Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2010-12-28, 20:12
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via MSN to Aruchi89
RAndom please HELP

Hi, I know this is so off topic but you are actually my only "technologic" friends, I don't know where else i could ask!!! I drop my boyfriend's cell phone in a water puddle, it completely sunk, and now i can't even turn it on!! I am desperate cos the fact is he had a lot of data inside that cellphone and he's been saving for month to buy it. I AM SO GUTTED HELP!!!!!
Old 2010-12-28, 20:20
Magic Level: Fire Ball

If the data is saved on an external memory disk you could remove it and use a computer to save the data if it still works, if the data is inside the phone I can only recommend keeping it drying up in a dry place
Edit: Also take out all the parts that come out I.E battery and some lids so they dry up better
Old 2010-12-29, 03:55
Here.

Try leaving it to dry for a day or two. I had a phone get sand/water in it and stop working for a while. I left it to dry for a day and it was pretty much fine afterwards. If he has contacts saved on his SIM card, you can remove it and put it into any other phone to get the phone numbers etc. If the phone has a memory card (something that looks like one of these), you should be able to remove it and put it into another phone/card reader to get the data from it.

Hope that helps!
Old 2010-12-29, 12:33
Polly parrot

The first thing to do is to remove the battery in order to avoid short-circuits.
Old 2010-12-29, 19:54
Magic Ball Master

Remove the battery and let it dry out (preferably for a few days) as Fireball and Polly have said. In fact, a good method is to use either uncooked rice or , even better, silica gel (which you can find at craft or shipping stores), both of which are desiccants that can help draw out any moisture from the device. If there are any SD cards or other removable devices, get them out as well. Also, make sure that any jacks or speakers are opened to make sure water isn't trapped in them.
Old 2010-12-29, 23:15
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via MSN to Aruchi89
thanks 4 all the great advices!!! Fortunately i put it in rice (thanks fireball) and i left it for a few hours and then it worked... its just that it has a big spot on the screen, i can see through it though.. but my boyfriend is still mad, lol
oh and taking the battery off worked as well. I hope it keeps working!!
thanks!!!