Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-05-28, 17:30
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Anyway, back ontopic;

GhostBusters (Wii version) -
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=13208

Smooth, and I like the style, but the enviroments look very bland.
The beam-style gameplay seems to be exactly what Eleedees already did, so I'm kinda skeptical it will be better. (non-braned games often work harder then film IPs, after all)

The enviroments are probably going to be longer, but Eleedees must have had at least 10 times more objects in the enviroment being tosed about. Physics + Making a complete mess of an enviroment = fun Tosing stuff about with the wiimote is good use of the controlls too.
I'm looking forward to Eleedees2 a lot more then this. (allthough somehow I think this will get more sales -sigh-)
Ninty fans should be boycotting the Wii version. The devs (readily) admitted that the Wii version is getting watered down, with an altered storyline, and done by different developers.
Old 2009-05-28, 17:56
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Will Heavy Rain come to PC?
Not according to the dev, as per IGN. It's going to be a PS3 exclusive title. Of course, so was Splinter Cell (X-Box) and Bioshock (PC/360), which were then ported to Sony consoles, so who knows.
Old 2009-05-28, 18:11
Magic Ball Master

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/986/986991p1.html
Old 2009-05-28, 18:20
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Ninty fans should be boycotting the Wii version. The devs (readily) admitted that the Wii version is getting watered down, with an altered storyline, and done by different developers.
Altered story? didnt know that. Seems rather pointless.

Nothing wrong with getting a different version by a different developer though, given the huge differences in both specs and controlls for the Wii, thats to be expected. (trying to dual develop for ps360 and wii youd probably end up with the worst for everyone :P)

But yeah, I'm very skeptical its getting 1/10th the budget or attention the other versions are. And as (by the looks of it) the gameplay has already been done before on the Wii, its not something I'll be picking up.

I am curious how the other versions will be though.
Old 2009-05-28, 18:28
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Altered story? didnt know that. Seems rather pointless.

Nothing wrong with getting a different version by a different developer though, given the huge differences in both specs and controlls for the Wii, thats to be expected. (trying to dual develop for ps360 and wii youd probably end up with the worst for everyone :P)

But yeah, I'm very skeptical its getting 1/10th the budget or attention the other versions are. And as (by the looks of it) the gameplay has already been done before on the Wii, its not something I'll be picking up.

I am curious how the other versions will be though.
Don't get me wrong, I was quite psyched for the Wii version when I first heard about Ghostbusters, primarily because 1.) it would be sick to be a Ghostbuster with a Wiimote and 2.) the local multiplayer would be nifty. But then I read about the dev shifting responsibility for the Wii version to another dev, and it was kind of like...hmm. Then, the storyline is changed...apparently the 360/PS3 versions follow Aykroyd/Ramis's original script fairly closely, while the Wii version is a bit more "kid-friendly."
Old 2009-05-28, 18:48
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Wahh..ah...what? ^_-
Ghostbusters is hardly "adult" material to start with.
Sure, Ghostbusters2 had some scary moments, but no more then say, Doctor Who or other "kids scary things".
Gezz...talk about dumbing down.

Quote:
1.) it would be sick to be a Ghostbuster with a Wiimote
You should try to play Eleedees(/Eleebits) sometime, as thats exactly what it is.

The enviroments at the start of the game are a bit small, but once it opens up and your gun gets more powerfull, its a real fun. The graphics are probably offputtingly simple, but once you start tosing house's about a cityscape you forget about it :P
Old 2009-05-28, 18:51
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Wahh..ah...what? ^_-
Ghostbusters is hardly "adult" material to start with.
Sure, Ghostbusters2 had some scary moments, but no more then say, Doctor Who or other "kids scary things".
Gezz...talk about dumbing down.

You should try to play Eleedees(/Eleebits) sometime, as thats exactly what it is.

The enviroments at the start of the game are a bit small, but once it opens up and your gun gets more powerfull, its a real fun. The graphics are probably offputtingly simple, but once you start tosing house's about a cityscape you forget about it :P
Yeah, I've had Elebits for ages now. It's not bad, I don't enjoy some of the controls, but it was fun. My problem is that simple things were annoying - opening a door, for example, made me want to slam my penis into a doorjam.
Old 2009-05-28, 19:22
Classic

oh, ok then :P
I didnt so much mind opening a door as keeping the frelling thing open -_- That was a real pain when trying to move something from one room to another.
They should have made the doors close a lot slower, or not even have them auto-close at all. (allthough I suspect that was a trick to save cpu power..seperating rooms from eachother)

Yeah, the game isnt perfect by any means, but I did like the physical-ness of it all. I'm hoping with fine-tuning the sequal can be great.
Maybe see it at E3.
Old 2009-05-28, 20:09
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
So what's all this I hear about Ubisoft showing LBA3 at E3?
Old 2009-05-28, 20:35
Classic

Yes, its next to the Duke Nukem forever stand, behind Okami2 and the FF7 remake.
--
Fragile (Wii)-

Not new, but finaly confirmation this wonderfull looking RPG is making its way to America.
(and thus, the chances of Europe jump upwards)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/987/987312p1.html

I went off RPGs quite a bit recently, but the near-future non-cliche distopia setting looks much more original then the normal generic-fantasy rubbish.
Gameplay looks more puzzle based too.

Budget wise it looks like a lot went into this, so I'm quite supprised it hasnt been announced for other formats.
Nothing looks particularly wii-specific.

Incidently, this game has the coolest disk art ever;
:P

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-05-28 at 20:43.
Old 2009-05-29, 00:10
Little Bastard Warrior.

I totally confounded with the Wii finally getting serious and good support.

I just saw the playthrough of Dead Space for the Wii on IGN. A Party Space Horror? That's ... incoherent. And it looks like a must buy somehow.

