Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-09-15, 15:34
Magic Ball Master

LBA Screen Viewer [discuss]

Hey guys,

Here's another program that allows you to view all types of LBA special images, including *.lim, *.brk, *.lsp, *.lsr and allows you to open the images directly from the HQR/ILE files. This ins't so powerfull like the El Muerte LBA Viewer but have nice features. Allows you to export to Bitmap too.
The program is a little slow yet but nothing enhance.

Download: LBA Screen Viewer.rar [320 Kb]

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2005-09-17 at 14:12.
Old 2004-09-16, 10:44
!!!!!

Still a little buggy, but it works and it's not even that slow.

Well done!
Old 2004-09-16, 12:38
Banned

Good work, guys. Great programs, anyway.
Old 2004-09-16, 16:47
Magic Ball Master

Thanks.

ChoasFish: the bugs you're talking is for some LBA2 HQR? Instead of appear the right image appear a black screen?
Don't know why this happens. If I extract the image an open it itself the image appear without problems, but in HQR no

Btw, if anyone had a sugestion I'm here to hear

Old 2004-09-17, 09:16
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: Does your program decompress the files, loaded from HQR's, or just load the compressed data. If it loads the compressed data, it will certainly not load it correctly. So, I suggest to check for it. OK?
Old 2004-09-17, 16:37
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
- alexfont: Does your program decompress the files, loaded from HQR's, or just load the compressed data. If it loads the compressed data, it will certainly not load it correctly. So, I suggest to check for it. OK?
I decompress but not when the Compress is 2 The others one are correct.
I will try to fix it

Old 2004-09-17, 17:20
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
ChoasFish: the bugs you're talking is for some LBA2 HQR? Instead of appear the right image appear a black screen?
Don't know why this happens. If I extract the image an open it itself the image appear without problems, but in HQR no
For me it doesn't always work even when I'm extracting it.
Old 2004-09-17, 19:45
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
For me it doesn't always work even when I'm extracting it.
Can you tell me exactly whitch file you're trying to open?

Old 2004-09-17, 21:41
Fruto di tutti frutti

Lba 2 Sprites' offset values are signed, some of them have for example offsetX=230, and it means -25. Your prog treat it as an unsigned value and display it out of drawing field.
Old 2004-09-18, 06:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
Lba 2 Sprites' offset values are signed, some of them have for example offsetX=230, and it means -25. Your prog treat it as an unsigned value and display it out of drawing field.
Ok, . Fixed the Sprites but not the Bricks yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
Does your program decompress the files, loaded from HQR's, or just load the compressed data. If it loads the compressed data, it will certainly not load it correctly. So, I suggest to check for it. OK?
The problem was fixed.

Soon will upload the new version.

Old 2004-09-20, 20:58
Magic Ball Master

New release v0.02

Ok, here's another version of LBA Screen Viewer with some Fixes and Adds:
LBAScreenViewer.rar [324 Kb]

I'm releasing the source code too:
LBAScreenViewer_src.rar [60,4 Kb]

Old 2004-09-22, 11:44
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: OK. But... why are almost all of the sprites (except for the initial ones) empty (in the old version)?
Old 2004-09-22, 18:55
Magic Ball Master

Like Zink said, it was because the Offset parameter that make the brick image outside the view area.
I've a problem somewhere in this part and that's the reason I disable this offset thing. Now the program isn't working with offsets, the bricks aren't in the exactly place where must. You can see this by opening the Zink Brick program and you will see the differences. But I think in this case the offset ins't so important and this program was inicialy made thinking just to show the Images and Raw Images.

Old 2004-09-23, 09:13
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: actually, the sprites that are empty in your program, are also empty in his one.
Old 2004-09-23, 15:05
Magic Ball Master

All sprites open correctly.
Take a look if the image you see doens't have the 1x1 image size. Entries 19 to 100 have images 1x1 and you can't see nothing. I'll disabled this views in the next release.

Old 2004-10-02, 19:14
Magic Ball Master

New release: v0.02a

Ok, here's another version of LBA Screen Viewer with the LBA2 1x1 sprites disabled:
LBAScreenViewer.rar [325 Kb]

Old 2004-10-02, 19:45
!!!!!

ALEX!
This is really good!

Now I can view all sprites I couldn't view before with El's LBA Image Viewer!
Old 2004-10-02, 19:57
Magic Ball Master

Thanks!!

Btw, any feedback is welcome.

Old 2004-10-04, 10:45
Welcome to Zirla!

YAY ! ! ! !
THIS IS F**KING GREAT ! ! ! !
Old 2004-10-23, 18:00
View paradise and fall...

o_bras, did you take too many of your happy pills again?

nice program alexfont

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-11-10, 11:38
Welcome to Zirla!

Actually, I know, what those 1x1 sprites actually are. They actually specify the color of shots, etc. I think, alexfont, that you should to this, that, when an 1x1 sprite is chosen to be displayes, a combo box with possible colors is displayed instead. Actually, wait, until I find out, what can you accept as colors, if 0-15 (like for the actor text color in the scenes) or 0-255 (normal palette entries). I will be able to tell you this tomorrow.
Old 2004-11-10, 14:04
Fruto di tutti frutti

OBras => are you sure? Because I thought that they had been used in design state of the game, and had been removed in the final version.
Old 2004-11-10, 15:27
Welcome to Zirla!

- Zink: I'm sure. I once replaced the full game's SPRITES.HQR file with the demo one (I'm talking about LBA 2), and the shots were all in different colors. And it's certainly because of these. Note we haven't found the shots anywhere else, and they change color, when you switch the SPRITES.HQR's, so I'm sure they're color sprites. Besides, 1x1 image usually are for palette and/or color things, so this enforces my theory even more.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:43
Magic Ball Master

I share the Zink opinion. All that entries have the exactly same information and use the colour index 0 from the palette. Some bullets can be found in the spriraw.hqr, the others probably are created in game engine.

Old 2004-11-11, 09:07
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: You both are right. Actually, the laser and laser-like shots are in OBJFIX.HQR. The rhombuses, etc. are actually shots. The 1x1 sprites in SPRITES.HQR are thus just unused sprites, I think put as 1x1 sprites, instead of removing, because otherwise, the game would have crashed (as they were formerly used, and it would have been too difficult to edit all of the scenes, so blank sprites were put there). So, it's clear now.