Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-26, 16:54
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Stepping down as moderator

Some of you might have seen this thread and particulary this post.
I've been called to attention by a few other members, pointing out that I was behaving like a hypocrit, especially due to other posts I made regarding flames. I do believe I have had proper reasons to react the way I did in this thread, but I should have reacted more professional.

Due to this and other comments I made, I feel my credibility is too far gone to continue to moderate the MBN. After all, if I flamed someone, regardless if I found it justified or not, I would not be in the position to critisize other members for the same behavior.

And so, I step down and give my position to someone else to try
Old 2004-11-26, 17:12
the legend

Ohhh, you cant leave atre!!

but if its your choice, well, *ahem*

me or talles!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-11-26, 17:13
weee

Please Atresica, don't.
Nobody wants your to quit (at least nobody who counts).
You're a great moderator, way better than myself and I'm not "just saying that", and I think most people here knows it. The fact you have your own opinion and you don't always do "as expected" makes you a good mod. You do what you think is right, and just because some people said some things doesn't mean you have to take this so far.

Please reconsider, loosing you would be a REAL shame, and I'm sure this thread is yet to get many posts agreeing with me.
Old 2004-11-26, 17:15
Magic Ball Master

Yikes, is that all of the mod Old Guard gone now? Still if you think its best, that's cool Atre and I don't think anyone can disagree that your opinions will still be respected in threads (especially with the innundation these days of somewhat cerberally-lacking n00bs).
Old 2004-11-26, 17:17
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister
Yikes, is that all of the mod Old Guard gone now? Still if you think its best, that's cool Atre and I don't think anyone can disagree that your opinions will still be respected in threads (especially with the innundation these days of somewhat cerberally-lacking n00bs).
yeah:
Quote:
THINK OF THE N00BS! WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE N00BS!!!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-11-26, 17:18
weee

Btw, I made many mistakes too. This is not the government and this is not politics. It's much easier and much more right to say "I'm sorry I flamed, won't happen again" than to quit!
Old 2004-11-26, 17:20
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
I'm not leaving people, just stepping down as a mod.
Don't worry, I'll still hang around here

I'm just not sure whether I'm still credible enough to be a mod
Old 2004-11-26, 17:22
LBA fan

Well, it wasn't my intention to make you retire or anything.
I felt sorry for OBrasileiro because he acted in a very humble and polite way and even so people started insulting him, so I defended him; pointing out your hypocrisy was just the easier way to do it, since you seem to care about morality et cetera.
From a practical aspect this is the best thing to do, because you not only get to be remembered for doing the right thing but you also become a martyr.
Ethically however, I suppose the best thing to do would be changing, and if you consider your moderation bad, becoming a good one.

Anyhow. If you're really stepping down, in my opinion there shouldn't be any new moderator, because we don't need one.

--
EDIT: (now that some other people posted... is this a "I'm no longer a moderator" thread or a "Please tell me to stay" thread?)
Old 2004-11-26, 17:22
the legend

sure you are!!

You are the most strict competent mod ever!
Old 2004-11-26, 17:39
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur
now that some other people posted... is this a "I'm no longer a moderator" thread or a "Please tell me to stay" thread?
(which is ok too, we're only humans)
Old 2004-11-26, 18:07
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur
EDIT: (now that some other people posted... is this a "I'm no longer a moderator" thread or a "Please tell me to stay" thread?)
Well, I can't deny I enjoy the attention ^_^
No but seriously, I was thinking of really stepping down. However your comment regarding to it and my chat with Chaosfish made me think about whether it really is a good idea. I'm not interested in being right, I just want this place to run smoothly
Chaosfish also brought up the fact that I never ever had said sorry if I made a mistake regarding to just about anything. I barely noticed that so I can understand why the hypocrit part.

So... I'll stay as mod, however, to anyone I've ever treatened badly or unjustly:

*bows*
SORRY! PERDON! 抱歉!
Old 2004-11-26, 18:18
weee

W00
Old 2004-11-26, 18:26
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
OK

This makes you more or less an attention whore (saying something and then stepping back after a couple of hours), but I'm glad you chose to stay
Old 2004-11-26, 18:29
weee

Stfu morshem
Old 2004-11-26, 18:33
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Yeah, that comment was actually really hypocritical, because I did the same thing many times
Old 2004-11-26, 18:53
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
OK

This makes you more or less an attention whore (saying something and then stepping back after a couple of hours), but I'm glad you chose to stay
Meh, I probably do but if I was really whoring for attention I would have said I would leave the MBN because "everybody hates me"
Old 2004-11-26, 19:47
Magic Ball Master

Yay!
Old 2004-11-26, 21:36
Magic Ball Master

noooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!
Old 2004-11-26, 22:16
Look beyond reality.

- 'Guy's ill step up as a moderator, you can't change it'
+ 'No, don't..'
- 'Okay, I won't..'
Old 2004-11-27, 00:09
What is this place?

*sigh*

I didn't post this to draw attention nor to see whether people cared enough about me. I felt that the situation went out of control and thought this was the proper thing to do. However stepping out would have been an easy solution and Chaosfish asked me to reconsidder my decision. I also felt that this would not accomplish anything for the MBN.

As Medur pointed out:
Quote:
From a practical aspect this is the best thing to do, because you not only get to be remembered for doing the right thing but you also become a martyr.
Ethically however, I suppose the best thing to do would be changing, and if you consider your moderation bad, becoming a good one.
I just want this community to run well.

I know it looks stupid now (and attention seeking and what's so ever), but I'm not the drama-queen type of person.
Old 2004-11-27, 02:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
/me ties atresica to the forum with a industral stength chain

Your not leaving me and choas to deal with this lot!
Old 2004-11-27, 04:40

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Medur: You should have sided with abuse of forum members, instead of hypocracy. EVERYBODY is a hypocrit at one point or another. Everybody does something that contradicts their earlier statements.

Atresica: You made a mistake. Thanks for apologizing. Try not to do it again.

To everyone else: If you start cussing at O_Bras again, I will smear your f***** brains against the well.

Just Kidding. Just try to be nice in the future. Atresica was also not the only one who was insulting the guy.
Old 2004-11-27, 08:49
Still in a dream...

Nice to see an apology... I don't think it was needed though. But good on you.
Old 2004-11-27, 11:25
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Well, this sure was neccesary.

*things go back to normal*
Old 2004-11-27, 15:02
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Actually, this was very interesting, I actually began to think that you didn't realize when you made mistakes. Now you proved that you did, and that makes me think much higher thoughts about you, Atresica. I think that the fact that you considered resigning show that you take those recent incidents serious, and that is good. Welcome back, I think that something good will come out of this!

Quote:
this is not politics.
We don't share the same view

Quote:
To everyone else: If you start cussing at O_Bras again, I will smear your f***** brains against the well.
Yes, the flaming here recently is very negative (I am not thinking about the incident that created this thread, because I consider it finished now that Atresica asked for an appology and all that) and now I hope that you mods will finally do something and make sure the rules that you've set up are being followed (I cant, so you have to do it).

Last edited by Gustav Sweden; 2004-11-27 at 15:08.
Closed Thread