Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2010-09-13, 01:21
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Yeh, things like the Nanking Massacre was never taught in any of my classes. That's a holocaust in itself.
I make a point of using it in my lectures on 20th century history. I knew about it from reading but it was never "taught" until I was in a junior year course on Japanese history and diplomacy in Uni.
Old 2010-09-13, 18:59

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
To find positive things within the Holocaust is of course possible but then how do we know those are directly connected to the event. You are taking an incredibly simplistic cause and effect view of history here. I would not suggest for a second that debate around the issue is not a good thing, however your whole hypothesis, premise and argument is utterly warped by your logic on how we should view the event itself. What relevance does views on driving cars or alcohol have to this event. Right now, with the world as it is, the most important thing is to remember the horror of that period of history. I recently attended a Holocaust conference designed to teach children about the Holocaust and was shocked by how many of the "educators" were suggesting the because the Holocaust went beyond the Jewish community, we should effectively be downplaying it. This is a very dangerous trend building up as we get further and further from the events. Debates over positive outcomes begin to suggest some validity in some warped, Malthusian vein. How long until we begin asking - how many people is too many to die for an advance? Yes progress comes at a cost, but surely one life is always too much, let alone 6 million plus murders. Just look to Russia, because people stopped talking about the horrors of the Stalinist regime, young Russians are beginning to demand a return to more authoritative styles of government, a return to the "glory days of Stalin". Debate is all very well but it comes with a responsibility not to ignore the suffering of past generations. Your arguments not only undermine this but show a very immature attitude towards discussion of the topic. After all - it only takes a few people to stop caring and before long we are having stag dos at Auschwitz http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7061125.ece a matter which I brought to the attention of the press last year...
Absolutely, ninety nine point nine percent true. You've just summarized how I have been feeling about this discussion in a mere paragraph. I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
I make a point of using it in my lectures on 20th century history. I knew about it from reading but it was never "taught" until I was in a junior year course on Japanese history and diplomacy in Uni.
You've just gained all kinds of respect in my book.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:16
The return of

Quote:
Wow, he didn't even have to pull out his platinum gay bunny dildo case and your already submitting. Whore
Old 2010-09-13, 19:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:

Incidentally, the text I use is simply "The Rape of Nanking" by the late Iris Chang. It's immensely readable yet still portrays the horror of 1937.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:29
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
Wow, he didn't even have to pull out his platinum gay bunny dildo case and your already submitting. Whore
It's not what the case looks like, but how you use it.
Old 2010-09-13, 19:37
formerly just angry

Quote:
Do you teach now as well? Sounds like a really good topic to cover
Old 2010-09-13, 19:44
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
Do you teach now as well? Sounds like a really good topic to cover
I do. I'm in the third year (of five) of my studies as well.
Old 2010-09-14, 01:32

Quote:

Incidentally, the text I use is simply "The Rape of Nanking" by the late Iris Chang. It's immensely readable yet still portrays the horror of 1937.
Iris Chang died?!?!

When?!?

**Checks to see that it's been 6 years**

Well....
Old 2010-09-14, 15:50
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, I didn't hear about her death either until a year or two ago, I was pretty surprised. Her book is considered to be polemical but that's largely because academia, at least in the U.S., has spent considerable time ignoring the Rape of Nanking.

Why has it been ignored? I can't say for certain. My guess is that it has quite a bit to do with the Hiroshima debate. For the last 30+ years, U.S. academics have been slanted against the decision to drop the bomb, largely based upon the rejection of Japan as a war-like culture. If you look at the controversy over the restoration and display of the Enola Gay bomber in the Smithsonian Institute Air and Space Museum, it highlights this well. I tend to think that the exposure of the Rape of Nanking, and the idea that it could possibly place Japan on a footing that, while not justifying (necessarily) the concluding act of World War II (a separate debate entirely), it lends credence to the fact that it played a role in the decision, which hurts the reconciliatory perspective.
Old 2010-09-14, 19:29

I have not studied enough of that History to be able to make an educated conclusion regarding the connection between Japanese rape/slaughter methods and Truman's decision to nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki. If the Americans were aware of events like the Rape of Nanking (and the Philipines) and its specifics, I would not doubt it for a second that this knowledge forced a certain hand.

But the arguement that the Japanese were not warlike is a pretty terrible one if you want to call yourself any kind of a Historian. I am a layman when it comes to the subject but even I could give you facts that would demonstrate how Japan was more warlike than the Germans and Soviets combined.

