dealing with the virus differently (detailed how in those posts). I think countries can survive and do pretty well. If Sweden didn't exist at all or were forced to lockdown since the beginning, would we even know how the other way goes, and have data to compare? Understand? So, of course I am not advocating no-lockdowns so that everyone dies... and then you say things like "the dead don't get rich" which seems like mockery. A happier and wealthier population with strong immune systems can combat more effectively any disease than a panicked, fearful, starving, jobless, ever growing poorer population, so many of them queuing at food banks to even get by (suppose you're aware that is happening). For me this seems only logical and sensible, but yeah, go ahead and stay at home for another whole year hiding under the blanket and injecting experimental drugs on you and your family.
Old 2021-02-03, 19:38
Neko

I think we are discussing too many things here at random, which makes it a difficult discussion.
We could create two new threads if we really wish to go further. For example one, and only one so called conspiracy theory. For example, that it somehow is all a plot of bill gates. and the other would be how to handle the lockdown.

That is, if there are any takers of people who think Bill Gates is somehow purposefully poisining people with his vaccines. Could also take the dead/alive nurse. But best would be to focus on one subject, and not 100 or so theories and topics, which we seem to have gotten ourselves in (probably my fault)
Old 2021-02-03, 19:49
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I think we are discussing too many things here at random, which makes it a difficult discussion.
We could create two new threads if we really wish to go further. For example one, and only one so called conspiracy theory. For example, that it somehow is all a plot of bill gates. and the other would be how to handle the lockdown.

That is, if there are any takers of people who think Bill Gates is somehow purposefully poisining people with his vaccines. Could also take the dead/alive nurse. But best would be to focus on one subject, and not 100 or so theories and topics, which we seem to have gotten ourselves in
Nah. Probably not... unless you guys want to. As for me, I might reply to one or another here and there, but that's about it. Won't hang around here often.
Quote:
(probably my fault)
It was I wasnt gonna include gates into this madness discussion, but since you asked me specifically about it then I (hopefully) gave the proper reply.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2021-02-03, 19:50
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
as for the second link, well that's just some random person's x-rays which we know nothing about and what does it matter in this discussion?
That's... What johnnybrubacker sees when he X-rays COVID patients... It kind of matters if we're debating its effects on health...
Old 2021-02-03, 19:52
Neko

I didn't think Roy trivialized the health effects of covid, but after so long, I am getting a bit lost what the original point was.
Old 2021-02-03, 19:59
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
It seems that since a. China is the place where it all started b. they were the first ones to come out of it and recover into a normal life and c. every other country is economically ruined while China's economy grows, that they are behind it all to a. assert their dominance as the most powerful country of the world, b. show that communism is the way to go and c. that 'capitalism' doesn't work and is fragile (after the sustained imposed lockdowns in the Western society ruined its economy).
It does seem to me like you're advocating that lockdowns are the origin of the ruin of the economy.
Aside your point about China which is biased (all Asian countries have far much experience in dealing with pandemics than Western countries), lockdowns are just a necessary measure not to overflow the hospitals limits.

I don't think anybody is saying that lockdowns are the only measure that can prevent a pandemic, that's been shown everywhere around the world.
It's just the most efficient measure when the virus is out of control, which is what happened in western countries because they were not prepared.
Even China had to resort to (much stricter) lockdowns when needed.
It didn't ruin their economy because their lockdowns were efficient enough to be short, that's all.

What's ruining the economy is letting the virus run its course (like in the US for example).
Lockdowns are actually good for the economy in that they (should) prevent the virus from spreading. The fact that they have to be enforced longer is due to people who don't respect the rules. Longer lockdowns are just a synonym of an active virus. But we should not get 'lockdowns ruin the economy' and 'pandemics ruin the economy' mixed up.

Do you agree with me on these points?
Old 2021-02-03, 20:02
strange dreamer

Quote:
I didn't think Roy trivialized the health effects of covid, but after so long, I am getting a bit lost what the original point was.
Yeah and we're mostly going in circles as well.

