Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2007-12-05, 00:14
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
Fuck me there's a lot of retarded posting going on! The nominations are done and dusted. If you didn't get put in the runnings that means you weren't seconded. And PLEASE let's not get into arguments over who contributes most to the community! Seriously has everyone actually bloody voted yet? If you have the point of a secret ballot is.....well it's secret
lol, what happened in school today?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-12-05, 00:22
formerly just angry

What doesn't happen in school!
Old 2007-12-05, 00:30
Magic Ball Master

Suffice it to say that no matter who wins, the goal here was to have a democratic election, and thus far, it has functioned as planned. The problem is of course that some have issues over who was/wasn't included.

To answer Ido's earlier question about why anyone would want to be a mod, I guess I'll take a stab. I did not originally plan my campaign to become the next mod, but I think that given what has transpired over the past year (the Schizn incident and, more recently, the Evil Do'ers issue), and my tenure here, I've been on both sides of the equation - for the mods, but also for the regular members of the forum. If I were elected - and again, I don't care who wins so long as democracy rules - I would certainly attempt to be completely impartial, since I'm not part of any of the "cliques" or what have you. I visit IRC, but I'm not a regular; I visit the general forums, but I'm not a regular poster; I'm part of the LBA Prequel, so I'm dedicated to the community. I don't know.

Why do I want to be a mod? Because people have PM'ed me and told me they think I'd do a decent job, and I think, given my experience and personality, I think I would as well, as long as I have the general support of the forum. I'd certainly try to be as impartial as possible, and look at things from every possible angle.

Naturally, people are going to vote simply because they see people in the channel frequently, or in a thread they frequent, but ultimately, the majority will speak for the best candidate.
What I do know is that, in the grand scheme of things, I think people will make the right decision, whatever that is. If not, then, as Lightwing has expressed in another thread, people will have to live with their decision if it is a bad one, and I'll be proven wrong for suggesting the democratic process.
Old 2007-12-05, 00:31
weee

Quote:
What doesn't happen in school!
Teacher worshipping?
Old 2007-12-05, 00:33
weee

JJ, no offence, but someone's gotta say it: You sound like a politician. (that's a bad thing)
Old 2007-12-05, 00:36
Magic Ball Master

But...you didn't vote for me anyways. So I think you're naturally biased.

I think if you've read what I've written in the past, you'll see that there is more than just some political facade.

As I've said before, I don't care whether I win or not (and I probably won't). I just want people to make the right decision for them.

If you don't know that I'm a sincere person since I registered here - whether you've agreed with me or not - then I don't think you really know who I am. I take offense at your insinuation.
Old 2007-12-05, 00:39
weee

Sorry, I just don't see the point. Moderators are here to keep the peace. We have peace. So I don't see how having more moderators can make anything better.
Old 2007-12-05, 00:39
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
I think if you've read what I've written in the past, you'll see that there is more than just some political facade.
there are also godfather and starwars references :P
Old 2007-12-05, 00:40
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Sorry, I just don't see the point. Moderators are here to keep to peace. We have peace. So I don't see how having more moderators can make anything better.
The point (and your question) was not why we need another moderator. It was why someone would want to be a moderator. That's what I was responding to.

I say, if we need another mod - and El apparently thought we did, since he went along with the idea - why don't we elect that mod democratically, rather than arbitrarily?
Old 2007-12-05, 00:41
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
there are also godfather and starwars references :P
Mostly Star Wars though...
Old 2007-12-05, 00:46
weee

When I was a moderator I tried to actually do the job and that basically made a lot of people hate me, and act as if I was doing it for my own pleasure when I made something someone didn't like.

It sucked.

So whatever, have fun.

(something tells me I just opened a pandora box... shit.)
Old 2007-12-05, 00:49
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
When I was a moderator I tried to actually do the job and that basically made a lot of people hate me, and act as if I was doing it for my own pleasure when I made something someone didn't like.

It sucked.

So whatever, have fun.
FWIW, I never thought you did a bad job.

But then again, I'm a politician, so what the hell do I know, right?

I guess I just don't see the problem in filling a few core attributes - making a consensus decision with other mods, and explaining that decision. It's that simple. That's the problem members have had with moderation of late. Beyond that, the mod team has done a commendable job, imho.
Old 2007-12-05, 02:07
ffffff

Funfrock

um it's not like anything happens here anyway so like why do you need more moderators? you guys must be seriously bored or something.
Old 2007-12-05, 02:26
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
um it's not like anything happens here anyway so like why do you need more moderators? you guys must be seriously bored or something.
Yep. We're really, really, really, really bored.

Apparently, so bored that the admin of the forum felt the need to replace the empty moderator spot. That's how bored we are. So El must be bored too.

No one has mentioned the ultimate necessity another mod, except for Ido bringing up the question, randomly. All I simply said is that if we are getting a new mod, he/she might as well be selected democratically. That's all.

Might I suggest reading this thread for more info...
Old 2007-12-05, 03:15
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
All I simply said is that if we are getting a new mod, he/she might as well be selected democratically. That's all.

Might I suggest reading this thread for more info...
you didn't simply say anything you wrote a huge wall of text. if you were simply saying that you would have said something like "hey guys maybe we should take a vote on who should be the next moderator out of the people who want to do it".

also el in that thread was pretty much like "um your idea is kind of gay but i guess we need a new mod" so you fail basically.
Old 2007-12-05, 03:25
Magic Ball Master

So if my argument is a wall, I suppose that, what, Tolstoy is like Everest for you?

Try hooked on phonics.
Old 2007-12-05, 11:23
Idyllic + whimsical

Double-J no need to get so offended...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2007-12-05, 13:59
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
ok, last night kitarii had about 13-14 votes, and now, he has 24. It suddenly takes my mind to a certain wrestlefest...
Old 2007-12-05, 16:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K View Post
Double-J no need to get so offended...
Well, thus far, I've been insulted, and told my argument is meaningless.

I suppose I could respond with a Nazi statue, but alas, I'm having it polished at the moment.
Old 2007-12-05, 16:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule View Post
ok, last night kitarii had about 13-14 votes, and now, he has 24. It suddenly takes my mind to a certain wrestlefest...
To be quite honest, I didn't think we had more than 30 active members at most, and according to the poll, we have well over 50...

Regardless, Kitarii is a good egg. I'd be fine with him as mod.
Old 2007-12-05, 17:07
Idyllic + whimsical

I wondered about that bump too but I thought I'm just not remembering correctly last night's numbers.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2007-12-05, 17:43
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Indeed.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-12-05, 18:49
You what?!

Quote:
I'm just as surprised as you.
I don't know what happened and neither do you, so don't go throwing around accusations.
Old 2007-12-05, 21:15
formerly just angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliptic View Post
The point was to make life easier for the other mod (s) and I for one think that another mod would be a good idea. Especially as it would add a little more balance.

And for the record I agree with Double-J that it should be someone whose concerns are for the whole community of the MBN (including IRC). I am confident that most of the candidates would do a good job with a few reservations. As for this campaign to ridicule the election process....don't bloody vote - problem solved
Old 2007-12-06, 00:03
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
The point was to make life easier for the other mod (s) and I for one think that another mod would be a good idea. Especially as it would add a little more balance.

And for the record I agree with Double-J that it should be someone whose concerns are for the whole community of the MBN (including IRC). I am confident that most of the candidates would do a good job with a few reservations. As for this campaign to ridicule the election process....don't bloody vote - problem solved
How dare you use reason and logic. The wall of text has spoken!