Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-03-07, 13:12
Idyllic + whimsical

Spoiler:
It's not about if he was right or wrong. Desmond was right about a lot of things himself, but I love the guy. It's about the behavior. The events I mentioned in the second paragraph about Locke aren't even from that season, it's the insecure, childish behavior of the guy since we know him.

Also I don't know how much of that Locke would've done without the guidance/manipulation of Ben. If it wasn't for him, nobody would've been on that island again.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2009-03-07, 16:49
weee

Kate
Spoiler:
I always hated Kate, she's a shallow artificial character. Shannon was selfish and stupid and all that, but at least she felt like a real person. Kate is just there because people want to see Evangeline Lilly in her underwear. I agree with everything Lightwing said.

Oh and btw, it's not a love triangle anymore, now it's officially a love square.

Locke
Spoiler:
is awesome, you know nothing.
Old 2009-03-07, 17:19
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Kate
Spoiler:

I don't recall one scene of her in her underwear since season 1 (unfortunately). Perhaps I'm mistaken, but points remains the number of times of that happening isn't large.

I can see/understand you not liking her character, but she is not a artificial character, she has quite a deep background story.
Perhaps in this season she is mistakenly portrayed that way, since she ain't revealing much at all, but I suspect that will change with time.

Annoying character, perhaps, shallow artificial one - I disagree.

"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2009-03-07, 19:02
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Kate - Spoiler:
Her backstory was fine, but here ""present"" story has always been a bit annoying.

Lost s5epp8 - Just when its all coming together nicely they chuck a massive curvyball. Really takes a flowchart to fully comprehend the whole universe now :P
Old 2009-03-09, 02:33
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
24 s7epp11+12 - Ok, this season is the best. Utterly riveting stuff.
Old 2009-03-09, 08:22

Yep this season is the best.
24s7e11,12
Spoiler:
The only thing that I didn't like is that Jack let her out of the bunker, it is out of his character movement, I think their dialogue right before was perfect, and it was indicating he will _not_ let her out. "will you be able to watch your daughter like that?"
"no mam, but I'm not the president of the united states of america".
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2009-03-09, 11:54
Classic

24-Spoiler:
hmz..guess so, but on the other hand Jack himself has held quite responsible positions in his time and also good self-sacrificing. If the president knew his history she could have given a good counter argument.
Then again, she didnt. (loved the line a few eppisodes back "With all due respect mame...ask around")

My own slight problem with the eppisode...and this is slight...is that everyone is just way too good with guns. I mean, even a trained soldier would be lucky to jump around the corner and kill someone perfectly within half a second. That takes insane aiming while moving, yet the good guys and bad guys alike are able to do this.
This is only a slight crit though, it would be far worse if it was just one side able to do this and not the other
Old 2009-03-09, 20:34

24 cont'd
Spoiler:

Yes I guess you're right, also the bit of raiding the white house so easily isn't
100% credible, but it is fair enough and it gave options for some nice scenes- a foreign leader IN the white house SLAPPING the president of the united states of america. I'm sure the americans who watched it at that time felt their pride being slapped.

Also this show indeed has some nice quotes(since it brings up some nice issues)
I liked the all conversation few episodes back between Jack and Larry
"they don't follow your rules, Larry"
"the rules is what makes us better, Jack"
"not today"

great season.

Old 2009-03-09, 21:29
Idyllic + whimsical

Can anyone give a definitive answer about the new few Lost episodes?
When I look at IMDb it says that this week there won't be an episode, and next week there will be two episodes.
On tv.com it says this week there won't be an episode, and next week there will be one episode.
And on the TV channel in Israel broadcasting season 5 three days after it broadcasts in the US, they showed a promo of the next episode and said it'll air on this coming weekend.
Old 2009-03-09, 21:35

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Not sure about Israel broadcasting, but you can watch full episodes of Lost on the ABC site the day after it's released in US (which is every Wednesday).
Old 2009-03-09, 22:19
weee

Wingy: You can only do that if you have an IP in the USA.

Rexy: From myepisodes.com: 19-Mar-2009 03:00 (Israel Time) Lost [5x09] Namaste
Old 2009-03-10, 17:10
Classic

Spectacular Spiderman s2epp5 - That was really fun. Good humour,action and attention to charecters. Too bad if Heroes did an life action epp like that they would whipe out a whole seasons budget in one go :P

Terminator s2epp13 "here by aliens"- Now that was brillent, if quite WTFish. I loved how they incorporated the whole "drone" thing into the plot. (UFO pics that were doing internet rounds about 6 months ago....I wonder if that was some secret arg or premotion )

Heroes - s3epp19 Ok eppisode, loved the bit with the comic book store and mumma Petreli, but the whole Doyle thing was a bit crappy. Shame really, as I found him a good villian earlier.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-03-10 at 22:33.
Old 2009-03-11, 23:22
weee

The Listener 1x01 - Kinda nice yet somewhat mediocre show that's obviously inspired by The Dead Zone.
Old 2009-03-12, 00:23
Look beyond reality.

