Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2010-05-05, 12:52
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Funfrock Why do you do that?

It is just plain ugly, the graphic looks outdated even with the pretension of being cartoonish: water looks not like water but like blue shit, grass looks like green shit, etc. It is 2010 not 1994. This looks like some crazy cult worshiping their leader even when he is long time dead.

I don't mean to insult anyone of you, from what I've seen, there are some great artists out here, but why do you waste your time on this? I looked into some modification threads, and they are all like that - people wasting time on outdated shit.

Why don't you contact F. Raynal or who does own the franchise now, and make a commercial offer, invest money, start a collaboration. You are grown up people. Or simply buy it out - I bet he would be glad to get at least 10$ for that's ancient crap for kids.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2010-05-05, 15:04
Lawrence's Avatar
Lawrence Lawrence is offline
Magic Level: Fire Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy
Posts: 283
Because we can.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2010-05-05, 15:29
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Maybe because you are young and striving to live and to multiply, with the natural instinct of domination spreading not only to the biosphere, but also to the sphere of ideas, in the mental plane? But once you realize it's all pointless, and fight down that instinct, the only logical solution will be death.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2010-05-05, 15:54
Kitarii's Avatar
Kitarii Kitarii is offline
You what?!
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London, UK
Posts: 6,537
What the hell are you talking about? We like LBA, it's good practise for a lot of us who are interested in getting into this kind of thing professionally later on, and it's just fun to work in a team and achieve something for yourself, even if not many people can appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2010-05-05, 17:20
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
OK, now I understand. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2010-05-05, 18:13
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
Maybe because you are young and striving to live and to multiply, with the natural instinct of domination spreading not only to the biosphere, but also to the sphere of ideas, in the mental plane? But once you realize it's all pointless, and fight down that instinct, the only logical solution will be death.
Troll/oldie alternate account confirmed.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2010-05-05, 20:15
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Sorry, I didn't mean to attack anyone and I am not a troll. It all looks so pathetic now.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2010-05-05, 20:25
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
so anyway, who are you ras maxim?
i mean there's no way you're for real.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2010-05-05, 20:31
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Well, I am for real 100%, but didn't mean to sound aggressive.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2010-05-05, 20:40
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
if you're for real, then what is your facebook account?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2010-05-05, 20:46
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Please, contact me in ICQ if you wish to talk privately, I have no use for the facebook because I am not from the USA. I wonder what do you want to discuss after all but it's OK.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2010-05-05, 21:08
Lawrence's Avatar
Lawrence Lawrence is offline
Magic Level: Fire Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
Maybe because you are young and striving to live and to multiply, with the natural instinct of domination spreading not only to the biosphere, but also to the sphere of ideas, in the mental plane? But once you realize it's all pointless, and fight down that instinct, the only logical solution will be death.
lolwut

Last edited by Lawrence; 2010-05-05 at 21:18.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2010-05-05, 22:51
Kobold's Avatar
Kobold Kobold is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Troll/oldie alternate account confirmed.
Indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2010-05-06, 00:22
LBAWinOwns's Avatar
LBAWinOwns LBAWinOwns is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,420
Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
As long as there is Obras this forum is worthwhile visiting.

Though I liked his 2009 work quite much this character is hardly decent.
__________________

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2010-05-06, 01:27
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
this obviously isn't obras.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2010-05-06, 01:31
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
lolwut
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2010-05-06, 10:20
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
Why don't you contact F. Raynal or who does own the franchise now, and make a commercial offer, invest money, start a collaboration. You are grown up people. Or simply buy it out - I bet he would be glad to get at least 10$ for that's ancient crap for kids.
Too slow, that has been already done.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2010-05-06, 10:50
Jasiek's Avatar
Jasiek Jasiek is offline
Do the evolution.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: You forgot Poland.
Posts: 7,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim
Why don't you contact F. Raynal or who does own the franchise now, and make a commercial offer, invest money, start a collaboration. You are grown up people. Or simply buy it out - I bet he would be glad to get at least 10$ for that's ancient crap for kids.
Too slow, that has been already done.
__________________
Little Script Adventure
Join the Little Script Adventure team
Download Little Script Adventure
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:21
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Maybe it's time to shut the forums down
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2010-05-06, 12:52
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
why are you posting from two different ip's ras maxim? do you have an answer to that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:02
ras maxim ras maxim is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 201
Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
I don't know, I think it's called "dynamic IP", why do you ask? Why are you being so paranoid? This is not a friendly place at all
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2010-05-06, 13:33
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
that's not true! look how friendly i was to you in the welcome thread!

how can you just say something like that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2010-05-06, 19:06
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
why are you posting from two different ip's ras maxim? do you have an answer to that?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2010-05-06, 19:07
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras maxim View Post
Why are you being so paranoid? This is not a friendly place at all
We're not friendly at all. Thanks for noticing. Now tits or GTFO.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2010-05-07, 00:11
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,684
I like you ras, you're outstanding, but still, what you're saying has a lot of sense !

To be honest, I think that if a game like LBA1 would be released nowadays, nearly no-one from here would try it. But we like this game, not because of what it is, but because of what it represents. Most of us played it during childhood, and by playing it over and over, it becomes a big part of our memories, and by playing it again, we remember what we used to do when we played it before.

Else, I frankly think you're right. It's a waste of time, but every game is like that, and, personally, I love wasting my time on games
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:18.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, the Magicball Network