Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-22, 15:20
weee

MBN Forum 'feature request' - single thread moderators

Dear grim reaper,
Is it possible to give a specific user special privileges in a specific thread?

For example, morshem should be a moderator of Ever-lasting and common threads so he will be able to edit the first post. (it's his thread, why should someone else edit it instead of him?)
If I weren't a global moderator I couldn't have edit my LBA on DOSBox Guide, which is another good example.

Anakin (and maybe some other folks) should be moderators of the MBN meeting thread so they can moderate it freely.

And of course there are some more examples.

Comments?
Old 2006-02-22, 16:15
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I think Darkflame checked on that a few weeks ago, and saw that he had to create user new user groups for that.
Old 2006-02-22, 17:41
Master of Science & Magic

it's not possible by default. it would require a "plugin" for vbulletin
Old 2006-02-22, 18:45
weee

Seems like it could be a very nice plugin to have... (yes ok 'thou shalt not nag' I will shut up now )
Old 2006-02-22, 21:30
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
some londoner(s) should be moderator(s) of the meeting thread, but none of them seem very keen on it.

Anyway, most of those threads dont need special moderating anyway.
Old 2006-02-23, 11:46
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I wonder what I do favor... Monthly signature exhibition? Or diplomatic handling between members?
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2006-02-23, 14:41
Idot

you mean whining on people about stuff that doesnt concern you?
Old 2006-02-23, 15:47
Tomorrow burns!

Well, no. It's all about ending the fight with a fair solution. But it's just a question, though.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend

Last edited by Illumina; 2006-02-23 at 18:59.
Old 2006-02-23, 21:02
Idot

But it always seems like your putting your nose in other peoples business saying stuff like "calm down and dont fight", which doesnt realy inspire anyone to do so, since they probably have a reason to, its not sane keeping everything locked up inside.
Old 2006-02-23, 21:10
Tomorrow burns!

Well, you have a good reason there. I was just thinking of since we had OBrasilo banning a long time ago.
Old 2006-02-23, 21:17
Master of Science & Magic

Closed Thread