The irony is that despite the present day war-castrated culture of Japan and the low annual murders by firearms, the country produces the greatest number of violent films worldwide, meanwhile rape is the highest selling point of their entertainment industry.
Old 2010-09-14, 21:25
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
The irony is that despite the present day war-castrated culture of Japan and the low annual murders by firearms, the country produces the greatest number of violent films worldwide, meanwhile rape is the highest selling point of their entertainment industry.
Are you poking our Obras bear with a stick?
Old 2010-09-15, 18:45
ffffff

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread for a while; I've been doing a lot of thinking about this whole thing and I guess from the consensus here that it was a bad idea to post this. I guess I was wrong about the whole issue.

Lightwing, I'm really sorry that I upset you... I honestly didn't realise it went that far with you and I hope you don't dislike me now.

I still think that something came out of this thread, even if it was just myself learning something.

Anakin I'm really glad we're talking again... do I get a hug? :3
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2010-09-15, 22:12
Polly parrot

And what did you learn ?
Old 2010-09-15, 22:39
Neko

make up hugs are best
Old 2010-09-15, 23:04
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
Sorry I haven't posted in this thread for a while; I've been doing a lot of thinking about this whole thing and I guess from the consensus here that it was a bad idea to post this. I guess I was wrong about the whole issue.

Lightwing, I'm really sorry that I upset you... I honestly didn't realise it went that far with you and I hope you don't dislike me now.

I still think that something came out of this thread, even if it was just myself learning something.

Anakin I'm really glad we're talking again... do I get a hug? :3
Don't be so hard on yourself, you were right to say there were good things about the holocaust. In fact, I can think about a dozen right now.

So yeah, let's hug.

As I hug you, I catch a whiff of your hair.
The smell is intoxicating. Instinctively I pull you closer.
Soon enough you feel your body melting like butter in my arms.
A slow sigh of pleasure escapes your lips.
Old 2010-09-15, 23:12
ffffff

I raise my head, and look straight into your eyes.
I slowly brush my cheek against the side of your face and begin to softly kiss your neck.

Quote:
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2010-09-15, 23:16
Party animal

The pleasure is too much and I gasp with excitement.

I feel that my erection is threatning to tear through the fabric of my pants.

There's no doubt anymore, I know it now. I want to be inside of you.

I put on my robe and shtreimel hat.
Old 2010-09-15, 23:21
ffffff

I take off my coat to reveal my Schutzstaffel jacket, complete with leather hotpants, knee-high boots and whip.

I kick you to the floor: "Lick them clean, Jew!"

Quote:
Quote:
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
Old 2010-09-15, 23:25
Party animal

I get down on my knees.

Hesitantly at first, I begin to lick your boots.
Gagging slightly as the dust accumulates on my tongue and throat.

Slowly slowly, however, I find that I'm beginning to enjoy this.

Yes...
I've been a bad jew.

Yes...
I deserve to be punished.

Tonight, you and me, we're gonna have a little holocaust of our own.

YES!
PUNISH ME, MEIN FUHRER!!!
Old 2010-09-16, 01:38
Do the evolution.

I was 24 going on 25 the first time I saw a sadomasochistic jew on english-woman cybersex scene. It happened in the summer of 1959-a long time ago, but only if you measure in terms of years. I was living in a small town in Oregon called Castle Rock. There were only twelve hundred and eighty-one people. But to me, it was the whole world

It was weird to me how, then, Anakin could care so much about his mistress, who practically tried to kill him. And I couldn't give a shit about my old woman, and she hadn't laid a hand on me since I was twenty three! And that was for eating the bleach under the sink.

And Elliptic had knocked Anakin out of his Keds the same way she had knocked the life out of his body....

It happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of our lives, like busboys in a restaurant.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2010-09-16 at 02:11.
Old 2010-09-16, 10:36
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
I was (...) in a restaurant.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2010-09-16, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
I take off my coat to reveal my Schutzstaffel jacket, complete with leather hotpants, knee-high boots and whip.

I kick you to the floor: "Lick them clean, Jew!"
Edit: Elliptic, what about candle wax and nipple clips?

<3

Last edited by Lightwing; 2010-09-17 at 07:45.
Old 2010-09-17, 13:16
Polly parrot

Whole in all, this is, indeed, a WEIRD thread !
Old 2010-09-17, 15:20
Do the evolution.

Quote:
(...) nipple clips?
<3
CLAMPS.

sheesh man, know your fetishes.
Old 2010-09-17, 17:44
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Whole in all, this is, indeed, a WEIRD thread !
yeah, the weirdest thing is that it was a troll from the start, who would've thunk?!

Tags
classic