Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-04-11, 16:24
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Remote Contontrolled devices Air/Water/Land

Hello welcome to the thread about remote controlled devices, including planes, trains and automobiles. Movie references aside this is for those that like their rc devices and they come in all shapes and sizes from boats to helicopters. I personally got for boats, near my house is a place called the bishops glen, where there is a large reservoir suited to using rc devices.

My boats

magic Vee

-not my picture

The magic vee is my newest boat and I don't have an opinion on it yet, but it's a fast easy to handle little bugger, with a special engine cooling system that uses water from when it's operating to cool the engine. This little guy also placed first in the gadget shows best rc boats, not some over priced boat of £100+ but a tiny little guy worth £50.

The arrow wind

The least inspiring boat in my arsenal and the slowest. This dose not mean it's bad, not at all, it's just if your looking for a racing rc boat, this ain't your dino. It's more of your low key plas that wnat a relible nice easy to use, sink proof boat, that will last a good amount of time. Handling and speed are pretty average in comparison to the next boat, so if your looking for some serious speeed, value for money the whole package, I would not go for the arrow wind, because of that rudder and one propeller, reallt holds it back, it's more for those that are new and even then I would still say the next one is better.

balaenoptera musculus

The definition of value for money, this thing is fast, easy to turn and relatively cheap. This a true little champ I have had 3 of these in my life time and when some idiot i gave a shot, breaks part of it, it stilll runs like a champ. These thing take a while to charge which is probally the only downside, but they are very durable and last a good long time, mine sunk after a freak collisonal and leaft it for a yera and it still works like a true champion. Now sadly the other one was also neglected for a year and the engine rusted and the other died after 6 years of service, not because it was broken, but because the controller batteries i put in ruptered and destroyed the remote. They come in 2 frequencies, so it's very easy to race.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:26
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I'd love to get into this stuff more as theres some truly awesome stuff out there now and prices arnt anywhere near as bad as they were.
I have two (fairly cheap) quadracopters , one slightly damaged but fixable.

I really lack the time though, and there isn't too many open areas near where I live. (let alone anything for water craft).

Still trying to resist buying one of those AR Drones.....they freaking run Linux. The idea of programing a flying drone for sub-200 euros blows my mind.
Old 2013-04-11, 19:26
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
I'd love to get into this stuff more as theres some truly awesome stuff out there now and prices arnt anywhere near as bad as they were.
I have two (fairly cheap) quadracopters , one slightly damaged but fixable.

I really lack the time though, and there isn't too many open areas near where I live. (let alone anything for water craft).

Still trying to resist buying one of those AR Drones.....they freaking run Linux. The idea of programing a flying drone for sub-200 euros blows my mind.
ye the prices are very reasonable these day's many boats i know are good value for money and last for ages. Even nitrous powered stuff is reasonable, but petroleum i find is still pretty steep.

I paid personally £50 for Magic Vee, £35 BM and £30 arrow wind
Old 2013-04-11, 19:33
the legend

I have 2 cars and 1 motorcyle. Never played much with them. Dunno the models and stuff.
Old 2013-04-11, 20:14
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I have 2 cars and 1 motorcyle. Never played much with them. Dunno the models and stuff.
from people i know thats generally what happens to land base stuff, they never get used. Airplanes break and boats rusts. Most people I know would go for a plane or boat, i recommend boats for those who lack the skills to control planes or have a reservoir near by.
Old 2013-04-12, 00:20
Polly parrot

I have a car smaller than my hand which can charge itself on its remote awesome !

But it's been long since I last played with it.
Old 2013-04-17, 21:58
You Only Live Twice

time to get out and start playing ti again, me thinks.