Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2017-01-06, 19:19
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Ruins in Principal Island

You know how on principal island there's this screen with what looks like ancient ruins, a sendell symbol and some badass spheroclones?
is it ever explained what those ruins are exactly?
Old 2017-01-07, 06:18
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
I've asked Fred and Didier and they don't remember.

My guess is that a fight between, rebellion island rebels and Funfrock's army, happened there. The clones have been let there to protect that Sendell sign.

I'm probably wrong but make sense to me
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2017-01-07, 11:45
Polly parrot

Yeah, I requested that question during your interview, they didn't remember it

I would guess it simply was a temple to the glory of Sendell, FF built his fortress near it like he did with the runic stones to shoo off people who were too curious.
Old 2017-01-07, 12:37
Party animal

Yeah it deffo looks like a temple. plus there's the sendell sign there.
kinda pisses me off that they don't remember >_>
Old 2017-01-07, 14:32
the legend

I think the fact that they don't remember answers us, that it was a minor part of the story, mostly just scenario to make players more curious about the ancient legacy of Sendell that once existed strongly throughout the planet and now is in ruins, hidden, guarded and kept away from public.
https://royrajabally.bandcamp.com/
http://lapichon.deviantart.com/
Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2017-01-07, 14:38
Party animal

True, but there's something a little frustrating about it. It's the sort of thing that's just begging for a little back-story. Like, did there used to be some sort of Sendell worshipping civilization once upon a time? etc.
The developers didn't seem to be particularly arsed when it came to the small details tbh, like they also didn't explain what was the deal with the temple of bu and all that. Perhaps this stuff will be explained the day a fan remake of the game is made
Old 2017-01-07, 16:20
FreemanQC

I love internet just for this, having other point of views.

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2017-01-07, 19:21
Quetching a Mr.

Yup. Gravel's right. 30 years ago we couldn't have talked like this - we'd have to be at colleges, etc. where they used the internet in the very beginning.

Anyways, I always wondered about the Sendell symbol. There's obviously no clear explanation as to why that part exists in the game. Who knows, maybe there were multiple temples dedicated to Sendell around the globe.

Actually, I think it'd be kind of cool if a fan of the game literally wrote an entire book just to the Sendells, kind of like a Holy Bible or the Quran (or however that's spelled).

Then we could use someone who has the artistic talent like Didier, and have 'drawings' from ancient times in the book to give it that 'aged' feel.

What'd be the best part, is that the book look likes the Book of Bu, after all, the cover had an 'S' on it for representation of Sendell. If you remember the cutscene after Twinsen goes through the temple, you notice it in his right arm.
Old 2017-01-08, 01:21
FreemanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Yup. Gravel's right. 30 years ago we couldn't have talked like this - we'd have to be at colleges, etc. where they used the internet in the very beginning.

Anyways, I always wondered about the Sendell symbol. There's obviously no clear explanation as to why that part exists in the game. Who knows, maybe there were multiple temples dedicated to Sendell around the globe.

Actually, I think it'd be kind of cool if a fan of the game literally wrote an entire book just to the Sendells, kind of like a Holy Bible or the Quran (or however that's spelled).

Then we could use someone who has the artistic talent like Didier, and have 'drawings' from ancient times in the book to give it that 'aged' feel.

What'd be the best part, is that the book look likes the Book of Bu, after all, the cover had an 'S' on it for representation of Sendell. If you remember the cutscene after Twinsen goes through the temple, you notice it in his right arm.
Bu must be related to Sendell I can't believe! I remember all the time when I was a kid me and my brother were telling it was the Sendell's Well (puit de sendell). Then we replayed the game and found out it was Bu.

The idea of Dider making design from a fan kind of bible is awesome

Old 2017-01-08, 19:47
the legend

Twinsun

I know some lines from the Sendell's Bible. Like, "thou shall not covet thy neighbor's rabbibunny" ...
https://royrajabally.bandcamp.com/
http://lapichon.deviantart.com/
Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2017-01-08, 23:50
Polly parrot

I don't think there would be need for a saint book, since you experience the goddesses presence first hand... I think religion would be more like something everyone lives in, rather than dusty old myths.