Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: How well can you prepare food by yourself?
A+ : I'm a gourmet chef. 0 0%
A : Good enough to work in a standard restaurant if I wanted. 1 14.29%
B : I can make most common things, and something special if I feel like it. 3 42.86%
C : Pasta and boiled eggs. That's about it. 3 42.86%
D : Nope. Not my thing. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-10, 18:14
strange dreamer

How well do you COOK?

Hello everyone, so the question is simple and you may as well complete your vote with a comment like: how/where did you learn to cook and what motivated you to do so (did you learn from living by yourself, having a chef in the family , adopted kids to feed , etc.).
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2016-11-11, 11:26
Polly parrot

I don't how to cook, and it saddens me I have the time, really, I just need to find the motivation.
Old 2016-11-12, 16:11
strange dreamer

That's ok, Polly! You got more important things to do like, playing the hurdy.

By the way guys, you can also comment if you follow any special diets or culinary preferences etc. that'd be very interesting.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2016-11-13, 19:50
strange dreamer

Did anyone here know that firefly tarts are real? I'd so want to try a real, zeelichian fire-fly tart made by the good hands of the wannies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
What do you like to cook, Spaceguitarist? Would you call yourself a gourmet chef?
My favorite dish of all (which ended up being one of the first things I really wanted to learn) is a brazillian traditional food, which tastes mostly of corn and sardine, with other stuff that gives it it's particular flavour and texture. It's called Cuzcuz:

I can make other basic stuff (rice, beans, pasta, etc). But I'm far from being a chef (and don't really intend to be one). I suppose in a few months I might be confident enough to cook for a small family without being totally dissapointing or making mistakes in the proportions and quantities, HAHA.

The thing with food is that for me, it is very much like music in a way, it does feel like composing or mixing when I'm experimenting with different peppers and condiments, relative quantities of oil vs water, etc. amount of fried vs cooked, etc. It feels like "dropping the bass or raising the treble", haha. Also, as happens with music, new flavours bring me to unknown places and connects me to subconscious memories I wansn't even aware of, and this is quite a pleasant feeling. I never quite follow any recipes, I really like to invent things, and to feel the balance of things on my own, I believe doing so will greatly speed up the process of acquiring culinary experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cuscuz-paulista-da-vo-dalila-f8-118937.jpg‎
Views:	125
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	10068  
Quote:
Old 2016-11-18, 16:35
strange dreamer

Anyone noticed Twinsen's house doesn't have a kitchen in the second game, whereas he does have one in the first game?

Do people in Twinsun eat at all?

In Zeelich you have firefly tarts. Also drinks at Rick's bar.
In Twinsun you can have a drink at Chez Luc.

And we have several characters who mention being drunk or drinking (alcoholic beverages). Hmm.
Quote:
Old 2016-11-18, 21:20
!!!!!

Well we know they have pizza. (I suddenly have the urge to see Twinsen and FunFrock sitting at a Twinsunian pizza place laughing it all out... maybe after the ending credits of LBA3)
Old 2016-11-19, 23:55
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I make excellent takeaway.
Old 2016-11-20, 01:31
Polly parrot

They have pizza only in their English universe