Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-08-29, 18:02
Gregorius

Saving Bricks discuss [LBA Screen Viewer Offtopic]

As I am exhausted from just translating Sid Meier's Alpha Centaury and its expansion I am being quite a retard now, so could you please tell me a step by step procedure for extracting the bricks (hopefully those 25x25 or so images) into an editable format and putting them back into the hqr?

Gregorius' Corner (http://www.gregoriuscorner.com)

Last edited by xesf; 2005-09-17 at 14:00. Reason: Moderating
Old 2005-08-29, 18:43
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Gergely: Just follow Zink's signature, and download a program suite, called "LBArchitect". It has two programs: Builder (for grid = room editing) and Factory (for bricks editing). You can edit the bricks there, without having to export them into an editable format.

But however, if you want, I can try to make a program, which would convert bricks into .BMP's (but not vice-versa, as that's a bit more complicated).
Old 2005-08-29, 19:38
Fruto di tutti frutti

Although, the LBArchitect has a bug, that saving Bricks from LBA 2 is not possible, so you can edit LBA 1 ones only.
Old 2005-08-29, 20:13
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Zink: Hmmm... if you tell me, what that bug exactly is, maybe I could help you to fix it.
Old 2005-08-29, 20:41
Gregorius

Okay, thanx again all! I'll give it a try.

Old 2005-08-30, 00:07
Gregorius

Hmm, there seems to be a bit of a problem. Everything works okay, I modified the bricks I needed, the program even seems to have saved it although I think there is a slight problem with indexing. If I see it right the program only saves the modified bricks into the brk.hqr file by overwriting the ones already there. The problem is that with Screen Viewer the indecies are all one less than LBArchitect is showing them to be, so I guess it saves them a location above the required. When I run the game, over the desired bricks I get another one drawn. Forexample by modifying the F letter on the radio machine right at the start in the prison I get a wall brick drawn onto the radio instead of the letter brick.

Any idea what I could do?

Old 2005-08-30, 09:57
Fruto di tutti frutti

OBrasilo> Thanks, but I know what it is. I just forgot to make the procedure to check if it has been opened LBA 1 bricks or LBA 2, and it saves all of them as they were from LBA 1

Golemboy> The indexing differences between Screen Viewer and LBArchitect can be just because Screen Viewer starts indexig with zero, while LBArchitect starts with 1 (it is more intuitive this way, I think), so it sohould be ok in the game. Thus I wonder why it isn't. Could you post a screenshot from the game? Or I will try to check it today (don't know if I will have time).

EDIT: I just tested it, and it seems that my saving procedure has some bugs. It's strange, because the modified brick is displayed properly only when a part of it is outside of the screen, and not when it is all visible.
Old 2005-08-30, 13:56
Gregorius

At a second glance it seems as parts of the bricks or the whole bricks themselves would become transparent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brickbug1.JPG‎
Views:	263
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	4968   Click image for larger version

Name:	brickbug2.JPG‎
Views:	257
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	4969   Click image for larger version

Name:	brickbug3.JPG‎
Views:	236
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	4970  

Old 2005-08-30, 15:06
Fruto di tutti frutti

Ok, it's fixed. I can't release a new version now, because there is work on it in progress. But here is the unofficial fixed version. As I said, it's in progress now, so Layout features may not be working.

http://80.55.102.190/~zink/other/Factory.zip

The thing was because the program saved bricks without the transparent parts that were at the right of any non-transparent parts. The game displayed such bricks in completely wrong places, and with some king of weird stretching. That's why they seem to be transparent in your screens, they are just displayed not in the places where they should be.
Old 2005-08-30, 15:10
Welcome to Zirla!

Edit: - Zink: IT ACTUALLY WORKS!!!! Only the layouts can't be saved for some reason.
Old 2005-08-30, 15:45
Gregorius

So, if I see it correctly, I would need to reedit the tiles from an original brk.hqr file, cuz force saving modified bricks and then updating the archive didn't help. Am I correct on this?

Old 2005-08-30, 17:38
Fruto di tutti frutti

I think opening each modified brick, saving it, and resaving the hqr after all should work. If not, you have to open original hqr (in a separate program), and copy+paste your modified bricks.

OBrasilo: As I said: this is version-in-progress, most of Layout editing features are not working.
Old 2005-08-31, 02:32
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
I think opening each modified brick, saving it, and resaving the hqr after all should work. If not, you have to open original hqr (in a separate program), and copy+paste your modified bricks.

OBrasilo: As I said: this is version-in-progress, most of Layout editing features are not working.
Hmmm... could you tell us an estimated release date of the new LBArchitect version, please?
Old 2005-08-31, 17:35
Fruto di tutti frutti

I'm sorry, but I can't. It depends on amount of my free time, and it's amount depends on amount of work on farm, where I live. I can only tell you, that pretty much of things-to-do for this release are already done.
Old 2005-08-31, 20:18
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I can't. It depends on amount of my free time, and it's amount depends on amount of work on farm, where I live. I can only tell you, that pretty much of things-to-do for this release are already done.
Ohhh... OK then. I'll wait for it then, don't worry. I just needed that information for reference.
Old 2005-09-02, 10:26
Gregorius

Quote:

Only resaving the tiles don't help, but if I can copy-paste from instance to instance then it should be no problem. Thanx again! Great tool!

Old 2005-09-11, 12:50
Gregorius

Unfortunatelly the new version doesn't work either. It saves the transparent pixels all right this time but the rest is displayed black inside the game. In the editor it looks good but in the game transparent parts are transparent and painted pixels are blank black.

Old 2005-09-11, 18:16
Fruto di tutti frutti

Hmmm... I have tested it this time, and it worked. Could you save some of your bricks that appear in a wrong way, and send them to me? (I mean: save as *.brk files in the editor directly.) Although it would be better if you sent me your LBA_BRK.HQR file through an e-mail, but if you can't due to a slow connection or some limits, maybe some single brks will enough.
Old 2005-09-15, 16:24
Gregorius

Here's a brick.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Frock.zip‎ (470 Bytes, 205 views)

Old 2005-09-15, 21:00
Fruto di tutti frutti

I'm not sure... is it supposed to look like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg‎
Views:	208
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	4972  
Old 2005-09-16, 22:34
Gregorius

Yes it does. It looks like this in the editor as well except for the brick thumbnails where it looks a bit wierd, transparent cells are displayed cyan and border is displayed different too. And inside game it is all messed up as said below. In editor though, after opening it looks fine.

Old 2005-09-17, 10:52
Fruto di tutti frutti

This seems very weird. It looks fine in the thumbnails view for me. Could you please post a screenshot of how it looks for you? I will try to test it in the game today too.

BTW: Alexfont, I see we took your thread over So a split would be good I think.
Old 2005-09-17, 14:27
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
BTW: Alexfont, I see we took your thread over So a split would be good I think.
Ok, done
If you think its better to merge it with your LBArchitec thread just say it

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-09-17, 19:30
Fruto di tutti frutti

Don't know
Old 2005-09-18, 13:56
Gregorius

You know what? Up until I send you a look from the game try painting into a brick with the transparent color. Cuz that's what I did. When importing copy-paste from the wrong bricks it pasted plain black into the new editor's brick. So I reached out for the transparent ink on the right and repainted all black spots with that. Maybe that's what got saved wrong!