For anyone just arriving at this thread and anyone who is lost, my points are all here:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Plus the supporting material:

Texts & Video

That's the seed.

Peace and love to y'all.

A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2021-02-05 at 17:47.
Old 2021-02-03, 20:11
strange dreamer

Quote:
It does seem to me like you're advocating that lockdowns are the origin of the ruin of the economy.
Aside your point about China which is biased (all Asian countries have far much experience in dealing with pandemics than Western countries), lockdowns are just a necessary measure not to overflow the hospitals limits.

I don't think anybody is saying that lockdowns are the only measure that can prevent a pandemic, that's been shown everywhere around the world.
It's just the most efficient measure when the virus is out of control, which is what happened in western countries because they were not prepared.
Even China had to resort to (much stricter) lockdowns when needed.
It didn't ruin their economy because their lockdowns were efficient enough to be short, that's all.

What's ruining the economy is letting the virus run its course (like in the US for example).
Lockdowns are actually good for the economy in that they (should) prevent the virus from spreading. The fact that they have to be enforced longer is due to people who don't respect the rules. Longer lockdowns are just a synonym of an active virus. But we should not get 'lockdowns ruin the economy' and 'pandemics ruin the economy' mixed up.

Do you agree with me on these points?
I do not. I have posted a few minutes ago what my stance is on lockdowns...
Old 2021-02-03, 20:21
strange dreamer

Quote:
The fact that they have to be enforced longer is due to people who don't respect the rules.
Hm hm... lines in perfectly with the whole totalitarian agenda I've been speaking of...
Old 2021-02-03, 21:21
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Well, actually I read this thread from the first page, read all your (very) long posts and click most of your links. Don't tell me what I did bother or not, please

Concerning the 'seed', well sorry but it didn't grow in my garden. Still trying to plant seeds of my own (like fact-checking), but it seems you're not interested in buying...
i don't think he's convinced a single person here of his crackpot theories so i'm not really sure what seed he's talking about
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2021-02-03, 21:39
Polly parrot

In every new post SGK writes, he seems less and less coherent... Or am I the only one not following at all what he's talking about ? Where did this seed symbolism come from ?

edit : Oh no, I just listened to that link that sometimes pops in in his signature... I thought it was just a song he liked...
Old 2021-02-04, 14:59
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I'm not sure this post will be useful since you say you don't want to debate:
Quote:
I am but a messenger. I am not here to debate, per se, and will avoid it. I welcome different views, but not a heated debate.
But I think it's too easy to share your ideas and then refuse to listen to the ideas of others. That's not what democracy is about.

So I will try to answer some of your points here, in a foolish attempt to share my own "truth".

Quote:
I think human lifes involve a lot more than numbers, statistics and math predictions focused on exponentials. Are you seeing anything beyond that?
Well, we have to speak about numbers, otherwise you will be afraid of walking in the streets
You have a higher chance of dying chocking on an apple than getting a strong side-effect when getting vaccinated
For example, following the calculations in this article https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-risks...ion/a-56136620, it seems an elderly has a 1 in 50,000 chances of getting a severe side-effect instead of a 20% chance of dying if infected by covid.
From https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ing-in-the-us/, you can see that you have a 1 in 2,696 chances of dying chocking on food.
I don't think you'll stop eating food though, right?

Quote:
Do you take the time to look for accounts of people who [...] had severe side effects by the new vaccine, unexplainable by doctors, irreversible by known medicine, and which the vaccine manufactures hold no liability to? did you know you cannot even sue them for getting paralytic or having bodily disorders? or you turn a blind eye to all of that, because they are probably "shady instagram accounts" as reek put it? do you not see that this is the ONLY way to spread the word about things happening to them? that they are human beings, just like me and you? if such happened to you, wouldn't you try to share and spread it far and wide on social media and anywhere that you could as to warn others of its dangers?
That's indeed a big problem of vaccination. A guy perfectly healthy doesn't have much of an individual incentive to get vaccinated if presented with the odds of getting a side effect from it.
But
1) you're talking about "severe side effects, unexplainable by doctors", while nobody is hiding the facts: they ARE side effects, even though the cases are very rare, and all cases of side effects that we have seen for now are (by definition) short-term (nobody's got vaccinated against covid 10 years ago, I think ). We actually don't know what the long-term effects are. For now, we haven't seen any.
But, again, nobody is hiding anything on the subject. If you go get vaccinated, you have been warned, and you're taking the shot while signing their contract, you're taking the responsibility of what could happen to you. Even though I agree it would be better if the labs would be responsible, and not us, I think you can't deny that we are aware of the risks (so small as they are haha).

