Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2002-06-04, 04:44
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Exclamation cd rom problem or screen problem

2 problem
1- Withiout the patch in win 98, The logo shows up with the little music but nothing else right after the logo. I thinq it's my cd rom ( 52X ) could it be too fast for lba1 ?
What can I do about this ?
2- Also if I try to use the patch in windows xp ( for lba1) everything's fine exept for screen image that shows up all in little squares. I have an ati rage 128 and I select vesa compatible.
Please help please please please
Old 2002-06-04, 05:09
Magic Ball Master

I don't think that CD drive speed would be the problem, but:

go into your CD-Drive, and select "properties" with right click
you should see CD-Speed, change it to a more suitable value (what, like 8x, I think that's what I had on my old computer, and LBA worked fine)

I can do that on mine, its a lite-on drive, I don't know about yours.

As for the patch, somebody else will have to help you....I don't need the patch, I still use my old 166mhZ along with my new 2.2 ghZ Dell....hehe....

Oh yes......

WELCOME LATIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2002-06-04, 11:13
Master of Science & Magic

1- no CD rom speed isn't a issue, does your CD spin up right after the logo ?

2- can't help you with that, but can you make a sceenshot ? the problem sounds a bit weird
Old 2002-06-04, 12:59
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
I have almost EXACTLY the same specs, but it works fine for me... except that I have to use it on my own AMD K6 233, it doesn't work on a AMD Athlon 900....

and btw

WELCOME
Old 2002-06-05, 04:09
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

IT WORKS...YES W O R K S !!!
I have to start in real dos mode but it works.
I used the patch on win 98 insted of winxp, at first try it didn't work but I realize that if I configured the sound just with 2 speakers insted od quadraphonic sound (4 speakers) it worked then.
my cdrom is ok and spinned all the way. I can't not say why it used to hang but as soon as I played it with 2 insted of 4 speakers it WORKED.
Thanks to you all