Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2016-05-27, 19:16
Friend of Slingshot kid

Hello everyone :)

Hello everyone, i'm Talabarbe !

I'm an "old" LBA2 speedrunner (starting at 2014) but due to the differents exams from School, i don't have so much time to redo some runs ! I'll be really happy if i'm success in my exams for work again in the speedrun world !

Also, Little Big Adventure 2 is my first and favorite video game of all time ! Why ? For the story, the OST and more ! Unfortunately, i discover Little Big Adventure 1 very late, and i don't really enjoy the gameplay of it, but it's a cool game !

See you later on this forum
Bye !

P.S : Sorry for my approximately English, it's not my primary language
Old 2016-05-27, 21:18
Panta rei

Hey! Welcome to the MBN.

I also prefer lba2 over lba1 as a game. However, for speedrunning it i find that the jump save bug ruins it. I can never get it perfect every time, plus my computer has weird loading times so it's so frustrating!

Have you got any videos online from your old speedruns?
Old 2016-05-27, 21:40
Friend of Slingshot kid

I agree, this glitch have some problems when your computer lag ! But, i think it's a problem from DosBox too because LBA2 is gourmand in ressources ! (3D maps when you are outside !)

Yes, i have a Youtube playlist who assemble all old speedrun But the last video is the most pertinent !

Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...BUd4YhFisZmSjk

And the last run of LBA2 :
Old 2016-05-28, 11:28
Zebrazilla

Welcome to the MBN Talabarbe, very glad to see another speedrunner in our community! Thank you for sharing your latest speedrun with us, very nice. I think I have seen yours before

I too have been thinking of the JSB-bug and how much it impacts the LBA 2 speedrunning route. While it is awesome how short the time has become, maybe there is interest for reinstating a category that is glitchless, or maybe that just removes the JSB-bug from the equation? I know there are many awesome routes that simple are not used anymore that could be fun to run. This is of course if there is interest by people to run LBA 2 like this. I'm just thinking out loud right now though

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2016-05-28, 12:28
Panta rei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
While it is awesome how short the time has become, maybe there is interest for reinstating a category that is glitchless, or maybe that just removes the JSB-bug from the equation?
While I agree that that would be best, I think the ultimate speedrun is always the fastest. Once you get into different catergories like glitchless, no jsb etc then who REALLY has the WR? wr for this wr for that it just gets weird
Old 2016-05-28, 13:19
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
While I agree that that would be best, I think the ultimate speedrun is always the fastest. Once you get into different catergories like glitchless, no jsb etc then who REALLY has the WR? wr for this wr for that it just gets weird
I do agree that in the end the most impressive speedrun category, that will be talked about the most, is likely the absolute fastest time possible.

However it's actually quite common to have different categories, for example glitchless, 100% completion (such as getting all possible items), so it's really nothing weird in my mind nor something that is an issue in general in the speedrunning scene Having different categories is just a fun way to diversify our speedrunning experience and to allow for people to skillfully master the game in a number of different ways. In the end it's not solely about who has the WR and who is the absolute best. Competition is good and all, but in the end it's all about us all having fun! I'm of the opinion that with more categories we just increase the chances of having fun together, of finding new interesting ways of playing our most favourite game(s).

For LBA 1 we for example right now have a specific level "challenge" if you will, for getting out of the Citadel as fast as possible in the beginning of the game. There's also plans for a speedrun category that includes opening all the seals in LBA 1.

LBA Speedruns
Old 2016-05-28, 15:41
Friend of Slingshot kid

Thanks a lot Styx and Homeless for the welcoming

Quote:
However it's actually quite common to have different categories, for example glitchless, 100% completion (such as getting all possible items), so it's really nothing weird in my mind nor something that is an issue in general in the speedrunning scene.
I agree ! It will be fun if we have some new categories for the LBA series ! Sure, WR make something in you hearth, you are proud when you got it but in speed run, i think discover new glitches and make a new path to finish the game with them is enjoyable too !

For an example: Yesterday, i found a glitch on the Android version of LBA1 and now i'm testing him in all conditions for discover how it can help on speed run, and it's really fun !
Old 2016-05-28, 16:59
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talabarbe View Post
For an example: Yesterday, i found a glitch on the Android version of LBA1 and now i'm testing him in all conditions for discover how it can help on speed run, and it's really fun !
I agree, it's a ton of fun to discover new things about such an old game. Fun to hear! I've found a few very neat glitches which can be used in a speedrun for the Android version which are pretty unique to this version. Unfortunately the meca-jump glitch is not possible, but these new strats can be useful to pull off some new and exciting stuff possibly. I began running the Android version in an emulator, but I kind of lost interest in it after a while. I don't currently have any plans in getting back to it, but maybe I will if there will be other runners, could be fun! What is it that you have found? Curious to know if we've found the same!

LBA Speedruns
Old 2016-05-28, 17:10
Zebrazilla

Actually I could begin to share some of what I discovered for the Android version:

It's not the most awesome one though. I did find a way to glitch it so that Twinsen will have 4x the normal life point. It allows you to get hit 3 times by a white grobo clone without dying

Maybe we could create a specific thread for our findings of glitches in the LBA 1 Android version which will be useful in a speedrun.

