Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2007-02-09, 11:48
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Well, actually the idea is, if God is inconcievable, then he might as well be a Flying Spaghetti Monster and it is as viable as the Old Man with Beard God.
In the bible it says humans were created from god's image.. so.. no spaghetti monster there
Old 2007-02-09, 12:30
weee

Maybe when the bible said Human, it actually meant Spaghetti.
So it's "Spaghetti was created from god's image".
Old 2007-02-09, 16:46
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
with salza and mushrooms .... gimme a break ... next thing u know , we'll debate on WHAT IF HUMANS HAVE MICRO-CONTROLLED DEVICES IMPLANTED FROM ALIENS AND THEY KEEP US DOING THEIR BLACKMARKET OPERATIONS LIKE THE ONES WHERE THEY TRY TO IMPORT CHALK FROM VENUS
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-02-09, 16:59
weee

Well what IF humans have micro-controlled devices implanted from aliens and they keep us doing their black market operations like the ones where they try to import chalk from Venus?

You actually brought up an important issue here.
Old 2007-02-09, 17:14
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
with salza and mushrooms .... gimme a break ... next thing u know , we'll debate on WHAT IF HUMANS HAVE MICRO-CONTROLLED DEVICES IMPLANTED FROM ALIENS AND THEY KEEP US DOING THEIR BLACKMARKET OPERATIONS LIKE THE ONES WHERE THEY TRY TO IMPORT CHALK FROM VENUS
Why is it more probable that your idea of god is more accurate than the idea of a spaghetti god? I can't wait to hear your rational explanation.
Old 2007-02-09, 18:05
Twinsunian Quetch

ok , I can't ... but either way , there are only 2 outcomes here :

- the spaghetti dude is real and I'll have to answer to him .. that's life
- God is real and at the Judgement Day , u'll be like : I AM SOOOO SORRYYY !!!!! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YOU WEREN'T A SPAGHETTI CREATURE ???
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-02-09, 18:09
weee

Have you ever stopped to think that MAYBE the flying spaghetti monster did create us in his own image, and it's only our senses that fool us to believe that we aren't spaghetti people?
Old 2007-02-09, 19:17
Twinsunian Quetch

no , simply because the SPAGHETTI u are referring to , are in fact created by us and we know for sure that there is a difference between us and them .
Old 2007-02-09, 19:21
weee

"Us"? Do you know the person that created spaghetti?
No?

Well did you ever stop to think that MAYBE he's god's messenger?
Old 2007-02-09, 19:23
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
So wait, it takes people a newage movie to understand that they're in control of their own future?

Hey, whatever enlightens you
Old 2007-02-09, 19:55
Twinsunian Quetch

yes , US ... we invented them ... not the dogs ... so it's clearly that spaghetti are different from us ... if not , then we created colnes by making spaghetti .... u don't really believe that now do u ???
Old 2007-02-09, 20:14
Do the evolution.

Do you know what Limbo is? It is the first circle of hell, wich isn't hell, but a paradise for the people who are good or don't believe in God - no pain or torment there - it is still paradise(according to Dante Alighieri, and Church). And as for the God creates man in his image, I already said, the only thing that we can say about God is that He is(But that is also an assumption), and if it is the only thing that there is to state about God, then his "image" would be existance itself, and you can't possibly contradict that, becouse either the Bible, or simple logics, state that god "looks" - he cannot have any form, or specification, other then simply existing.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-02-09 at 23:05.
Old 2007-02-09, 20:15
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
what?
* StreGGy sticks a fork in himself and pretends to be eating spaghetti.
Old 2007-02-09, 21:31
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
ok , I can't ... but either way , there are only 2 outcomes here :

- the spaghetti dude is real and I'll have to answer to him .. that's life
- God is real and at the Judgement Day , u'll be like : I AM SOOOO SORRYYY !!!!! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YOU WEREN'T A SPAGHETTI CREATURE ???
You forgot the 3rd, so obvious it's screaming to be noticed, outcome:
- You admit we have not the slightest idea of what god is like, or if there even is one, and there's nothing we can do about it (so far), and that all of the advice and preachings you posted in this thread are based on guesswork, hunches and things you've heard other people say.

It's ok, I don't really expect you to admit that.
Old 2007-02-10, 11:23
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica View Post
So wait, it takes people a newage movie to understand that they're in control of their own future?

Hey, whatever enlightens you
Although it's indeed the main purpose of the movie, and that the movie is extremely cheesy, it tries to explain a phenomenon that is a bit more than a simple "I made that happen".

Ok, the movie is stupid in some ways (reason..), and brilliant in others (conviction..).

