Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2003-08-27, 16:25

Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Just got to watch all the terminators again...

And you know what? I actually liked them all. Including the third!
There is just a problem that lots of people can't enjoy a movie, they pick on every detail. You know how much Matrix 2 was bashed for it's "bad" special effects? While the only on that was bad was the bullet removing green code scene. Which looked like a game or something

---------

And morshem. Please stay away if you don't have anything to say except bitching moaning, cursing, crying or just saying "-->closed".
Old 2003-08-27, 16:38
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
-----------> closed!

Thank you again for pointing out what kind of an asshole you actually are.
Old 2003-08-27, 17:24
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Danny is very right IMO, these days everyone simply LOVES complaining. Terminators are a cool movie. even if they don't show a revolutionary philosophical outlook on the meaning of existence
Old 2003-08-27, 18:17

Nowdays, people don't watch the movie. They just cry on how bad the effects are. I mean, come on! Matrix Reloaded had super kewl effects, but people still managed to be picky on the effects. Same was about many effects. I mean what's so bad about Terminator 3? It is a very nice movie. Has some really nice ideas. The fact that it doesn't reveal the purpose of life doesn't make this movie bad.
Old 2003-08-27, 22:35
Magic Ball Master

I very much liked Terminator 3, although I do prefer the T-1000 to the T-X. Especially when you get bits like Arnie saying: "Talk to the hand!" Sure its not revolutionary or smart, but it is entertaining and that counts for a lot in my book.
Old 2003-08-27, 23:24
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
People think its trendy to complain about the effects, some of the things pointed out about the Matrix2 where just plane wrong.
(like someone was ranting on the net about Neo clearly being CGI at a certain bit, when I know for a fact it that bit was done by wires against blue screen )
Old 2003-08-28, 05:09

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I thought that T3 was actually better of the previous two because the story actually progressed and went somewhere. Although the two prequels did differ from one another in story, they were basically around the same thing (killing the leader of the human forces). In a way, same can be said about T3, except that it moves out of the cycle and goes on into the wars.

About Matrix 2: I do not think that people are trying to be smartasses by saying that the special affects were bad. Most were done very well done (the chateau and the highway scene), but a lot also looked very cheesy (Neo flying, 100 Smiths looking very CG, and the Mech near the gates of Zion animated like something from the early 80s).
Old 2003-08-28, 12:52

Quote:
About Matrix 2: I do not think that people are trying to be smartasses by saying that the special affects were bad. Most were done very well done (the chateau and the highway scene), but a lot also looked very cheesy (Neo flying, 100 Smiths looking very CG, and the Mech near the gates of Zion animated like something from the early 80s).
Actually I liked the neo flying effect And the 100 smiths and the mech. They didn't look so obvious if you didn't try to spot it. And about the mech animation, he isn't supposed to be super smooth animated or something. Its an old mech, controlled by a human...
Old 2003-08-28, 15:23
Magic Ball Master

With the mech, I thought it looked quite good, and I didn't intentionally try to finad any flaws with it, but do you think that the zionists are going to have the latest, best, smoothest technologoy available to them?
Old 2003-08-28, 19:36
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
well, depends if they really built it dosnt it?

Maybe they did, or maybe they where part of the machines deception.
(which hasnt fully been explained yet, if the machines made Zion, then wernt the first humans there suspicious of this "city" just lyeing about for them?
Surely some of the humans had to have knowen....)
Old 2003-08-29, 03:19

Alright, firstly, I did not "try to look" for any of these things. They just appeared very obvious to me. And when I was talking about the mech I was talking about its rendered animation, not advanced tech or other.
Old 2003-08-29, 12:46

Well. If you speak about the "rough" "unrealistic" animation, it was intended. It's an old mech, not the best one probably. What do you want from it to do? Move like a ballete dancer?
Old 2003-08-29, 13:02

By the way. When I watched Matrix2 I wasn't really satisfied. It made a feeling of a amateurish film that isn't completed or something.... Hope revolutions will be better.
Old 2003-08-30, 01:10

It will probably won't be much different from M2 since both films were shot simultaniously.
Old 2003-08-30, 14:22
Classic

It probably didnt feel complete because it wasnt complete
Its one long film, they just split it in two for convenience.

Incidently, it looks like they have a set a precedent, many other film companys are looking into this "two films in one" type of arrangment (Harry Potter 4, for instance).
Old 2003-08-30, 14:28
Magic Ball Master

I also read that while Matrix 1 is a complete film Reloaded is only supposed to be an appetizer of sorts, or precursor to Revolutions. But simultaneous film shootingis not something I'm a fan of, sure it produces quick results but also poor ones, I remember Back to the Future 2+3 being shot at the same time and those two being significantly inferior to the first (especially the third, which I saw the director Robert Zemeckis himself admit in a documentary on the DVD edition.
Old 2003-09-01, 22:18
Pony A-sploded!

Send a message via ICQ to Simon
Yeah .. man.. Terminator .. I just can't talk about it *sob*
So beautyful

nah but I like all 3.
Old 2003-09-02, 15:06
Classic

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushmeister
I also read that while Matrix 1 is a complete film Reloaded is only supposed to be an appetizer of sorts, or precursor to Revolutions. But simultaneous film shootingis not something I'm a fan of, sure it produces quick results but also poor ones, I remember Back to the Future 2+3 being shot at the same time and those two being significantly inferior to the first (especially the third, which I saw the director Robert Zemeckis himself admit in a documentary on the DVD edition.
I think LotR is enough counter-evidence for that one
Shotting stuff together saves time, money and also makes the films more "consistant".

I liked the bttF sequals actualy
If anything 2 & 1 would have been best to shoot together
Old 2003-09-07, 14:36

I liked BTTF 2 and 3 too They are kewl movies
Old 2003-09-07, 17:28
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via AIM to StarmanDX Send a message via MSN to StarmanDX
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
I liked the bttF sequals actualy
I preferred them ^^
Old 2003-09-07, 18:38
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
BTTF 2 was the best, 3 afterwards. 1 was the weakest, yet still good.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying