Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-19, 14:21
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
I refuse to recognize a Wrestlefest not started by Double-J as legitimate. I think it was bad enough when I started an illegitimate one in 2005 out of impatience, then sent the official one by Double-J into chaos. Let's not repeat the same old mistakes again. Plus, Pimmin completely failed at making names for people - Double-J does it much better, and he's more appropriate as he's an older member and thus has a better knowledge on this forum's members.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
That being said, I'm open to suggestions if you want to start a new one. Feel free to PM me and we'll get the ball rolling.
He agreed to start a new one. She gave him almost a week to respond. He didn't, so she opened one on her own. Seems fine to me.
Also why did you vote in this wrestlefest's thread if you don't recognize it?

Also Teary Eyed Jack (I know you don't like people messing with the Jack bit), didn't you call Pimmin "Pimmy" pretty much from the moment she joined the forum?
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-04-19, 15:22
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
As "the space putting frenchies" ?
Exactly !
Old 2013-04-19, 16:04
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
...and this is exactly why there's no hope for this forum.

someone tries to do something nice, and people come and piss all over it.

you already spoiled one wrestlefest battler, now you've come to spoil another one?
No, I'm actually trying to prevent Wrestlefest 2k13 from being spoiled.

Edit: And I wonder if anyone ever provided any verifiable evidence that my friends wouldn't have voted for me had I not asked them. Because fact is, they would have anyway. And then I would have been blamed for "ruining the Wrestlefest" without having done anything. And honestly, the whole situation about me back then was a powder keg. It would have exploded sooner or later, even without the Wrestlefest.
Also, I remember at least one Wrestlefest (2k6) after the "spoilt" 2k6 one that went on perfectly fine, without being spoilt by me in any way. And I doubt there was any problem regarding me in the 2k4 Wreslefest either. Interesting that you judge a person's handling of something based on one single bad instance.

Edit #2: To break down:
1. What happened was: I asked my friends to vote for the same people I voted for, they did.
2. Fact: They would have done that anyway even had I not asked them.
3. Fact: They were all known members of this forum, they didn't register for the sole purpose of voting on that Wrestlefest.
4. Neither of the two actions are forbidden by the Wrestlefest rules.
5. Neither of the two actions caused noticable swaying of votes.
6. Thefore, neither of the two actions had any effect on the Wrestlefest, really.
7. Mostly everyone involved in any Wrestlefest always campagined for votes, to gather votes is the whole point of the Wrestlefest after all.
8. Therefore, the conclusion is: people got butthurt that anyone dared vote for me.
9. I still took responsibility for the actions, even though I saw nothing wrong with what I had done, and requested a 30 day Ban for it.
10. I got the Ban and served it without causing trouble.
11. At least one subsequent Wrestlefest (2k6) took place without any problem from me or my friends.
12. Therefore, why is the 2k5 Wrestlefest still so much of a big deal?

Last edited by Battler; 2013-04-19 at 16:32.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:06
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
He agreed to start a new one. She gave him almost a week to respond. He didn't, so she opened one on her own. Seems fine to me.
Also why did you vote in this wrestlefest's thread if you don't recognize it?
Yes, he agreed to start a new one, but she gave him almost a week to respond? Sorry, I didn't know she was his boss. I think the appropriate thing to do would have been to wait for a response from him, rather than unilaterally imposing a time limit to his response.
Also, I voted because it's not like it will make a difference anyway.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:26
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Yes, he agreed to start a new one, but she gave him almost a week to respond? Sorry, I didn't know she was his boss. I think the appropriate thing to do would have been to wait for a response from him, rather than unilaterally imposing a time limit to his response.
She should have waited for his response? Sorry, I didn't know he was her boss. I think the appropriate thing to do was to wait a reasonable amount of time and just open a thread, rather than waiting for an undefined amount of time for our whimsical god to give his permission. It's not like the wrestlefest is a franchise Double-J owns.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2013-04-19, 16:35
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex_Hollywood View Post
She should have waited for his response? Sorry, I didn't know he was her boss. I think the appropriate thing to do was to wait a reasonable amount of time and just open a thread, rather than waiting for an undefined amount of time for our whimsical god to give his permission. It's not like the wrestlefest is a franchise Double-J owns.
Wait a second, but when I did the same back in 2005, and opened my Wrestlefest 2k5 without waiting for Double-J to open his, I was bombarded with attacks about how I had right to do it. So when I do it, it's the worst sin ever, but when Pimmin does it, it's OK? Sorry, but I just can't see the logic here.
And sorry, we don't know if Double-J will even agree with this or not. Also, the Wrestlefests usually took place in the summer, not in April, so there was still time for him to respond.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:45
Neko

Lol you got to be kidding.

Do you expect consistency over 8 years?