One thing I know is that in some way or other the "new age" crap is just a lousy explanation to some *actually* unexplainable phenomena.
Old 2007-02-10, 11:30
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
It's pretty obvious we really can't prove that there is no god. Since god can mean so many different things. If I for example say :

"God watches over us but does nothing, you can't see him, and he looks like a guy with beard n all shit." You can say that's unlikely or that it has no logic, yet you can't really prove that it's not correct. But of course, I can't have any arguments on behalf that that specific god exists.

However, most religions that believe in a god say that the god does respond or act. Those gods are easier to prove wrong.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-02-10, 11:40
Twinsunian Quetch

all this debate cause you use your mind so much instead of your heart .... when your cerebro will pump blood and life through your vanes , u'll be entitled to say it's more important ....... but until then , the sun-flower turns itself facing the sun , with no brains or ideas ... just cause it feels it has to
Old 2007-02-10, 18:24
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
ok then, cut ur brains off and make another post, i'll be waiting :P

using ur heart doesn't mean anything to me; your brains is everything u need, you decide what's good and what's wrong, you don't have to "listen to your heart", it's your experience that makes you decide, not the heart. The heart just makes us live, without it we die, but living with a good heart and damaged brains is just nonsense, we need both.

Before starting to think there is no god (or atlast not how various religions describe it) i thought about it, religion is based on faith, but i don't believe in anything i don't see with my own eyes, faith is not my way, faith is just one more thing that together with a lot of other stuff made my come to the conclusion that there is no god.
Old 2007-02-10, 18:38
Do the evolution.

Acoording to the psyche model by Sigmund Freud, there are three layers of your "inner me": Id, Ego, Super Ego - Id is your primitive drive that want's to fullfill bodily cravings, Super Ego is what you have been tought, your "heart", all that social stuff that tells you what is "good" and "bad" in the society, Ego is you, the consciouss self, that is there becouse Id cannot live in the real world without an outer layer that will controll it. Your "heart" is nothing more, than what you have been tought in your family, school, church.

Then the only way you can try to reach the meaning of all, is to ditch the stuff your Super Ego tells you, and concentrate on pure logics, becouse your heart is not objective, furthermore, it is based on human creations, that are deeply flawed, and cannot even dream of touching the absolute.

And a flower turns to the sun becouse it needs sun to live (photosynthesis) - sorry, no will in it, just a VERY simple nervous system, or something similar. Wich of course dosen't make the actual fact of life any less magical and beatifull, it is just explainable.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-02-10 at 19:09.
Old 2007-02-10, 19:01
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
all this debate cause you use your mind so much instead of your heart .... when your cerebro will pump blood and life through your vanes , u'll be entitled to say it's more important ....... but until then , the sun-flower turns itself facing the sun , with no brains or ideas ... just cause it feels it has to
Hippy!
Old 2007-02-10, 19:11
Twinsunian Quetch

okay use your ... brains or whatever .... eventually your supersonic judgement will get stuck like a computer crash and u'll find urself in a situation saying "what's there to do ?" ... let me know what u'll use then ... or how u can use your brain to be happy or cry for someone .... in the end u said it : brain's everything u need ...
Old 2007-02-10, 19:30
Do the evolution.

And where do you think all your deep thoughts and emotions come from? From some kind of a magical "heart" that came out of nowhere? Brain chemistry my dear Quetch, brain chemistry. And the things you describe are "earthly", and our "earthly" terms are enough for the matters of sadness love and friendship etc. but they are concepts made by us. The powers that be, can't possibly have anything to do with them. Your "someone" is a human being, like we all are and those terms apply to human - human relationships, but the absolute cannot be touched by something that is specifically human.

Face it, if there is a God, your "heart" as specifically human stands in the way of discovering what he is, or at least what he isn't.
Old 2007-02-10, 19:53
Twinsunian Quetch

humm .... brain chemestry u say ? brain chemestry is "made" out of cells -> protein molecules -> atoms -> vibrating energy .... do u think that's where emotions are "stored" ? u may say that about friendship , hate or whatever .... but I can see you never truly loved before ... and I mean it ... if u think that such profound feelings which transcend all notions of good and evil are purely chemical reactions ... I have nothing more to say oh and jas .. don't raise money for 3DGS .... GameMaker's 7.0 release in February will bring outstanding 3d environmental developing with the ease of the previous 2d one
Old 2007-02-10, 19:54
Do the evolution.

Quote:
But I can see you never truly loved before...
I will hit you. Please don't speak about matters you have no idea of, thank you.
Congratulations, you just made me angry...
Old 2007-02-10, 20:34
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
I will hit you. Please don't speak about matters you have no idea of, thank you.
Congratulations, you just made me angry...
That is weak of you. You should be more robust, digital words making a human being angry is so absurd...

Quetch, do you really believe in god? What religion, I bet someone can prove that religion wrong with one sentence.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here