Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2008-05-21, 09:43
Registered Schnitzel

Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Do we dare to dream?
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6190987.html
Old 2008-05-21, 09:49
>:C

Send a message via AIM to Mouserz Send a message via MSN to Mouserz Send a message via Yahoo to Mouserz
awesome.
Old 2008-05-21, 09:55
Zebrazilla

Ancel ftw.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2008-05-21, 10:53
Look beyond reality.

Hell yeah. Awesome.
See, Fred? Isn't that hard to make a sequel.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:11
weee

Yay.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:41
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
WOW SHITT !!!!!!! me would want it SO BAD !!! but I guess it will have the same fate as of Prince of Persia: Ghost of The Past
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2008-05-21, 13:36
Do the evolution.

I think he'll blow it. Just like he blew Rayman 3, and those god forsaken Raving Rabits. He'll do it some meaningless game, without the epicness.

"This time we are dealing with planet Hillys' future, and the relationship with animals...."

This sounds bad, like some ecological dumb ass game. Make it Epic! THe Domz still hold the galaxy in a grip! Show us something about Jade's parents, why was she hidden away! More powers an all. EPIC.

He's so going to ruin it.
Old 2008-05-21, 13:43
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I wouldnt get your hopes up yet.
OF COURSE Ancel wants to make more. This isnt news, its just reconfirming what he has said on many occasions.

But Ubisoft has to pay for it, and they seem too busy making Petzz6 and Babyzz2 or whatever.
I trust the developers, its the publisher I dont.
Old 2008-05-21, 13:44
Zebrazilla

Looks who's being the optimist today. :> Personally, I can't see anything that would indicate that he's about to ruin it. Then again - I can't see anything indicate the opposite. I'll just stay neutral on this point and await the coming suckiness and/or greatness.

Judging by that quote I immediately get pictures in my head of the game entirely revolving around taking pictures of animals. Entirely. Now that would be something...

LBA Speedruns
Old 2008-05-21, 14:26
Do the evolution.

Well that would be stupid, considering there is a plot line to continue, with Pey'J's little secret. Jade's parents and who she really is etc.
Old 2008-05-21, 14:31
Zebrazilla

Very true. Quite an amusing yet very disturbing thought, however. At least we can hope Ancel and his team won't screw it up that much. Which is doubtful. :>

LBA Speedruns
Old 2008-05-21, 14:31
Twinsunian Quetch

Spoiler:
"The pig lied to you ... he never told you who you were, what your origins were. Didn't you wonder all this time why you were snatched away from your parents' ?" or something like that ... so first of all, I want the DOMZ, I wanna know who that bitch at the end was ... you defeated her/him yet he/she is still alive ... Pey'J is now "infected" and who knows when this started (birth maybe ?) and what does he mean by "This time we are dealing with planet Hillys' future, and the relationship with animals...." ??? BGE was set on Hillys too and you had a VERY tight relationship with the animals in the first installment ... what the ???
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Darkflame; 2008-05-22 at 00:41.
Old 2008-05-21, 14:47
Do the evolution.

Use spoiler tags It probably means it's going to be an infantile game without any epicness of the previous installment, that's waht it means. Same when Ancel said about Rayman three he wanted a game that was "pure fun"... and he made a meaningless, moodless game...
Old 2008-05-21, 14:50
>:C

Send a message via AIM to Mouserz Send a message via MSN to Mouserz Send a message via Yahoo to Mouserz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
blahblahblahyou had a VERY tight relationship with the animals in the first installment ... what the ???
a bigger world with more free roaming and more wildlife most likely
Old 2008-05-21, 14:56
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
i'd surely buy it. and since Beyond Good & Evil is the only game that i legally bought in years, that should be a very important step for Ancel :P
Old 2008-05-21, 23:49

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
"We want to be in continuity with the first game, with a big variety of levels, lots of emotion in the gameplay, and characters we care about."

Doesn't sound that bad to me. I don't know how you definte epic. Lots of games that appeared epic were terrible wastes of storylines and some games that were not epic at all, were brilliant.

As far as "game development" goes: pre-production is part of development (in my opinion, the most important part). Ubisoft hasn't agreed to fund production, but they are working on preproduction, which is essential and may yet sway Ubisoft execs (that and the promise of millions and millions of dollars).
Old 2008-05-22, 00:44
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I dont see anything in the discription that is counter epic anyway.

They have a good engine, one which wasnt nearly used to its full in the first game.
(for example, you can swap items between charecters...how many times was that used? once? Likewise, it seems there is room for item combining and that wasnt used at all)
Its pretty clear any sequal will be the same engine.
Maybe upgraded, but hopefully not by much.
(imo, the first game looked lovely, just keep that and put all budget into gameplay/world design)
Old 2008-05-22, 00:55
LOLwut?

WoW!

I hope this project will be green-lighted!!

Maybe there are possibilities. Ancel wasn't working on the game before, is not like something that was always cancelled and/or delayed and or reformulated.

BGE 2 was jut not in production(until last year, it seems ^^)

I've hopes.

Hey! The Spore Creatures will work on my outdated PC, so why don't have a sequel of Beyond Good and Evil?

Haha I know, you're not seeing a connection. Here is: If there's enough justice in this world to let us play one of the most innovatives games around(Spore) there's enough justice for sequels of already great games.

I'm optimistic as hell today!

Old 2008-05-22, 01:07
Do the evolution.

Well Ancel did ruin the Rayman "franchise"... after Rayman 2 it's just downhill story and gamplay-wise. I think there's enough to at least be worried about.
Old 2008-05-22, 01:09
LOLwut?

True.

But developers like Ancel learn a lot of their own mistakes.

They aren't M$crosoft Minds..

Old 2008-05-22, 01:12

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Maybe. We'll see.
Old 2008-05-22, 02:26
Do the evolution.

Well to learn from your mistakes you're gotta acknowledge them, and he's all happy he's making such great games... while he's just cashing in on Rayman doing shitty "continuations"...
Old 2008-05-22, 08:22
Twinsunian Quetch

I really feel this is gonna be the next Jazz Jackrabbit 3
Old 2008-05-22, 09:33
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
I think he'll blow it. Just like he blew Rayman 3, and those god forsaken Raving Rabits. He'll do it some meaningless game, without the epicness.

"This time we are dealing with planet Hillys' future, and the relationship with animals...."

This sounds bad, like some ecological dumb ass game. Make it Epic! THe Domz still hold the galaxy in a grip! Show us something about Jade's parents, why was she hidden away! More powers an all. EPIC.

He's so going to ruin it.
I thought you already played it
http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....&postcount=155
Old 2008-05-22, 13:44
Do the evolution.

Yeah

That was a rather shameless labelling mix up .
That's what you get when you borrow pirated games.

I actually thought, while playing through the game that it's the second part. I only noticed I was wrong once I started looking for the "first part".......

Tags
games, videogames