Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Old 2013-04-27, 23:20
Previously Link

Regarding impartiality, I was wondering what this was about: http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....0&postcount=28.
So basically, what's the offense? "evil people". Hmm, that's got to hurt!
It surely deserves a public excuse to Anakin for not bringing justice right away.

While, in a nutshell:
get battler to shut up
you're stupid
the most wishy-washy, dull and insipid person I know
cheat, pedophile
kill yourselves
you are a pedophile who hates jews
I smile at the thought of all you people dying horrible, painful deaths
you are a terrible human being
it was just a cheap snipe at obras
... are all perfectly cool things to say to other members.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:31
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
Regarding impartiality, I was wondering what this was about: http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....0&postcount=28.
It surely deserves a public excuse to Anakin for not bringing justice right away.

While, in a nutshell:
get battler to shut up
you're stupid
cheat, pedophile
kill yourselves
^ This. Thanks for pointing it out. Why was Kasia reprimanded for saying Anakin and A_LIPSTICK are "evil people" but none of the above got any kind of reprimand, let at all any kind of other action taken?
Old 2013-04-27, 23:32
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
^ This. Thanks for pointing it out. Why was Kasia reprimanded for saying Anakin and A_LIPSTICK are "evil people" but none of the above got any kind of reprimand, let at all any kind of other action taken?
^ this. I hereby demand to be banned for 30 days.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:34
You what?!

Link my apology to Anakin was a joke, I do sometimes try and make them but clearly it has not gone very well so I shall not bother again.

Aside from that, I would like to remind you that every single reported post is discussed in the moderators forum and the appropriate action is decided. If a post is not reported we are much less likely to act on it. We discuss many other issues which we deem to be a problem in the supermods forum that even the likes of JMcKalling do not see.

So, if something has offended you personally, report it.
We won't go around the forum reading every single post and decide whether or not someone might have got upset over it.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:39
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post

While, in a nutshell:
get battler to shut up
you're stupid
cheat, pedophile
kill yourselves
<3 Link <3
Old 2013-04-27, 23:40
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
We won't go around the forum reading every single post and decide whether or not someone might have got upset over it.
That's like a Police Officer saying it's not his duty to go around and patrol the city for crimes, and that if people want a crime dealt with, they need to specifically report it to the police.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:43
Neko

Quote:
That's like a Police Officer saying it's not his duty to go around and patrol the city for crimes, and that if people want a crime dealt with, they need to specifically report it to the police.
No not at all actually. It means the police cannot be everywhere 24/7 and that's why civillians have the ability to call the police.

It's precicely the same xD
Old 2013-04-27, 23:44
~

Quote:
Link my apology to Anakin was a joke, I do sometimes try and make them but clearly it has not gone very well so I shall not bother again.

Aside from that, I would like to remind you that every single reported post is discussed in the moderators forum and the appropriate action is decided. If a post is not reported we are much less likely to act on it. We discuss many other issues which we deem to be a problem in the supermods forum that even the likes of JMcKalling do not see.

Well, my first infraction was for reporting posts which were offensive for me.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:48
Welcome to Zirla!

So basically, we get told to report posts we think are offensive/against the rules, but then we risk getting an infraction if the Moderators don't agree with our reports? Why?
Old 2013-04-27, 23:52
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Well, my first infraction was for reporting posts which were offensive for me.
You got an infraction for reporting ?????!!!!!!!! What the hell !!!!!!!!!!
Old 2013-04-27, 23:52
Previously Link

Quote:
I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not. Either case, the infraction and delete post are no joke. Your humor sounds a bit cynical to me.

Quote:

Well, thankfully some of their posts have been reported and deleted.
I'll make sure to report them as soon as I notice them from now on.
Not that they offend me personally, but I'm tired of reading those provocations/insults in every single fucking thread, and even more tired of the endless arguments that follow.
Besides, my point here is merely that Kasia's calling for ignoring them does not come out of the blue.
Old 2013-04-27, 23:55
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Well of course.
It was the day when Kitarii came out of nowhere after some period of being barely active. And he gave me an infarction for reporting Double-J's posts offending me in the thread where we "talked" about zoophilia.

The second infraction I received today for, let me quote, "Insulted other member: direct personal attack". Lovely, isn't it?
Old 2013-04-28, 00:00
You what?!

