Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2002-06-20, 23:03

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Temple of Bu

I was looking over the maps of the temple, and during the prossess I though of something. The entire movie might take a while to shoot and we already know that there will be things that we'll have to not include from the game. Well, I just thought, that maybe in the first level of the temple Twinsen can use his meca-penguin on the lever to open up the door. Other reasons besides saving a lot of map development is that it can be more original (since Twinsen has to get the statue a second time later on) and perhaps a bit amusing. I don't know. If you totaly disagree with this idea I could agree with you since that first level is the one with the most action in it. In any case, I just thought you might like to know about this.
Old 2002-06-21, 08:35
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
I think it would be best if Twinsen walked through the whole first map to get that statue(because like you said, it's the one with most of the action in it).
Maybe on the second one he can't find the statue and tries his penguin like you said.
Old 2002-06-21, 09:21

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Yes Assissan, thats also what I wanted to point out. But the thing is, is that Twinsen might look stupid if he uses the penguin the second time without realising that he couldn't use it before. But that does sound much better then what I had mentioned previously.
Old 2002-06-21, 13:52
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
We can make him search for the statue first and when he can't find it, he gives up and sits down near the button, at that moment a penguin escapes from his inventory, Twinsen screams: Hey, come back!, and goes after it.
The penguin hits the button and stand still on it (batterys ruin low or something ).
That could solve the problem (I think).
Old 2002-06-21, 14:51
Magic Ball Master

Assassin-

Question: How is Twinsen's inventory going to be displayed it the game? Is he gonna pull stuff from under his tunic or what?
Old 2002-06-21, 15:06
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
Well, I also though t it would be a boring part to see Twinsen running for hours in the temple, avoiding 4-5 skeletons, pushing a statue for miles.....
So I really think we should avoid that long developpment, even if it wont save map creation time, cause anyway we'll see a big part of this temple.

Here is how I see that : Twinsen quickly sees that he must push the floor lever to open the door, and there are details that show him that the end of his quest is behind that door. So he tries many time to pass the big door, tries to put rocks on the lever....
Nothink works. Then he begins to go in the level, and then, after the first peaceful rooms, he arrives in a high roof place (no need to change the game's one a lot, from where he can see very far, the troubles, the dangers, the statue....he's desperated, goes back to find another solution, and then he tries (or accidentaly...) his meca pinguin, andd as the meca goes over the lever (he doesnt stop), T jumps in the door.

Later, he's forced to take the statue for the 2nd door (not too long and hard

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.
Old 2002-06-21, 19:02
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Sounds like a pretty good idea.
Allthough if possible, I want all maps EXACTLY as the game. (of course, the roof can be made up to be anything we want )

Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
Assassin-

Question: How is Twinsen's inventory going to be displayed it the game? Is he gonna pull stuff from under his tunic or what?
Yup, its all in his tunic.
some items will need to be rescaled, and he won't carry as much at a time.
Also, I was thinking of the magic ball being absorbed into his hand.
Old 2002-06-21, 19:12
Wish of eternity...

Hum I'm studying this map right now and it seems that physically Twinsen can see the statue from the lever room, with a high enough roof
No problem LOLOL

And it would make a pretty scene to show Twinsen's wiev swapping between the millions of dangers he would have to pass to bring the statue back until him just to send the meca on the lever.

------------

Old 2002-06-21, 19:56
Magic Ball Master

I also had this idea for the tree log trap:

Twinsen stands in front of a corridor with gaps in the floor with spikes beneath it and those weird animals shooting fireballs when stepping on the wrong stone. Twinsen sighs, mumples something like "well, this couldn't get any worse", starts walking when the spikey log falls behind him and starts rolling towards him. Then he starts running, avoiding slightly different stones in the floor to prevent getting shot with fireballs and jumping over gaps, until he can stand in a gab in the wall to see the log roll by.

Oh well. Just an idea.
Old 2002-06-21, 20:13
Wish of eternity...

Well it changes a liitle to much the game map, the spikes beneath the holes and the hole in the wall.

But yeah he studies the big room where he is realizes that if he falls he could have problems to go back on the top. Then he starts walking , the log falls, and he runs as a mad avoiding the diffferent stones.
As we're forced to make in the game, he jumps on the corner as soon as possible to avoid the log.

Then, by going on, the log could hurt him in the leg. That would interesting for the rest of the quest : he cant run quickly and so must use different ways to progress.

Then as the log goes on, Twinsen is hurted but happy cause he feels it's OK for this part of the temple. Alas! an other log falls again, and terrified, Twinsen limps quickly until the end of the corridor. He forgets to take care to the strange stones ( it's indeed at the end of the corridor that there are some) and as he walkes on one, by an ultimate reflex, he stops immediatly as 4 fireballs jump just close to his head. Then he jumps forward and rolls until the door.......

