Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2004-09-07, 09:59
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Lightbulb [thread=] and [article=]

Before fixing the list of related articles and such, I came up with this idea.

How about, instead of having [ url = http://www.cs.vu.nl/~bkarel/lba/index.php?id= etc. ], we will have the tags [article=] and [thread=]?

[article={number}] can be used for articles linking, while [thread={number}] will be used the list of related forum threads.
This can be useful especaially when the server will be changed (we can never know...), and it will be much easier than changing all links in all articles.
Also, this can be much more easy to use when writing new articles; instead of copying and pasting the URL for each item, we can simply use those tags, and manually add the number.

What do you think?
Old 2004-09-07, 11:39
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- morshem: Great idea. It would make modelling the encyclopedia much easier. But... how are you going to implement those tags?
Old 2004-09-07, 12:38

I am not going to do it.
I believe wacko can do it easily though (last year I asked him to add a tag, and in a couple of hours it was ready).
Old 2004-09-07, 12:53
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- morshem: I meant the plural "you" (damn English for these pronouns). How are YOU ALL going to implement those tags?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-09-07 at 12:54. Reason: A spelling mistake...
Old 2004-09-07, 12:56

Yeah, damn English! In Hebrew we have two different words for You singular and You plural!
Old 2004-09-07, 13:06
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: in Portuguese, there are also 2 of them (you singular 2nd person ("tu"), and you plural 2nd person ("vo's" <not used>)), Slovenian has 3 of them ("ti" 2nd/S, and "vi"/"Vi", 2nd/P and 2nd/P/for respect). Portuguese use "o senhor"/"a senhora"/"os senhores"/"as senhoras" for respect.

Last edited by Battler; 2004-09-07 at 13:20. Reason: Wrong grammatical information...
Old 2004-09-07, 13:08

Yeah, Hebrew also has 4:
At - You singular female
Ata - You singular male
Atem - You plural male
Aten - You plural female

OK, if the off-topic continues I'm splitting this thread!
Old 2004-09-07, 13:18
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem:

Italian:
tu - 2nd singular
voi - 2nd plural

Russian:
ty - 2nd singular
vy - 2nd plural

BTW: In the post before, I made a mistake. The 3rd person plural is not "you" even in English (I also edited the post).
Old 2004-09-07, 16:37
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
- morshem: I meant the plural "you" (damn English for these pronouns). How are YOU ALL going to implement those tags?
Something like this:

$text -> text where the tag are including.

$text = preg_replace("/\[article=(.+?)\]/", "<a href=\"http://www.cs.vu.nl/~bkarel/lba/index.php?id=$1\"></a>", $text);

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-09-07, 16:39

I don't even know what language you wrote it in, but I think I understood it more or less .

So, wacko, is it possible?
Old 2004-09-07, 16:40
Magic Ball Master

It's PHP. Same language Twinsunica was made.

Old 2004-09-07, 17:22
Magic Ball Master

I'm not an expert, I know almost nothing

And Talles in portuguese we use Tu and Vós:

personnel pronoun (Portugal, ...):
Eu
Tu
Ele
Nós
Vós
Eles

wrong personnel pronoun (Brazil):
Eu
Você
Ele
Nós
Vocês
Eles

Old 2004-09-07, 19:05
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Tu is used, but Vós not.

Here, I'm quoting an Italian compendium for Portuguese:
Quote:
Il pronome vós *, in tutte le sue forme, non è più usato né in Portugallo né in Brasile; al suo posto si usa la terza persona plurale:

Os senhores podem entrar Potete entrare
Foram ao cinema? Siete stati al cinema?

I pronomi você/vocês anticamente erano forme di cortesia. Oggi in Portogallo e in Brasile non hanno più questa funzone; per darsi del lei/del voi si usa il verbo alla terza persona facendolo spesso precedere da o senhor/a senhora/os senhores/as senhoras:

O senhor é muito amável Potete entrare
Os senhores são muito amáveis Siete stati al cinema?

In portogallo per darsi del tu si usa il verbo alla seconda persona:

És bonita Sei bella

In Brasile, al posto del tu, si usano correntemente i pronomi você/vocês con il verbo alla terza persona:

Você é simpatico Sei simpatico
Vocês são simpaticos Siete simpatici
Got it now?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-09-07 at 19:07. Reason: Correction...
Old 2004-09-07, 19:12
Magic Ball Master

Here we use Vós

But we need now back to topic.

Old 2004-09-07, 19:24
Welcome to Zirla!

- Alexfont: you use Vós in speech only, or also in school?
Old 2004-09-07, 19:32
Magic Ball Master

I don't use it regularly, but can be use in both causes but ins't exactly like when we us Vocês.

Ok, the one I put before maybe isn't the best one for Twinsunica.

Articles: (ex: [article=3]Twinsen[/article])
$text = preg_replace("/\[article=(.+?)\](.+?)\[\/article\]/is", "<a href=\"http://www.cs.vu.nl/~bkarel/lba/index.php?id=$1\">$2</a>", $text);

Threads: (ex: [thread=1500]Bla Bla Bla[ /thread])
$text = preg_replace("/\[threads=(.+?)\](.+?)\[\/threads\]/is", "<a href=\"http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=$1\">$2</a>", $text);

Old 2004-09-13, 00:34
Gee, it's been a while.

In french there are two diffrent forms...
'You singular': Tu
'You plural': Vous, which can also be a respectful 'You Singlular'.
Old 2004-09-13, 00:48
Magic Ball Master

Yes, this is very well possible, I was also going to implent it in the new Twinsunica version (I had the same idea before). The current wacko.free.fr links will also be replaced with those [article=] links to fix them once and for all.

By the way, I got some paid webhosting with domain name recently, so the new Twinsunica will probably be located at twinsunica.waxo.nl.

We [the Dutch] also have a difference between 'single and multiple'-you: jij, jullie.
Old 2004-09-17, 14:10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacko
Yes, this is very well possible, I was also going to implent it in the new Twinsunica version (I had the same idea before). The current wacko.free.fr links will also be replaced with those [article=] links to fix them once and for all.

By the way, I got some paid webhosting with domain name recently, so the new Twinsunica will probably be located at twinsunica.waxo.nl.

We [the Dutch] also have a difference between 'single and multiple'-you: jij, jullie.
I agree to implement those. It would make making Encyclopedia Twinsunica submissions very, very easier.
Old 2004-09-17, 17:50
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Woot. I'm glad to see that there's talk about progressing the project. Brings a warm feeling to my head. Wooboy, I'd better sit down.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2004-09-17, 17:56

Well, thanks for liking my idea everyone
Old 2004-09-19, 20:45
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: De nada.