2) you're completely ignoring the main goal of vaccines. Vaccines are supposed to give you a better chance at fighting the virus, sure, but as you said, there are side effects.
But the main beneft of vaccines reside in their effect on the whole society. Even though the vaccine could prove to be damaging individuals, they're good for others.
I would personally take a little risk for me if the benefits for others is stronger. And this is the case, here. If something were to happen to me, I would not "try to share and spread it far and wide" to "warn others of its dangers" because I knew the risks.

Quote:
Flat Earth is utter bullshit. It was planted by the CIA
Quote:
Have you noticed it is 911 which is the same american number for emergency? Nothing is a coincidence. The way corona adds up to 666, and its connection to a symbolic mark of the beast of the bible. This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state.
Ok haha that's really just total randomness called "a coincidence".
I think you need to look at this website: https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Quote:
I call common sense to do any approach within B, all of which is resumed in one word: questioning.
All good with me, but please find the answers too

Quote:
We can conclude lockdowns were not an efficient solution. Rather, destructive in so many ways, psychologically (suicides, child abuse, child hunger for poor families who relied on school meals, domestic violence, unable to pay bills or going bankrupt, the poor class becoming poorer, so on and so forth)
This, we agree on. Lockdowns created social drama everywhere (no-lockdown would be even worse, still). I don't agree on the economy though.

Quote:
Hospitals are in many ways killing (directly or indirectly, knowing or unknowingly) instead of saving, as this source shows
That just sounds so ungrateful for people who dedicated their life to save people... Doctors are still human, they can make mistakes but, come on, don't you think they're better for society than us commenting about them on a forum about a 25+ yo video game?
The system is far from perfect indeed, I think everybody would agree that capitalism is showing its failures in this regard. Trying to financially "optimize" hospitals can't be good
But please don't blame the hospital staff.

Quote:
Take your vitamins C and D. Lots of Sun. Freshest air possible.
On that I agree too, it's perfectly healthy to get vitamin D, it's indeed raising your defences.
Now that's not going to help you NOT getting infected, of course

Quote:
With ever stricter lockdowns and violence for disobeying. All of science's estimates fell flat as we can, as anybody can, see that nothing is yet back to normal despite everyone following those impositions.
Err... science fell flat? Scientists have warned us from the start that this pandemic was going to last years, and that second, third, and other wave were inevitable.
An example of such an article https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-02668318/document (last column in Fig 5 p. 28 for the relevant plot) showing a second wave, depending on the introduction of lockdowns (blue), distancing measures (green), or nothing (red).
I blame here the governments for not listening to them.
The later you take measures, the longer they have to be applied. https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...r-it-will-last
Again, you're blending the system into "one" conspiracy but the world is diverse. People don't agree, and that's what went bad: we needed to act quickly, and democracies are unfortunately pretty slow to react. It's the same problem with global warming, we're too slow to react :/
I wouldn't want to live in an authoritarian regime, still I think democracies just need to find a way to act faster as united nations.

Quote:
PCR tests have always been a bullshit[/URL], even its very creator (who was murdered just a year before corona took the world unexpectedly and PCRs would be used for testing) stated it was never meant to identify viruses (look it up), so, even if its a law does anybody pay attention?
I don't expect that we would get tests that are 100% reliable. Science isn't perfect, it's always evolving. Studies on PCR: https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/20...bm-2020-111511 But be my guest, if you think you can provide a test that does better, please do

Quote:
It is up to each and every one of you to 1) feel interested or not 2) evaluate its realness / plausibility / veracity 3) change your views by your own observations. 4) Act!
I think we have fairly evaluated the realness of the clues you present.
And I personally am Acting by writing this long (useless?) post, trying to convey a message to you that will probably be ignored.
But well, I tried
Old 2021-02-04, 18:26
strange dreamer

Fine.