He'll be healed by the magic book at the end of the temple

------------

Old 2002-06-22, 15:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
hmz..I think we don't need magic to heal him.
If the injory isn't too bad (ie, Flesh wound, not a broken leg), he will be healed before his next major fight anyway.
(remember, his injories will heal in real time, so any "traveling time" skipped in the film, will allow most injories to heal).
====
I've been thinking, it might be better to have Twinsen walk the whole map first, as Assassin surgested.
At first I thought it would be too boring, but I think if we showed it as a montage it might work.
Old 2002-06-22, 15:56
Wish of eternity...

It's exactly the contrary from what I think to. I'd have been original to show the hero escaping from a huge task intelligently, for one time in a movie.....

But [RMP]FP always have a solution !

Let's do that : Twinsen (as the poor innocent he is) passes millions of dangers to bring back this &#@$ statue (statue that proves at least that HE is the heir), after having tried unsuccesfully to put rocks on the lever.

But as he've in his last forces destroyed the 2 skeletons that keep the last room before the lever, while pushing the statue, the meca pinguin that he has escapes from his tunic (or anything : he had tried to use it on skeletons, or he sends it away to be able to push the statue easierly), walks until the lever and activates it by passing over. Then we can show Twinsen's defeated face...

He'll take back the meca-pinguin to use it on the next lever, even if the statue of it wasnt far......

--------

About the healing : when Twinsen passes a level in the game, his health and magic come back to their max value, I really think this should be jkept : by reading that book, Twinsen becomes much more strong, quick ect., it's not a simple artefact, it allows Twionsen to destroy much stronger clones. This requires some magic effects, if you ask me.
We mustnt remove any magic from the movie, it was quite present in the game, so a magic scene every time he passes a level wont at all be too much

------------

Old 2002-06-22, 17:21
Classic

I don't want to remove magic at all, I'm just not sure we should have an injory, that is only there was a relatively brief time.
-
Your solution seem cool
I think I'd still like to show twinsen looking at all the traps and stuff earlier though, that would make a good camera shot.
Old 2002-06-22, 17:51
Wish of eternity...

A slight but quite handicapping injury at the knee would be interessant to me : I saw months ago a short movie (5 mn) where a sort of Indiana John passed through a temple full of dangers (like Bu's temple), and at a moment a trap hurts him at the knee. He's then forced to run pursued by a big ball, with his dead leg. That made an incredibly epic scene, he was forced to jump in a hole etc. to avoid the ball....

It would be interessant for the rest of the quest, he couldnt go as in the beginning, running, jumping over spikes. The meca would then avoid him to have to take the 2nd statue, and you could make an excellent effect for a quite hidden healing, as he reads Bu's temple (I feel extremely well here a camera plan on the pages of the Boo turning with a fusion with Twinsen's back wiev as Twinsen fills up of a sort of magic aura that gives him the power to understand animals and to have a stronger magic ball.

Note : this short movie wasnt really epic in fact, at the end the hero arrives to the treasure : two big gold men. As he touches them he becomes himself a gold man, and then we see : "2 years later", two young men entering the temple "nice, let's find those "three gold men"....

Hum I got lots of epic scene ideas there, that's normal, I listen to Warcraft III's trailer music : listen to Warcraft III's trailer music and you'll see Ahhh nothing to say, those guys of Blizzard are pure masters !

------------

Old 2002-06-23, 23:54
Magic Ball Master

offtopic:

/me likes Indiana Jones!

DJ LIEKS IJ!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, there making new games, check out IGN/Gamespot!
Old 2002-07-21, 16:15
On top of the Well

Seeing as the temple is one of the main parts of the game, and u go there fairly near the beginning, should there not be a lot of action?
There isn't really big chunks of action until the temple of bu, so (this is just a suggestion) why not have twinsen,when he is running away from the log, fall and go into the "punishment area" below,he goes thru it,and gets away from the second log that falls.
You could do the meca penguin idea for the first area and the punishment area idea for the second and he has to find the 2nd statue for the third area.
This still has action but u dont have to watch twinsen shuvin a statue around for ages.
Old 2002-07-22, 19:46
Wish of eternity...

Twinsen wont take too long to join the statue, and we could skip parts when he pushes it.
I'd prefer him to watch the danger of falling in the punition area, but to avoid it then.

------------

Old 2002-07-23, 19:13
Wish of eternity...

BTW - I've modelled that for Bu's temple some weeks ago.
I'm quite happy of the bump mapping effects on it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jar.jpg‎
Views:	193
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1092  

------------

Old 2002-07-23, 21:54
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
Thumbs Up

Nice work

I agree with the first time statue, second time pinguinidea.