Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2016-01-25, 16:12
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Little Big Adventure DEV Version

For this interested in Dev version of Little Big Adventure:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Little-Big...-/181977762615

One of my friends who know that I do remake shared this link with me :]
Old 2016-01-25, 16:50
Neko

what would this dev version contain that is different?
Old 2016-01-25, 18:20
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Probably more bugs and maybe some developments stuff in game :]
Old 2016-01-26, 00:17
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Maybe it's the beta 1996 version that Obrasilo (now Battler) knew quite a bit about ... anyway, 5000???? da' heeeeillll
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2016-01-26, 00:46
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
O_o
I must admit a little skeptical.
Although EAs logo clearly is printed on the CDR, so if its fake a fair bit of effort was spent.
Old 2016-01-27, 00:03
Polly parrot

5000 ? You what ? There are hardcore fans but I have doubts...
+20 of postage what

I'll propose him 20, maybe he'll accept

Else we could try a group buying, then upload the disc...

edit : he qualified 20 as "way too low"
He also said that the price was just to attract people, as a high price has more visibility...

Last edited by Polaris; 2016-01-27 at 00:16.
Old 2016-01-27, 18:53
Look beyond reality.

I wonder if he could tell us anything about what makes this a rare gem dev version.
Old 2016-01-31, 14:52
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
it says the sale has ended ... did he just take it down or did someone actually buy it? o.O
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2016-01-31, 20:32
Polly parrot

It arrived at the end without anyone buying it.
I wrote him another message asking for more details about the cd itself, he said that he tested it to see if it works, but didn't played the game through, so he doesn't know if there are any differencies between this and the final version...
Old 2016-01-31, 20:48
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
Maybe it's the beta 1996 version that Obrasilo (now Battler) knew quite a bit about ... anyway, 5000???? da' heeeeillll
That'd be LBA 2, while this sale is of a LBA 1 development version. Let's remember, however, that two development versions of LBA 1 from August 1994 are leaked, and this has a high chance of being one of them. Probably EA sent it on CD's to major OEM's to promote the game.
Old 2016-01-31, 22:38
Polly parrot

Do you know something about these leaked development versions ? In what aspect are they different from the final game ?
Old 2016-02-01, 01:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Polaris: I think one or even both might be downloadable from the MBN. They only have the first 4 or so scenes, and end with a video are you go from the area outside the Citadel to the first part of Lupin-Burg. They have a main menu background identical to LBA 2 and the ending video is not there in the final game. I think it also displays some texts when starting the game, shortly before the main menu (but I might be wrong), also instead of TEXT.HQR, it has ??_*.DIA and ??_*.ORD, where ?? is one of the three languages (EN, DE, FR), DIA is the actual texts, and ORD is ordinals. The texts are also encrypted but I have figured out the algorithm - just XOR the file, the first byte with 0xCC, second with 0xCD, and so on, after reaching 0xFF, then just wrap to 0x00 and do the cycle again, and repeat every single time you've reached 0xFF.
Old 2016-02-01, 12:12
Polly parrot

Are you refering to the demo version ? This might be it, but the dates are weird... The demo says it was published in the 13th of october, while this CD'sdate starts with a 10 (in france the format is day/month/year).
Old 2016-02-01, 22:37
Welcome to Zirla!

- Polaris: No, I am referring to the two development versions from August 1994, which just so happen to end where the demo ends. They are from August 8th, 1994, and August 16th, 1994. A release candidate was also leaked, from October 14th, 1994 (the full final version is I think from October 22nd, 1994).
Also, there is *another* demo, from November 1994, that has a later .EXE file (it mentions FLA_GIF.HQR, while the October demo and the final CD version both mention FLA_PCX.HQR), and that has LBA.EXE instead of RELENT.EXE, it's not there on the MBN, but I have it somewhere.

The August 8th preview (beta) is here: http://www.magicball.net/downloads/demos , clearly labeled as August 8th. I have the August 16th one somewhere. I might upload both that and the November demo and link them both here. Will not link here the release candidate as that's a full version of the game.

Edit: While Adeline is indeed French, Electronic Arts which this CD comes from, is American, so they might have written the date in the American format. So 10/14/1994 is very much a possibility, which would match the leaked release candidate.
Old 2016-02-02, 02:21
Polly parrot

Oh, cool ! This CD isn't worth much to me then...
Say, could you PM me the release candidate though ? I have bought the game about 5 times now
Old 2016-02-10, 23:57
Magic Ball Master

It's easier to ask Fred to give us the old builds, instead of paying for this :P

I would be more interested in development work than actually beta versions of the game.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2016-02-14, 06:36
Welcome to Zirla!

- xesf: I asked him, AFAIK, about the LBA 2 development/preview versions that we have screenshots of, and he didn't even recall they existed. I wish we could get a copy of that version as it has very interesting stuff, such as the LBA 1 ferry, woodbridge that is collapsible instead of a floating wooden slab, different Citadel Island sewers, differences inside the School of Magic, and the different yellow Franco guards on rollerskates, as well as Franco guards with black hats and guns on Otringal.
Old 2016-02-14, 17:06
Look beyond reality.

Do you have screenshots of the stuff you mentioned Battler? Sounds very cool!
Old 2016-02-15, 11:07
Polly parrot

Sounds like someone hasn't checked the screenshot page of the forum
We have a whole sub-category