Since you seem to be able to reason and provide some fair counterarguments, unlike some people here whose existence is a joke, I will try to tackle most of your points, succinctly:

Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying that there is an underground of people creating fake news.
It's pretty easy to create fake news, you juste have to be ignorant about a subject and propagate your ideas before fact-checking them.
(...)
Once you're part of a chain of misinformation, it's easy to stay closed to outside sources. You will only read or see information which confirms your beliefs.
I don't think so. While some people may be willing to re-create a content they found in a documentary or independent production into a "meme" format, the original information has to come, originally, from one source, the root source of that information, the actual whistle-blowing, anonymous or non-anonymous report. Due to its very nature, most of it not up for fact checking, because it obviously won't be reported in the media, and other times if you have the original source at hands then it is purely factual, there is no fact-checking if you have the indisputable evidence at hand. You can, however, cross check to see if you find other sources with similar information which are not connected to that original source, and thus you find patterns; with enough patterns you can pretty much form a consensus on the idea. And like I said, gut feelings are your radar in this territory.

Quote:
Even though you know about this, it's very hard to change your habits. I'm trying to change sometimes of sources, read other media, etc, but I'm also highly influenced by the ones I read the most. I think that's normal human behavior.

Unfortunately, at the age of the Internet, where everyone can share their ideas, a lot of untrustworthy content is produced, and the more shocking it is, the more it will be shared over the social media. Again, it doesn't make them true.
I think it's important to say here there is no such thing as a "conspiracy theorist". There are a gazillion theories, and they are just that, observations from life which came from constant observations of connected facts and which draws certain conclusion(s). There are theories about everything, from our planet, to sustainability issues, politics, science, terrorism, tragic events, etc. Some people will find some of them reasonable and others to be bullshit. And that's normal, since, this content is produced by the people for the people. It is not one giant hive mind which you either accept in totality or discredit entirely.

Much like different scientists provide their theories first, which are just that, theories to be accepted by the scientific community, and then, after peer review it becomes a consensus which the media can pick up and say "science confirms this and that...". The same applies to conspiracy theories, except there is no centralized community to form a consensus, that's up to each individual and information is scattered which must be collected at one's own will and the bad material also to be discarded at one's own discretion.

Quote:
Finally, as people noticed before, you're all in for free speech and you're blocking people?
They had their chance to talk with me and wasted it with a toxic behavior, and my freewill allows me to reject that. I am not blocking their free speech, they can still post and talk with everyone else here. I didn't go to moderators or admins to silence them. I am simply no longer interested in hearing what they have to say.

Quote:
But I think it's too easy to share your ideas and then refuse to listen to the ideas of others.
I am not refusing. 1st, because I already know what the majority's ideas are, because its being broadcast 24hrs on the news and you hear it from pretty much anyone you talk with outside of this "dissidents" circle which I transit in. So I already know your arguments very, very well. When I say I am planting a seed, I am planting a seed for a different flow of ideas. For the mainstream ideas, no seeds are needed since its already plastered everywhere. 2nd, I am not interested in sharing ideas with anyone who is obsessed with debunking me or to attempt to put me into ridicule. However, if you are willing to have a respectful conversation or to know more about my ideas, that's a different story.

