Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2021-06-03, 17:43
Magic Level: Red Ball

Funny video: Dead, not dead, no, er, okay, dead.

I was attempting a 1HP run of LBA1. Where you have no lives, and only 1HP and something funny happened.

Just a heads up, there's lots of videos dropping on the LBA youtube channel on Saturday. All the LBA Memories videos are dropping which are really cool. If anybody would like to record and submit a Memories video 'My first memories of LBA and what LBA means to me' then please feel free to and we can add those too. Guide time is 2-5 minutes but we've had longer ones and that's perfectly fine. There's a couple of other videos dropping on Saturday as well including the latest promo video of Rob's LBA movie (Already available on his channel), as well as a video of an LBA2 Achievements app that I've created along with a download for it. I'll drop links on Saturday for all of those
Old 2021-06-04, 10:34
Polly parrot

What happens if you get to the Hamalayi with 1hp ? In the cutscene, Twinsen gets hit if I recall well, do you loose health there ?
Old 2021-06-04, 18:02
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
What happens if you get to the Hamalayi with 1hp ? In the cutscene, Twinsen gets hit if I recall well, do you loose health there ?
Mmmh... Well, it's a cutscene, so my guess is you don't?
Old 2021-06-04, 23:11
Polly parrot

It is, but a star still flies off from Twinsen, and I might've checked once, and found that I wasn't full hp anymore after the cutscene, but I'm not sure I remember correctly...
Old 2021-06-05, 09:14

yep you die in the cut scene. You lose 2HP there. The death counter app I was using (written by me), has a toggle switch based on a hotkey that gives Twinsen 10HP when he's about to get a forced hit, then toggles it back to one again.

Other places like dropping in to see the Astronomer or the ladder to the second statue in the temple of Bu are also forced/unavoidable damage.
Old 2021-06-07, 16:45
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
yep you die in the cut scene. You lose 2HP there. The death counter app I was using (written by me), has a toggle switch based on a hotkey that gives Twinsen 10HP when he's about to get a forced hit, then toggles it back to one again.

Other places like dropping in to see the Astronomer or the ladder to the second statue in the temple of Bu are also forced/unavoidable damage.
I never noticed Yeah, this game is definitely old haha, it would be unforgivable today to force the player to lose health in a cutscene
Old 2021-06-08, 01:25
Polly parrot

I belive for some time, it was also a rule for speedruns. As being able to finish a game without taking a hit was considered an implicit axiom of game design.
Old 2021-06-09, 08:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post

I wouldn't recommend trying to complete LBA1 without taking a single hit, it'd be virtually impossible. Totally cool if anybody managed it though.