Rabbids Go Home looks like and amazing amount of fun too.

Oh DF, that disc is great. It's all about the small details!
Old 2009-05-29, 01:00
Do the evolution.

Darkflame that game looks like something I would really like to play. Not going to stand in front of a tv waving my hand like crazy though...
Old 2009-05-29, 01:29
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
Darkflame that game looks like something I would really like to play. Not going to stand in front of a tv waving my hand like crazy though...
Who cares about what the other kids are laughing at. Waving your hands like crazy is fun.
Old 2009-05-29, 01:58
Do the evolution.

Of course it is! doing it in front of the "screen" is kinda not fun though.
Old 2009-05-29, 02:14
weee

Well if you want to get philosophisiological, the "screen" is just a proxy between you and the machine, so technicalically you wave your hands like crazy to communicate with the game, which is more fun than moving a mere mouse.
Old 2009-05-29, 02:20
Do the evolution.

Actually, I would rather say that it's an even more addiction to the "screen" (meaning the TV). The first stage was just staring at it, now it's waving at it. You're being conditioned!!!
Old 2009-05-29, 02:47
Idyllic + whimsical

I'd have to agree with Jasiek on this one, I like playing my PS2 while lying on my bed and having my arms down, I really don't feel like playing a game that requires any slight physical effort on my side.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2009-05-29, 03:02
weee

Hmm. When you put it that way, you got a point. Someone should invent a gaming machine that interfaces directly with your frontal lobe, so that no muscle movement is needed at all. *fantasizes*
Old 2009-05-29, 14:51
Classic

Its a huge misconception you have to wave your hand about.
If your a few feet back from the TV, you move your hand no more then you do for a mouse. At least, for FPS games, on games that use the wiimote as a pointer. Obviously not for sports stuff or anything where your moving it as a bat etc

(which I think is all Fragile use's it for...like Mario, I think its 90% traditional controlls).
I still think the Wii's seperated controller is actualy more comfortable when theres no motion controlls anyway. I wish all controllers had a split like that, so you can put your arms however you like,.

Regarding energy use though, if a game is good/exciting, imho, your body will be burning way more then any "controller motions" in terms of heart rate, adrenaline anyway.

Pretty sure stuff like Penumbra burnt more of my energy when I'm doing absolutely bugger all then most games do when I'm at full pace

Quote:
Rabbids Go Home looks like and amazing amount of fun too.
Maybe, personaly I gave up on them after the first game was horribly buggy.
I found it a bit insulting Ubisoft released it actualy.

===
Sky TV's online survice hits the Xbox360 - http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-featu...Sky-290509.htm

Gota love their stupid image;
Old 2009-05-29, 15:53
Classic

Drawn To Life 2 (DS) - Sounds like a fun platform game, hopefully less shallow then the first. Seems to take elements of Cryon Physics this time, letting you draw on the landscape, as well as the normal drawning your own charecter fun;

Quote:
IGN: Oh nice. So I could run around with my newly-created monkey creature, equip the yo-yo, and have him attack enemies with a yo-yo hanging off his tail? I've got that right?Miah: Yeah
http://ds.ign.com/articles/986/986981p3.html

Drawn To Life (Wii) - Umm..like the above, but obviously with different graphics.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/987/987107p2.html

Sounds like the physics is better though;
Quote:
IGN: So could you draw an anvil and drop it on an enemy?

Jason: Exactly. There's a lot of that in the game… draw a boulder and have it roll down a hill and crush guys. And actually yeah, there's a sequence I was looking at the other day where you actually draw a big circle where your character is in the middle of it.

IGN: Haha. Hampster ball, right?

Jason: Yup.
Guess it would be a bit LBPish, only without the sharing aspex.

Or maybe more like a 2D Spore...

Quote:
Both us and 5TH Cell kind of went in different direction on the create tool, so on the DS version you can add up to four arms and four legs, and resize the arms, legs, head, and all that. With ours we wanted to determine where all the limbs go. It's called the "joint editor," so you can now move limbs wherever you want and then havethem bend and move in different ways to. The goal was for players to be able to take a regular stick man and move it so that the arms come off the top of the head you could do that, or if you wanted to draw like… a short… little… plumber guy… in red and blue.
---
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Complete remake, basicaly;
http://wii.ign.com/articles/987/987412p1.html
Old 2009-05-29, 16:13
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN PS3
For the record, the site adds a P, a 6, and a 0 (or the letter O or a square). Additionally, someone who looks like Raiden (but who may not actually be Raiden) now appears at the site along side someone who looks like Big Boss (but who may not actually be Big Boss).
^ Latest Kojima teaser update.
Old 2009-05-29, 16:32
weee

Quote:
Gota love their stupid image;
Omg! Microsoft invents a gaming system that only take up half a room! How modern of them!
Old 2009-05-29, 17:13
Classic

Also, notice how well made Sky's mock-up of their remote is compared with the crappy Xbox360 mock up :P
Old 2009-05-29, 18:05
Magic Ball Master

Meh, I haven't used any of the movie/TV downloads from PSN, I'm not sure how it's going to differ from the Microsoft service but my biggest thing would be the DRM/being able to move my files where and when I want. AFAIK you can either "rent" (time sensitive) or buy files but they're only available on the PS3. Which is really, really annoying. If I buy a movie on that service, put it in a format (or give choices...MPEG4, DivX, etc.) that I can use elsewhere and let me do with it what I wish.

Why would I download an entire season of a TV show if I could only watch it on my PS3? Kind of useless, 5 years down the road, when a new console comes out.
Old 2009-05-29, 18:49
Classic

Well, exactly.
Sadly then studios are absolutely against using open formats though.

Tags
games, videogames