Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2002-03-29, 15:41
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Project is going nowhere

Excuse me, but I seriously think this project is going nowhere. Instead of making a proper agenda, and working according to it, each member just does whatever he want, whenever he wants. People are thinking about team names and logos, before even half of the script was written. People are recreating the same models over and over again. I once thought this is a serious project done by serious people. Now I know that this project is likely to fail, unless someone does something quickly. Someone should write a schedule, and people should be working according to it (e.g. first finnish the script, then work with models, etc...). Until this is done, I see no real future for this project.
Old 2002-03-29, 15:54
weee

someone's gonna be angry...
No but seriously I think this project is well orginized, if we do it more orginized then that it won't be fun anymore...
Old 2002-03-29, 15:57

"This project is well organized"??? What are you talking about? As I've said, this project needs someone to organize it, unless it is a sure failure.
Old 2002-03-29, 16:15
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Be happy, morshem, the undeadly Super Die Hard admits
Old 2002-03-29, 16:24
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
rotflmho!
You clearly havn't been looking at the depot site.
We have already used up the space allocation!
For a project thats going nowhere, we have a hell of a lot of activity.
Duplicates are a slight problem, but a problem that can only be caused by TOO MUCH acitivity.
Any bottleneck in the project will come much later, when it comes to animating (ie my job).
Sorry, morshem, you couldn't be more wrong.
Parrally processing is the fastest way of doing stuff, so its best not too have a set "order". And any schedrrel made will never be stuck too, so its pointless making one.
Thanks to FP, this project IS organised. Anyone can submit things whenever they want.
And thanks to that system we have a huge ammount of resources being created, sorted and ordered.
Old 2002-03-29, 16:29
Werebull

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
Someone should write a schedule, and people should be working according to it (e.g. first finnish the script, then work with models, etc...).
God!! That would take ages! We're doing many things at the same time. I don't think the project isn't well organized just because it doesn't have a schedule. Things are going faster since the new site is up. BTW - we have to think about a name and logo for our team 'till the first scenes are done.

Happiness is one of the most pleasant optical illusions to affect the mind's eye.
Old 2002-03-29, 16:30
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
That's why I've created Bu's temple, and that's why I irritate lots of members by asking them to upload their creations or to use the tasks asssessement system.

You criticize my organize skill ???

As project follower, I'm continuously keeping an eye on what happens everywhere, and now I can say : it's a total mess, but we're sure to manage to close the project.

In fact we dont start from nothing there, the LBA game is well known by members, and I've never seen yet a modelling task that wasnt accorded to the project goal
So it's sure there are sometimes double works, and that's sure the script should go faster than the rest, for the moment.But all the "threads" of the project will a day join together, even if it's sure there is a risk for, by example, scripts were missing as all the models are done. It's always like that in a fan project.And with so many nationalities in the same project, it could be more a mess than that

It would be my dream to schedule the project, but we can never know if members have the time, some have very active periods and then shut down, some are always absent, some work as mad men.... It will take the time it'll take, but anyway the models' production goes forward, and with DF as animator we are sure to manage anything. In fact the only way for the project to die would be DF died . If he doesnt try to overclock his PC there is no risk so.

Last edited by Firephoenix; 2002-03-29 at 22:15.
Old 2002-03-29, 17:13
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally posted by Firephoenix
If he doesnt try to overclock his PC there is no risk so.
errr.....
Old 2002-03-29, 17:16
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
weeeeeeps
Old 2002-03-29, 18:45
Lauren...

Oh god, when I saw the title of this thread I was laughing my ass of. Hilarious. Ohhhhhhh....

especially this one:
Someone should write a schedule, and people should be working according to it (e.g. first finnish the script, then work with models, etc...). Until this is done, I see no real future for this project.

Oh good god... Looks like someone doesn't look at the Temple.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2002-03-29, 19:44
Hello

HAPPY NEWS! Well, I havent read so much, but if what you say is true, it sounds perfect!
Old 2002-03-29, 20:18
Magic Ball Master

I'm pretty pleased with the project, and I agree that the task allocation scheme is a great way of organising the work without it being too restrictive, and therefore not fun.

Regards,
Morden
Old 2002-03-29, 21:07

According to what you are all saying, it'll take about 50 years until this project is done. Good, I might be able to watch it with my grandchildren.

You've all noticed the absence of smilies in this post.
Old 2002-03-29, 21:14
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
let's put it like this, if everybody in the team had the same it's-not-going-fast-enough-it-will-never-come-additude as you have, than it will take 50 years
Old 2002-03-29, 22:20
Wish of eternity...

Quote:
According to what you are all saying, it'll take about 50 years until this project is done. Good, I might be able to watch it with my grandchildren.
You've all noticed the absence of smilies in this post.
No out of jokes the project goes to a normal speed there.
We have school, we are far one from another, we havent all good connections...
it's normal if it takes time, do you realize we are making a real 3D movie ?
Some little HL mods have taken really much more time to make what we've done yet.

It should take some years, not more.