Quote:
Yes that's absolutely right. If your house is getting robbed, do you expect the police to already be there waiting to catch the thief? You're going to need to call them.

Quote:
So basically, we get told to report posts we think are offensive/against the rules, but then we risk getting an infraction if the Moderators don't agree with our reports? Why?
First of all, no. Don't take Kasia's summarised story and make such a sweeping generalisation. Kasia was reporting excessively, posts that even you Battler would not have considered worth reporting. They were coming in multiples of 10 each day on every single post DJ made - this was not just one report.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:03
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
For spamming the report button even for posts where nothing out of line was posted
Old 2013-04-28, 00:03
~

Quote:
Yes that's absolutely right. If your house is getting robbed, do you expect the police to already be there waiting to catch the thief? You're going to need to call them.
First of all, no. Don't take Kasia's summarised story and make such a sweeping generalisation. Kasia was reporting excessively, posts that even you Battler would not have considered worth reporting. They were coming in multiples of 10 each day on every single post DJ made - this was not just one report.
EXCEUSE ME? OK, now I'm angry, cause this is a goddamn lie.
My reports for DJ all came from one night. ONE SINGLE NIGHT, when I was crying and felt as insulted as never before in my life.
Note that I was respectful for him, but he kept on offending me.
And I didn't report ALL of the posts he posted in that thread, only those which actually WERE disrespectful and made me feel very, very bad.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:05
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
For spamming the report button even for posts where nothing out of line was posted
Well, so give A_LIPSTICK an infraction each time she says something doesn't fit her moral code.
This is precisely what I did. I did CHOOSE those posts. I read each of them and those which were meant to offend me were reported.
It's not your thing to judge what should and what shouldn't make me feel bad.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:06
You what?!

As already stated, everything was discussed in the mods forum, and I sent you a PM before issuing any infractions asking you to stop over reporting (to which you replied very rudely), which you ignored and then received a single 5 point infraction (which has already expired).
Old 2013-04-28, 00:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia
And he gave me an infarction for reporting Double-J's posts offending me in the thread where we "talked" about zoophilia.
WTF... the rules don't even say any kind of reporting is forbidden. That infraction was definitely NOT warranted. I think it's power abuse.
Also, it really is laughable that Kasia gets infraction for saying two memebers are "evil people" which is really mild but none of what Link just reported, ever got punished in any way.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:10
You what?!

Battler do you even read posts that don't mirror your opinions to the letter?
If you want to be taken seriously in a discussion, you need to give people the same courtesy you expect of them. I have read your posts, please read mine.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:11
~

Quote:
As already stated, everything was discussed in the mods forum, and I sent you a PM before issuing any infractions asking you to stop over reporting (to which you replied very rudely), which you ignored and then received a single 5 point infraction (which has already expired).
At that point I became angry.
As I said, you came out of nowhere and sent me a message which was worse than spitting on my face. I was treated like a toy that you can trample a night before, and then you come to tell me I shouldn't have felt bad because of it.
So yes, then I thought, THIS IS TERRIBLY UNFAIR. And I reported Rex-Holywood's post which was offensive and apparently JESSE DELETED IT, but at the same time I got an infraction for reporting too much.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:12
~

Quote:
If you want to be taken seriously in a discussion, you need to give people the same courtesy you expect of them. I have read your posts, please read mine.
But what you are saying is a little part of the whole situation, seen from the mod's point of view. And you were wrong.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:13
~

Quote:
a single 5 point infraction (which has already expired).
For god's sake.
You sound like a huckster.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:15
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
OK, I just read it. But still, Kasia might just be someone who easily gets offended. Some people can take even very risque jokes right, some not. To say she was over-reporting simply because you so happened to not get offended by Double-J's posts, is incredibly insenstitive. It's basically going "I don't mind those posts, so who cares if you do". And this is the very attitude from forum staff that I've been complaining about for years now.
Old 2013-04-28, 00:18
ffffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
^ this. I hereby demand to be banned for 30 days.
if you get to be banned for 30 days then so should i. it's simply not fair that you're the one who always gets infractions and not me.

also has anyone ever seen the movie falling down?
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2013-04-28, 00:21
~

An example.
One may find it disrespectful, one may not. But people don't talk to me this way, ever. So for me, yes, it is hurtful.