That said it's unfortunately not possible to death-warp as in LBA 1, which effectively makes it so you can't skip Rebellion Island. This along with not being able to meca-jump as far as I've found, makes it so you can't skip the museum either. But I bet there's even more interesting glitches to be found unique to this version.

LBA Speedruns
Old 2016-05-28, 17:14
Friend of Slingshot kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless
What is it that you have found? Curious to know if we've found the same!
It's appears when you save the game during the loading for the next map ! You have to load the second save created (with the most less time) and Twinsen "teleporting" on a random section of the map !

I have a video if you don't understand what i try to said I upload it !
Old 2016-05-28, 17:26
Friend of Slingshot kid

Quote:
Actually I could begin to share some of what I discovered for the Android version.
It's not the most awesome one though. I did find a way to glitch it so that Twinsen will have 4x the normal life point. It allows you to get hit 3 times by a white grobo clone without dying
Awesome ! I use the first glitch actually for my personnal save file (I watch you video before you post it here XD)

Quote:
Maybe we could create a specific thread for our findings of glitches in the LBA 1 Android version which will be useful in a speedrun.
I think it will be better with this ! Because the Member Announcements is not the most appropriate section Can you create this Thread and send me the link with the private message ?

Also, here's the video of my discover before we go

Last edited by Talabarbe; 2016-05-28 at 17:30. Reason: The video won't show up
Old 2016-05-28, 17:30
Friend of Slingshot kid

(Sorry for double post, the video won't show up with the quote )
Old 2016-05-28, 19:18
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Welcome to the forums Talabarbe

Was about time you create an account on here :P

I saw you so man times on LBA streams!

I've created that topic for Android glitchs, please post your finds there.

Zebra too, it'll be better than lost in the announcements

https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?p=453515
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2016-05-28, 20:02
Zebrazilla

Thanks a bunch Freeman!

Let's continue our discussion of glitches for LBA 1 Android version there

LBA Speedruns
Old 2016-05-28, 20:13
Friend of Slingshot kid

Thanks for the welcoming Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by galver22
Was about time you create an account on here :P
Haha, yes ! I might have done this before but i was a little bit afraid about always talking in english because i don't have a really great level in school XD

Well, here we go to this thread !
Old 2016-05-29, 00:06
Panta rei

Slightly related question: In the lba2 speedrun, has anyone tried to trigger the scene change in the mosquibee throne room to get to CX without having the key? Not sure it's possible but it could save a WHOLE lotta time potentially
Old 2016-05-29, 02:03
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
Slightly related question: In the lba2 speedrun, has anyone tried to trigger the scene change in the mosquibee throne room to get to CX without having the key? Not sure it's possible but it could save a WHOLE lotta time potentially
I've seen one of the LBA 2 speedrunners trying to do this many months ago, I can not remember if it was kukybro however or someone else.

Last week I was looking into this personally, trying everything that I could think out without success. It's possible to get up on the throne and drop down behind it. I'm pretty sure I hit the cube zone that triggers the scene change and that this gave no effect of changing scene.

Worth noting is that similarly there is a cube zone to trigger going into the test room, however hitting this cube zone trigger before giving the ring to the queen is not possible either. I'm beginning to suspect that LBA 2 works differently in the scripts and that cube zones can be turned on & off. I haven't worked out yet how to decipher the difference in scripting in LBA 2 compared to LBA 1 that would affect this. It neither doesn't help that the stated indices in the scripts does not align with the indices listed in LBArchitect, though I may be missing something.

Overall I would say no, triggering going through the throne to CX is likely not possible before you are supposed to, or at least not when first visiting and before giving the ring or just after the test room. Which is a shame. This would instantly shave off so much time of the run.

Another thing I found was that you can go straight to the Wannies chapel and talk to the monk before eating the firefly tart etc., however it looks like they were very smart in making LBA 2, so this can't be used to get the ferryman's song fast. From what I can see in the scripting, they have made it so that a value assigned to the progress made at the Wannies doesn't increment fully before all the necessary steps are done - such as eating the firefly tart, give the firefly tart to the guy, get the key, talk to the monk. It doesn't seem to matter in which order you do these, but since all three need to be made and due to the layout at the Wannies, it seems unlikely to me that it would be faster doing it any other way than the intended way.

In short, they were very smart in making LBA 2!

LBA Speedruns
Old 2016-06-03, 17:19
Polly parrot

Welcome Talabarbe
I hope you'll find the time spent here to be enjoyable

Also, sorry to interrupt this speedrun-discussion, but I feel like this video is mandatory here
Old 2016-06-03, 17:24
Panta rei

I will never be able to unsee this
Old 2016-06-04, 11:43
Friend of Slingshot kid

Hi Polaris ! Thanks for the welcoming !
You're not the first one who post this video about my pseudo XD In others forums they do this too !
Old 2016-06-05, 01:42
Polly parrot

Arf ! And here I thought I came up with something original

Tags
welcome presentation