Quote:
You have a higher chance of dying chocking on an apple than getting a strong side-effect when getting vaccinated
For example, following the calculations in this article https://www.dw.com/en/covid-19-risks...ion/a-56136620, it seems an elderly has a 1 in 50,000 chances of getting a severe side-effect instead of a 20% chance of dying if infected by covid.
From https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ing-in-the-us/, you can see that you have a 1 in 2,696 chances of dying chocking on food.
I don't think you'll stop eating food though, right?
At this point, I think you should know that numbers lie. Statistics are made up on studies, and who decides how many such studies are necessary or how these studies should to be conducted, and who is to say those decisions are unbiased? The person who did the 'chances of dying choking on food', maybe he was a lot more diligent on it with a different spectrum of the population which got to those results than the ones about such a delicate and controversial matter as vaccines (who also $pon$or their own studies). Just saying. I am not gonna spend my time investigating this particular example of the food chocking. But one thing is certain here: statistics are made on verifiable reports, and more often than not it will be denied that certain side-effect was actually due to a vaccine. Most people are denied that, and they are accused of "making false claims" and that they were already going to develop those problems anyway and it was not due to the vaccine. You have to understand you are in a system rigged to protect itself. Big pharma being exempt from any responsibility is only one of such signs, and the most atrociously shocking one. Furthermore, this new mRNA vaccine is something entirely new, for which side effects are still being discovered - and believe me in 50 years a lot discoveries will come. Do you want to be a human guinea pig?

Quote:
you're talking about "severe side effects, unexplainable by doctors", while nobody is hiding the facts
Oh yes. Oh yes they are. They are doing an insane job at hiding it. Only a few surface cases goes to the media. If only you'd seem how many uploads of people reporting side effects were deleted or censored... or how nasty and irreversible those effects can be... then you'd definitely reconsider what you are saying. Then again, if you never looked for it, you won't find.

Quote:
you're completely ignoring the main goal of vaccines. Vaccines are supposed to give you a better chance at fighting the virus
And you are completely ignoring that there are other solutions. This isn't the only way. We are led to believe this is the only way: lockdowns, masks, sanitizers. It is not. There is another path. Humans have lived with viruses ever since the dawn of time, and there is more to medicine than allopathic medicine. There are alternate paths, much less dangerous and destructive.

Quote:
the main beneft of vaccines reside in their effect on the whole society
I think this may be disputable, and I am not 100% of this, so don't take it as part of my other viewpoints, but here goes: maybe the whole "let's try to contain the spread" is madness and an impossible task, ever thought of it? see, instead, let it spread - aren't most of us asymptomatic, that is, already immune? then let the herd immunity work its magic. Why do you need a vaccine to create herd immunity if it is said that pretty much everyone is infected which is why everyone needs to wear masks, even the healthy ones with no symptoms? sure, the vaccine is meant to prevent it to reach a severe state for those showing symptoms, and will probably save lifes of those compromised, but if you are in the risk group, then they are the ones who should isolate and take care of themselves and strengthen their immunity to fully recover (preferably with alternative medicine) until they are strong enough to be part of the herd immunity.

Quote:
If something were to happen to me, I would not "try to share and spread it far and wide" to "warn others of its dangers" because I knew the risks.
You can only only know the risks at the time of your vaccination because of those people who were guinea pigs before you and who have warned others.

Quote:
Way too many coincidences eventually become a theory by those who observe them. Some call them conspiracies.

Quote:
All good with me, but please find the answers too
? I am providing several answers here, I am actually the only one here to 1. propose the questions (because everyone seems fine the way things are) 2. find the alternative answers. What most of the rest of the members here are doing is just hammer me down, the one nail sticking out of conformity. I don't get what else would you expect from me.

Quote:
This, we agree on. Lockdowns created social drama everywhere (no-lockdown would be even worse, still). I don't agree on the economy though.
You think suicides and domestic violence are drama? hmm, why do I feel like not continuing this conversation with you any further...

As for economy, if you cannot see the world falling apart all around you (just look for news about this -- I don't even need put links here because its everywhere, even in mainstream media), if you cannot feel the poverty and despair growing in the streets everywhere around the world as shops and businesses close forever, I guess you will only feel it when it reaches you, and your pockets are empty and your stomach hungry.

Quote:
But please don't blame the hospital staff.
I am not blaming, I am questioning the reports from nurses and doctors and what is being exposed in those reports. They are real, they exist, and they demand explanations in itself. You need to give answers to that, not turn the game around on me. This "be nice to them" sermon is pretty vacant.

