Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-07-22, 11:56
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte
No I don't.
I'm busy with other stuff (like my research for my master thesis) so I'm not here 24/7. Besides, I do some contract work on the side.
Sheesh it was clearly a joke. Made me laugh anyway
Old 2006-07-22, 12:01
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba!
Cool. What are you doing your research about?
Working on\with composition filters (which is an Aspect Oriented Programming approach). Going to figure out a method to construct a dispatch graph for composition filter programs and use that create graph for what not.
Old 2006-07-22, 12:23
formerly just angry

Well I have finished my teacher training course in secondary history but am currently jobless...So I should really describe myself as a government artist
Old 2006-07-22, 12:27
Previously Link

I work in a Visteon factory this summer (assembling peugeot 206 dashboards = 400 per day).
That's quite boring but, that makes me less lazy and i appreciate more entertainment time after this. Plus, i'm waiting for the money, and i'll now i deserve it.
Old 2006-07-22, 20:14
Registered Schnitzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
I can swear there was a thread about it a couple of months ago. Search for it and find my answer there, /me is too lazy/tired to bother.
And you're right: http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=10537

For me a lot has changed since then.
I'm no longer in the army, and of course I know longer tutor computers.

I've been working for two weeks in Watchfire, a software company.
They pay me a lot, I work in an air-conditioned office, order in lunch everyday, have a company car, an so on. The people I work with are great, just like the people I used to serve with in the army (some of them actually are people who served with me).

Can't think of anything bad so far
Old 2006-07-25, 05:29
Magic Ball Master

I work for a post production company in London called The Moving Picture Company.

We do music videos, adverts and films. My role in this company isnt great at the moment... I am a data wrangler ( basically I make sure the disks dont run out of space.)

In my spare time I am working freelance for an advert being created at work called Sony paint. ( Hence why Im not always online ) Its the next big advert for sony. I hope they like it so I can get promoted!

Also Ive just had some good news! I have my first movie credit!! Its for a film called Stormbreaker.

I took a photo of my name in the credit on my phone
Old 2006-07-25, 09:30

does that mean you're listed on imdb?
Old 2006-07-25, 10:40
Previously Link

And... What's your name ?
Old 2006-07-25, 10:59

isn't that a dead giveaway?

Lewis Guarniere -> Lewi-G
Old 2006-07-25, 11:16
Previously Link

What an idiot I am, I should have guessed it...
Old 2006-07-25, 12:12
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewi-G
I work for a post production company in London called The Moving Picture Company.

We do music videos, adverts and films. My role in this company isnt great at the moment... I am a data wrangler ( basically I make sure the disks dont run out of space.)

In my spare time I am working freelance for an advert being created at work called Sony paint. ( Hence why Im not always online ) Its the next big advert for sony. I hope they like it so I can get promoted!

Also Ive just had some good news! I have my first movie credit!! Its for a film called Stormbreaker.

I took a photo of my name in the credit on my phone
Congrats, did you meet any actors in the film or anything?
Old 2006-07-25, 14:20
Boobs!

I'm still a student at High School, but I do website design part time.
Only as fun right now though.
Old 2006-07-25, 16:14
Happy!

Send a message via MSN to Bender
I have only 3 months left of University b4 i get one of my dream jobs, i am going to get a job as a Games Programer/QA manager or a Uni Lecturer if i'm lucky :P
Old 2006-07-25, 17:15
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
does that mean you're listed on imdb?
Alas no.. Not as of yet. Ive submitted it but it could take a few weeks to upload. Watch this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobmoblin
Congrats, did you meet any actors in the film or anything?
Cheers dude I didnt meet any of the actors for this one but I did see Danny Boyle (producer) around work

My biggest claim to fame is being in a lift with Madonna and also making a latte for Ridley Scott when he visited our company to see the Kindom of Heaven special effects (I was a runner )

Last edited by Lewi-G; 2006-07-26 at 02:45.
Old 2006-07-25, 17:28
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
well my name is in the yu-gi-oh cartoon series credits, though it's not me
Old 2006-07-25, 18:21
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
I have only 3 months left of University b4 i get one of my dream jobs, i am going to get a job as a Games Programer/QA manager or a Uni Lecturer if i'm lucky :P
Finishing uni at the age of 19? Leet.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2006-07-26, 04:39
Still in a dream...

I worked as a classroom assistant (read: bitch) in a Saturday school, but thats over now. I'm awaiting next Wednesday for a trial day at "Evans Cycles", a big chain retailer of Bicycles and shizzle - good pay and they need a part timer. I'm their man!

I hope.
Old 2006-07-26, 06:05
the legend

I work in a newspaper.

I am a layout designer (couldn't find a better term in english). It means I create (arts of the ads and stuff), set up and edit (the texts, headlines, etc), and other sort of stuff like that. And that was great 'cos I've even been able to publish my comics in it!

It is a medium-sized and rather local newspaper - distributed in my city and some of the cities around. Despite being only 16 for such a job, they never complained about my work which probably reached it's high standards due to the great influence of art & design my dad's Studio gave me, otherwise I'd be sleeping all day and playing guitar. =)

About my comics, it is called Setho. You can see my name in the credits of the newspaper, Setho in line art, and some shots of the newspaper itself + the comic strips here: http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2avj2.jpg

Appart from this, I also make websites now and then. The last one I've made was for a music school (yes it was on purpose =p), www.transasom-musical.com .

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2006-07-26, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
I am a layout designer (couldn't find a better term in english). It means I create (arts of the ads and stuff), set up and edit (the texts, headlines, etc), and other sort of stuff like that. And that was great 'cos I've even been able to publish my comics in it!
"Desktop Publisher" ?
Old 2006-07-26, 19:04
the legend

Quote:
"Desktop Publisher" ?
Yes exactly! That's it.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2006-07-29, 15:45
Sheepie for short

I've only seen that used for the software... I would have said layout designer, or something like it. Maybe I am totally wrong though.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-07-29, 21:05
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep
I've only seen that used for the software... I would have said layout designer, or something like it. Maybe I am totally wrong though.
I concur.
Old 2006-08-01, 14:56
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
The two last year in summer I was working as guardian in a public establishment, which was a good job because there weren't a lot of work and I had a good pay
Now I'm student/employee, which means that I go to school for one month then I work the next one, and so on.
I work at the fundamental and experimental aerodynamics department of the ONERA, on super/hypersonic wind tunnels (R1/R2Ch). I realize aerodynamic tests on planes, missiles or spacecrafts which are crossing the atmosphere. A wind tunnel is a "machine" which reproduce real conditions of flight, it allows us to verify ideal models of aerodynamic which are studied by researchers or are subjects of thesis for pupils doctors.
For more informations, click here.

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2006-08-01, 18:16
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultures View Post
The two last year in summer I was working as guardian in a public establishment, which was a good job because there weren't a lot of work and I had a good pay
Now I'm student/employee, which means that I go to school for one month then I work the next one, and so on.
I work at the fundamental and experimental aerodynamics department of the ONERA, on super/hypersonic wind tunnels (R1/R2Ch). I realize aerodynamic tests on planes, missiles or spacecrafts which are crossing the atmosphere. A wind tunnel is a "machine" which reproduce real conditions of flight, it allows us to verify ideal models of aerodynamic which are studied by researchers or are subjects of thesis for pupils doctors.
For more informations, click here.
That sounds unbelievably cool.
Old 2006-08-01, 18:19
Previously Link

Yeah, i wonder how you can do such thing while being only 19...