Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2011-11-22, 14:23
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
A piece for an acoustic quartet, piano, three animals and a clock

My attempt at avantgarde music. Tried to make it sound in the mood of LBA.
http://rghost.net/31538631

Please tell me if the link doesn't work for you.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:49
Look beyond reality.

Sounds very LBA-ish!

Music is a bit all over the place, you might want to organise it a little bit more.

And wtf is the ending all about! WTF.
Old 2011-11-22, 16:58

OK! Very good.
Quote:
Music is a bit all over the place, you might want to organise it a little bit more.
Could you explain this, please? Do you mean that something wrong with the notes, harmony, or with the mix?

If performed live, a cage containing a rooster, a dog and a bull should be opened on the stage when the clock strikes 3 times.
Old 2011-11-22, 17:01
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
It starts nice and in an LBA style indeed, but i don't understand the point of the last 30 seconds of it...
Old 2011-11-22, 17:14

It's avantgarde. OK, Morshem, let me explain: I wasn't satisfied with sound of the piano and at first wanted to shoot my (virtual) pianist. But on a second thought I've let him to show off and play solo (having found out that we have audience), and then, when it was 3 pm and the clock struck, I've let out animals on the stage that created chaos, jumped on the keyboard and scared away all the musicians.
Old 2011-11-22, 23:32
strange dreamer

I'm glad I read your explanation before listening to the song, otherwise I would've been just as WTFed as the other guys here.

Well. What can I say... it's odd. Sounds nice, but, well... lacks a direction. Kinda random and "going nowhere", for me. The animals sound effects are terrible. And not really LBAish. Sorry.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-11-23, 02:18
Polly parrot

That sounds a lot inspired by the song of Gabrielle
The ending is strange... It's like you didn't know how to finish it. Still better than those "fade away" endings.
(I hate those : easy solution, don't think, fade it away.)
Old 2011-11-23, 12:21
the hobbits to Otringal

Hehe, fun lil piece. However I find the animals too musical. Like how the chicken trys to sing along. Guess you were squeezing it to get pitch and timing. And to make the ending you had push the bull onto the lower keys and the dog onto the virtual piano pedals, since they would lack such sophisticated sense of drama.

Keep em comin.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225

Last edited by Odysseus; 2011-11-23 at 18:08.
Old 2011-11-23, 19:29

Yes, Odysseus, you got it right, thank you.

By the way, fade-out endings are good for looped music, or for ambient soundscapes.
Old 2011-11-24, 00:42
Neko

omg! I like it

I really also like the piano part just before the applause. There's some really suprising musical stuff going on there before *** breaks loose.

The autotune pitch corrected chicken wasn't needed though
Old 2011-11-24, 04:10
strange dreamer

What, you guys likin' it ??
Oh well, I guess it must be too avant-garde for me then!

I shall take another couple more listens, perhaps my first impression was wrong...
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2011-11-24, 21:33
Neko

Its fun, and a bit suprising.
Old 2011-11-25, 15:12
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
What, you guys likin' it ??
Oh well, I guess it must be too avant-garde for me then!

I shall take another couple more listens, perhaps my first impression was wrong...
Well to kinda grasp it... The whole point is using kitsch sounding sounds.
So in this case its meant to sound bad. But a rather particular kinda bad.
These sounds remind me of cheap 80's story telling CDs. Or perhaps a overly enthusiastic 80's elementary school music teacher bringing her piece of crap keyboard to school.
Using such sounds adds to the overall drama.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-12-01, 12:09

Jesee, I tried to used chromatic scale, riffs like that you can hear from many jazz pianists. I know its sounds mechanical and ridiculuos though.

Thank you for your comments, especially Odysseus for his assosiations. I'll try to make next piece not sounding all over the place.