Quote:
Now that's not going to help you NOT getting infected, of course
Look for terrain theory vs germ theory. It's about health (as in vitality) & survival, not from a constant fear of escaping an infection.

Quote:
Scientists have warned us from the start that this pandemic was going to last years, and that second, third, and other wave were inevitable. An example of such an article (...)
'Inevitable'...

The article was interesting, but again, takes only the dominant view in it. And how is it a mere 'corona virus variation that came from a wuhan market in China' is now making waves across the globe for years to come? whereas coronaviruses have always existed, chinese have always had nasty habits and nasty markets, and mankind pretty much evolved and existed with these same animal species since the dawn of time? but now, coincidentally, at the start of the round year of 2020 fitting with the agenda 2030 to shift mankind into a new world order during this 10 years period, when we finally have enough surveillance tech to install a totalitarian world, when in Event 201 they have planned about a viral pandemic with a coronaviruses exercise just one year before the real thing, then, out of a very strange coincidence a 'deadly' virus elopes into the world, becomes the 24hrs media sensation, one virus that "lasts for years to come" and imposes lockdowns "until every one of us comply" and that is "inevitable", implying we have no other choice but to accept their terms & conditions? hm hm... one more of your total random coincidence of spurious correlations, I guess.

Quote:
depending on the introduction of lockdowns (blue), distancing measures (green), or nothing (red).
Well, I already spoke enough on what I think of lockdowns in previous posts.

Quote:
I don't expect that we would get tests that are 100% reliable. Science isn't perfect, it's always evolving. Studies on PCR: https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/20...bm-2020-111511 But be my guest, if you think you can provide a test that does better, please do
Well, when your life and the life of the entire world is at hand of those results, then it better be reliable. At the very least, they should be transparent about its unreliability and false positives. There are other tests, I have seen about those long time ago in the middle of the pandemic, I can't recall the names now, but it was said to be reliable, cheaper and the results came back sooner and that using PCR was nonsense. I am sorry not to able to answer this one properly, but it really is too much material to sort, new stuff comes out everyday, and I am not sure I have saved that information anywhere.

Quote:
And I personally am Acting by writing this long (useless?) post, trying to convey a message to you that will probably be ignored.
But well, I tried
Thanks for trying and not being a dick on purpose like certain others here.

And like I said, its o-kay to think differently, it's not a debate, it's an exchange of ideas, just different points of view, its nice to know yours just as I have shared mine.
Quote:
Old 2021-02-04, 18:43
Polly parrot

Quote:
I think you need to look at this website: https://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
That's such a great website !
Old 2021-02-04, 18:46
Neko

hen in Event 201 they have planned about a viral pandemic with a coronaviruses exercise just one year before the real thing,

wait, what?
Old 2021-02-04, 18:47
strange dreamer

Quote:
hen in Event 201 they have planned about a viral pandemic with a coronaviruses exercise just one year before the real thing,

wait, what?
Look for it. It's such a realistic 'exercise', that one could almost confuse it with the reality. Also, bonus points because it was sponsored by Gates, no less.
Old 2021-02-04, 20:04
Neko

ah since he also kinda predicted it in 2015, seems to me you can go two ways:

1. he knows his shit, since he has been studying and dealing with global health
2. he knew beforehand.

1. sounds a lot more plausible to me

But exactly one year before it happened, indeed, curious.
Old 2021-02-04, 21:47
Previously Link

Quote:
But exactly one year before it happened, indeed, curious.
How do you define "exactly" in that context? It's not like the pandemic started on a specific day, it started gradually over the course of several months.
Besides, the exercise in question happened in October 2019, which is not one year before the pandemic started, but roughly a month before there were the first news about it.