Last edited by Firephoenix; 2002-03-30 at 13:11.
Old 2002-03-29, 23:30
Rolling

50 years? Isn't a real trouble for me: I'm the last Highlander, time doesn't mean anything to me

PD: Darkflame, do you have something like a "stoat texture" in the Bu's Temple? I'm finishing the model, but I'm not sure about the mapping: I was thinking about using a Bumpmap or Noise... What do you think?
Old 2002-03-30, 01:48
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
I take it from your posts morshem, that you have contributed VERY significantly towards the project in some way? Or am I mistaken and your posts are just you whinging at something your not helping at all with.

We arent being paid to do this, and ALL of us as far as i know are at college/school and cant devote our entire lives, or free time to making it. Also if uve ever tried animating/modeling on a computer you'd realise that after a couple of days at it, u need a good break.

You're right in that this project probably wont get finished very soon, if at all. But the way i see it that doesnt really matter. Its keeping the LBA community together because its at least giving everyone 'hope' for something new, which without any news on LBA3 we wouldn't have.
Old 2002-03-30, 06:42

No I haven't contributed to the movie, because I don't know how to do models, and that seems to be the only thing people are working on. When last time someone worked on the script? You are all saying that you haven't got much time to contribute, but when you do have time, instead of making the important things, you are thinking about team names and logos. When I said schedule, I didn't mean with dates, I just meant to decide what's more important and what's less, and do the more important things first.
In fact, I've started a thread called "The Script" about one month ago, at which I gave ideas for the next part of the script that should be written (the Proxima Island part). I remember exactly how many replies there were: 6 replies, 2 of them were mine. However, the Team's Name thread has already got 69 replies.
Old 2002-03-30, 11:17
What is this place?

perhaps you should also think about that there are at least 15 threads with models, 6 threads with scripts, and only 1 thread with the team name....
and besides, the team name isn't only about the RPM but also about LBA 2,5 (we have the same problem over there, remember?)
Not to mention that your remark "thinking about logo's" is unjustified, only Darkflame once made a logo for it, and yes, it had some replies, but that's not that strange, don't you think? (you wouldn't be happy if you made something and no one would respond?)

I'm not much of a contributer myself (made a storyboard once, wants to do the final editing of scripts), so I don't think that if I had something to whine about the project's speed, it wouldn't be justified. Because after all, I'm not contributing anything to the speed of it.

Some people out here are working their ass off and you think you have the right to say it's failing because you made one script?
You should once talk to Df, and ask how much time he spends on the project every week.
After that, you're free to whine
Old 2002-03-30, 11:28
Werebull

Quote:
No I haven't contributed to the movie, because I don't know how to do models, and that seems to be the only thing people are working on.
Heh, thanks! You just confirmed that modelers do their job more intensive than script writers who don't (no offense, of course).

Happiness is one of the most pleasant optical illusions to affect the mind's eye.
Old 2002-03-30, 13:21
Wish of eternity...

Quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix

We arent being paid to do this, and ALL of us as far as i know are at college/school and cant devote our entire lives, or free time to making it. Also if uve ever tried animating/modeling on a computer you'd realise that after a couple of days at it, u need a good break.
Hum you're right for the school point, but not for the free time's By doing homework from 22. to 24., I confirm it's possible to involve itself fully in a project.

It's a question of training surely, but I now manage to pass more than 8 hours in one time on my PC
The only problem is my parents, they havent the same ideas than me on that point.

--------

Else, normally if the project was really optimised, the template script should be finished now...
What a pity, I'll surely drop models making to concentrate on the script for a time.

I'll soon finish the base storyboard of the final battle, and I begin to have all the ideas a bout a killing_its_race landing on hamalayi.
Old 2002-03-30, 15:45
Classic

Quote:
No I haven't contributed to the movie, because I don't know how to do models, and that seems to be the only thing people are working on.
For gods sake, look at the Depot site.
ANYONE can write on the script when they like, and people are.
You want to work on the script? no one is stoping you.
Check the temple from a free section, sign up, and get writting.
The perpose of Bu's temple is people can sign up and work on stuff WITHOUT having to make a thread about it.
If we did everything on the forum, then the project would take 50 years.
You can contributed anything to the movie, whenever you want.
If you think of something that isn't on the TASK LIST, you can add it and assign yourself.
You have no excuse to blame the lack of organisation for you not doing stuff.
===
Atresica- In fact I made the logo for the LotR teaser trailer, not the thread...and it only took about 10 minutes
--
AniX- Tricky, a subtle white-ish colour and a precedral bump should be good enough.
I'll make a texture when I have time.
Old 2002-03-30, 16:59
Hello

Hey guys! Stop pickin at each other.. It's just a game, this thing making a movie, nothing serious, so there's no use in arguing!!!

Btw.. The team name and logo isn't something very important. Just let one member in the crew make one or more logos, and then arrange a voting. It is that easy.
Old 2002-03-30, 19:54
weee

1. it is serious
2. no one is picking on echother
Old 2002-03-30, 21:10
Magic Ball Master

3. Numbered lists suck
4. Logos and company names are very low priority.