Yay, no Lost this week!
Old 2009-03-12, 19:08
weee

Kyle XY 3x09 - Spoiler:
Argh. They fooled me like they fooled Cassidy, at least Kyle wasn't as annoying as he could have been.

What kind of an idiot would blame someone on something they did right after they were born? I guess Nicole and Steven would. Seriously, Jessi was just born and they knew it, how stupid are they?! All in all Nicole was a complete asshole this episode.

Another question: Why stop Latnok from repeating the pod experiment? I mean wtf? Would Kyle rather be born as a baby and be an average guy? Yeah right. Latnok are doing a good thing. If they want to stop them at least give a convincing argument as to why.

So it happened, Jessi is the only character left in the show that I care about. Maybe also Foss. But that's it.
Old 2009-03-12, 23:29
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I just wanted to say that this season of lost is probably one of the best imo.

Spoiler:
time travel ftw!
Old 2009-03-13, 00:20
Idyllic + whimsical

Yeah, now it looks like seasons 1-3 were an intro to the real thing.
Old 2009-03-13, 01:25
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Kyle XY 3x09 - Spoiler:
Argh. They fooled me like they fooled Cassidy, at least Kyle wasn't as annoying as he could have been.

What kind of an idiot would blame someone on something they did right after they were born? I guess Nicole and Steven would. Seriously, Jessi was just born and they knew it, how stupid are they?! All in all Nicole was a complete asshole this episode.

Another question: Why stop Latnok from repeating the pod experiment? I mean wtf? Would Kyle rather be born as a baby and be an average guy? Yeah right. Latnok are doing a good thing. If they want to stop them at least give a convincing argument as to why.

So it happened, Jessi is the only character left in the show that I care about. Maybe also Foss. But that's it.
Spoiler:
No softspot for Andy then?

But yeah, I agree with the expirement thing. Not justified at all....especialy why more concerned with that then the potential murder?!

Old 2009-03-13, 01:42
weee

(Kyle XY) Spoiler:
Yeah Andy is definitely cute. Too bad she never did more than just being cured of cancer and being Josh's girlfriend...
Old 2009-03-16, 09:20
Classic

Buffy Season 5 - Fantastic stuff. Easily the strongest so far. Great villian and best overall plot. Purhapes not as funny as bits of 4, but more consistant in tone. Tad bit of a dues-ex at the end, but still effective. Good music too.

Smallville s8epp15 - That was, like, the shitest tv show I've seen. I mean, theres been some shit ones before, but they really out shat themselfs this time. Almost every charecter choice was forced, contrieved, or completely out of charecter. The premise held no weight or interest to start with because you know it wouldnt last...but even then it managed to pull itself down lower and lower.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-03-17 at 19:24.
Old 2009-03-19, 18:45
Classic

Kyle XY - s3epp10 - A good eppisode. But an utterly lousy way to end a series.
Very, very blatent this was never supposed to be a final. Even a season final it dosnt really work as.
Notes on where it would have gone
http://community.abcfamily.go.com/bl...kyle-xy-finale

Terminator s2epp14 "Good Wound" - Together with the epp before it, very strong I thought. Good writting, and lots of plotthreads at once well balanced. Kinda have to pay attention though, sometimes you miss a line on this show and you lose track completely.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2009-03-19 at 23:24.
Old 2009-03-21, 08:54

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Battlestar Galactica -- Series Finale:

WTF doesn't even begin to describe it. I never imagined it would be this godawful. Fak.

Edit: The whole point of the show was to demonstrate how campy the 70's version was, and remake it. Moore took that campy show, made a nice first season, and then in an act that can be destribed as the Mother of all Ironies, created an even cheesier remake.

Last edited by Lightwing; 2009-03-21 at 09:36.
Old 2009-03-21, 12:46
Classic

Havnt seen it yet, but I'm not supprised.

Well, at least the budget is free for other shows now.
Old 2009-03-21, 19:38
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Kyle XY - s3epp10 - A good eppisode. But an utterly lousy way to end a series.
Very, very blatent this was never supposed to be a final. Even a season final it dosnt really work as.
Notes on where it would have gone
http://community.abcfamily.go.com/bl...kyle-xy-finale
Wait WAHT!?! I was looking forward for the next episode next week. This can't be the finale. Shit.

Congratulations ABC Family, you just made me hate you.
Old 2009-03-21, 21:16
Classic

Indeed.
Its not even a farscape-situation where they had short notice to wrap it up. This looks like no-notice.

Dollhouse s1epp6 - Ok, that was brillent. Its really settled into gear now Great stuff.
5-6 really beat the hell out of the rest of the epps. Probably goes on a break now, or gets canceled -sigh-

Still, lots of new information/questions raised;
Spoiler:

1. More then one dollhouse.

Ok, this was obvious to some extent. If theres one, why not more.
However...whats more important..

2. Dolhouse isnt for money. The money is a means to an end...probably something more sinister

3. Another side? Theres Alpha, the dollhouse org...but now also a double agent AND the FIB guy?
My bets on the double agent are the girl that helps the tech guy. Shes in the right place at the right time.

Tags
series, shows, television