Then what does it prove? Bill Gates has been hosting several of those events in the past. That's the kind of thing he's been doing since the 2000s.
Old 2021-02-04, 21:53
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
lol, jesse is coming dangerously close to drinking the koolaid

watch out jesse, this is how they get you
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2021-02-04, 22:08
Previously Link

SGK - I started writing a long reply to your essay/post a few days ago, spent way too much time on just the first 2 paragraphs, and then decided to give up.
I don't have enough time for this. It would be all in vain anyway, as you would just ignore the important points of my messages anyway, like you've done so far.

I just can't think of a way to just reach a common language for this exchange of idea you're calling for. Words don't have the same meaning for you as they have for me/us. "Critical thinking" for example, that seems to be a whole different concept for you than it is for me. I'd have to go on a lengthy explanation of how I use half of the words you mention before we could start having a meaningful conversation.

This makes me sad.
Old 2021-02-04, 22:44
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
lol, jesse is coming dangerously close to drinking the koolaid

watch out jesse, this is how they get you

Haha no don't worry. I just want to understand and I think I see it now, how the thought process can be so different. Like mixing up cause and consequence.
Old 2021-02-04, 22:46
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
How do you define "exactly" in that context? It's not like the pandemic started on a specific day, it started gradually over the course of several months.
Besides, the exercise in question happened in October 2019, which is not one year before the pandemic started, but roughly a month before there were the first news about it.

Then what does it prove? Bill Gates has been hosting several of those events in the past. That's the kind of thing he's been doing since the 2000s.
Yeah I mixed the timing up. Oct 2019 was the start of corona
Old 2021-02-05, 00:10
Polly parrot

Quote:
Like mixing up cause and consequence.
Yes, that's something he does extensively
Quote:
Humans have lived with viruses ever since the dawn of time, and there is more to medicine than allopathic medicine. There are alternate paths, much less dangerous and destructive.
... And the average life expectancy was around 25 years old I believe...

My girlfriend studies psychology, she says that the main reason people follow conspiracy theories is a feeling of loss of control. By uncovering some truth, they regain control. She theorizes therefore, that to pull someone out of it, you would need to replace that with something else that makes them feel empowered...
Old 2021-02-05, 02:16
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to johnnybrubacker
Quote:
so...what does that mean? permanent damage?
Sorry I didn't reply to this earlier....

So the x-ray changes are inflammation in the lungs -acute infection. Covid usually has a temporal pattern i.e. there's usually a time defined progress.

https://pubs.rsna.org/cms/10.1148/ra...0843.fig3.jpeg

(I've shared the link as the image resolution is huge and destroys the page layout)

These are CT scans in different stages. So as time passes, you see increasing density (consolidation) in the lungs - meaning infection + associated inflammation.

Although most patients fully recover, some have permanent scarring (fibrosis) of the lungs which is due to
1) the infection itself and associated inflammation
2) if they are on long term ventilation or non invasive ventilation (CPAP) - basically where in order to keep the patient airways open they blow large amounts of high pressure oxygen into the lungs. This invariably causes damage to the lungs.

These patients may suffer from the long covid - shortness of breath long term.

Still seeing a lot of cases on a daily basis.

How it's affected my practice as a doctor:

Yes a lot of other things get called covid as it has similar appearances to other things.

Unfortunately a type of cancer (bronchioalveolar carcinoma in situ) looks a lot like covid so followup imaging is required for patients suspected of cancer.

During the first outbreak, we cancelled a lot of elective outpatient work...including cancer scans as we thought we'd be overwhelmed. Fortunately, we weren't that badly hit. Unfortunately, this included cancelling cancer care.

This time around the infection rate is much worse, including all these stupid variants. However, we've carried out outpatient work as normal and all cancer services in our hospital are continuing. I did a lung biopsy yesterday on a patient suspected with cancer.

There's a lot of covid conspiracy spreaders around here and it's just hurtful - we're working our asses off here and the fact that these people are in lockdown and plain bored/frustrated has given them the licence to go around apparently filming empty hospitals and attacking staff. The hospital I work in was attacked by some guy a few weeks ago and was set on fire. These are difficult times for everyone and I'm glad that atleast I get to go to work but it's just getting tiring now.