I declare this official, stop whining.
Old 2013-04-19, 16:48
the legend

Look, Battler, fucking relax ok.

We can make another wrestlefest if JJ wants to in the summer, and call it "MBN Summer Wrestlefest 2013", happy now?
Now quit whinning in EVERY GODDAMN THREAD, and let's have FUN, okay.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-04-19, 17:02
Welcome to Zirla!

Sorry, I was just sticking for Double-J.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:49
ffffff

Quote:
No, I'm actually trying to prevent Wrestlefest 2k13 from being spoiled.

Edit: And I wonder if anyone ever provided any verifiable evidence that my friends wouldn't have voted for me had I not asked them. Because fact is, they would have anyway. And then I would have been blamed for "ruining the Wrestlefest" without having done anything. And honestly, the whole situation about me back then was a powder keg. It would have exploded sooner or later, even without the Wrestlefest.
Also, I remember at least one Wrestlefest (2k6) after the "spoilt" 2k6 one that went on perfectly fine, without being spoilt by me in any way. And I doubt there was any problem regarding me in the 2k4 Wreslefest either. Interesting that you judge a person's handling of something based on one single bad instance.

Edit #2: To break down:
1. What happened was: I asked my friends to vote for the same people I voted for, they did.
2. Fact: They would have done that anyway even had I not asked them.
3. Fact: They were all known members of this forum, they didn't register for the sole purpose of voting on that Wrestlefest.
4. Neither of the two actions are forbidden by the Wrestlefest rules.
5. Neither of the two actions caused noticable swaying of votes.
6. Thefore, neither of the two actions had any effect on the Wrestlefest, really.
7. Mostly everyone involved in any Wrestlefest always campagined for votes, to gather votes is the whole point of the Wrestlefest after all.
8. Therefore, the conclusion is: people got butthurt that anyone dared vote for me.
9. I still took responsibility for the actions, even though I saw nothing wrong with what I had done, and requested a 30 day Ban for it.
10. I got the Ban and served it without causing trouble.
11. At least one subsequent Wrestlefest (2k6) took place without any problem from me or my friends.
12. Therefore, why is the 2k5 Wrestlefest still so much of a big deal?
ahahahaaaa no one gives a shit about any of this dude

Quote:
Sorry, I was just sticking for Double-J.
no you weren't, you were shitting all over this because your wrestlefest attempt failed

also people actually like pimmin
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-04-19, 21:02
Neko

Reading that I kind of want to see Battler - the movie, where it is all explained in fine detail with the appropriate drama. I'd write the soundtrack for it
Old 2013-04-19, 21:54
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Battler - the movie
No thanks.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:59
Neko

Don't be jealous now
Old 2013-04-19, 23:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_LIPSTICK View Post
no you weren't, you were shitting all over this because your wrestlefest attempt failed

also people actually like pimmin
Uh, I think I know better than you what I was doing and what I wasn't. Stop being so pretentious and assuming you know everything.
Old 2013-04-19, 23:28
ffffff

Quote:
Uh, I think I know better than you what I was doing and what I wasn't.
exactly, but it's in your best interests to misrepresent it isn't it shnuckems?

Quote:
Stop being so pretentious and assuming you know everything.
it ain't trickin if you got it
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-04-19, 23:42
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
battler you make really long posts which no one reads, because they're boring as shit. just fyi.

also what's this "sticking up for double-j" business, nobody did anything wrong to him so there can be no question of "sticking up for him".
but i'm curious, where is this fanatic loyalty to DJ coming from?
i mean the guy probably busts your balls even more than i do.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:06
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
battler you make really long posts which no one reads, because they're boring as shit. just fyi.

also what's this "sticking up for double-j" business, nobody did anything wrong to him so there can be no question of "sticking up for him".
but i'm curious, where is this fanatic loyalty to DJ coming from?
i mean the guy probably busts your balls even more than i do.
Sure, he does. But at least he does it tactfully. That, and he actually made a thread calling for everyone to cut the crap and be nice to everyone. He admitted he has gone too far and it has to stop. You and your female counterpart haven't.

And anyway, the Wrestlefest is Double-J's creation, and as such he might not like Pimmin's initiative. It's not that Pimmin did a bad thing - in fact, she did a good thing. But Double-J might just want to start the Wrestlefest himself. Just that.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:27
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
i don't see what's so tactful about calling you a pedophile a bunch of times, but hopefully from now on you'll behave and stop derailing every thread you post in.
Old 2013-04-20, 10:51
You what?!

As far as I understand it, Pimmin did actually ask Double-J about the wrestlefest before opening it, so I don't think there is an issue. If Double-J has a problem with the wrestlefest as it stands, he can PM me or another mod.

Admissions are finished, you can discuss your individual wrestling matches in the voting thread.

--> Closed.
Closed Thread