Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-10-09, 13:41
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Going to translate to swedish

I've just found my LBA 2 disc, and been thinking about translating it right away. I know it's a pretty hard work, but I've been translating another game called Age of Wonders II. Currently, I'm following ChaosFish's instructions. So you swedish gamers, see forward to me be done with it! I've even added swedish letters to LBAs original font.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2004-10-09, 13:43
weee

Cooooooooooool!

Good luck mina
Old 2004-10-09, 14:14
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Good luck with that
Old 2004-10-09, 16:50
Magic Ball Master

Good luck, but do you will just translate for LBA2? or both?

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-10-09, 17:05
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
I've just found my LBA 2 disc, and been thinking about translating it right away. I know it's a pretty hard work, but I've been translating another game called Age of Wonders II. Currently, I'm following ChaosFish's instructions. So you swedish gamers, see forward to me be done with it! I've even added swedish letters to LBAs original font.
But hey! You dont speak Swedish?
Old 2004-10-09, 17:19
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
But hey! You dont speak Swedish?
His locations in the profile is Sweden!

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2004-10-09, 21:53
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Isn't he Russian?
Old 2004-10-09, 22:10
Tomorrow burns!

You're both right, I am a russian and I'm living in Sweden.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2004-10-09, 23:35
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: why did you make a font? You can use my Nordic font. In this font, the Swedish characters are just in the positions, where they are in DOS CodePage 850. Well... still worth trying.
Old 2004-10-09, 23:37
Still in a dream...

Nice, good luck.
Old 2004-10-10, 09:34
Tomorrow burns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
- Illumina: why did you make a font? You can use my Nordic font. In this font, the Swedish characters are just in the positions, where they are in DOS CodePage 850. Well... still worth trying.
I didn't knew it, that's why. I got still those swedish letters in right positions for my keyboard.
Old 2004-10-10, 18:30
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Yes... but that's not in the original character set (which is supposed to be a DOS one).
Old 2004-10-16, 13:35
Tomorrow burns!

Unfortunately, I couldn't download your font from your site. Can you please send me a mail with it, please?

What I will feature the translation is some name-change for some places, islands and some few names.
Old 2004-10-17, 14:22
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: here you go: http://chaosfish.free.fr. There, click Little Bit Adventure, and then, in the top, Fonts. There's a font, with the word 'Nordic' in its description (or title). That's it. And, for my site, you have to left-click a link, then right-click the link on the site, that opens. Otherwise, you'll download a HTML file.
Old 2004-10-18, 10:27
Tomorrow burns!

There it is! Thanks!

Last edited by Illumina; 2004-10-18 at 10:43.
Old 2004-10-18, 10:32
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: ^_^.
Old 2004-10-18, 10:42
Tomorrow burns!

I got a problem: When translating, I get * instead of å!
Old 2004-10-18, 13:26
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: in my font, characters are in the DOS CP-850 standard, thus LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE is on code 143, while LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH RING ABOVE is on code 134. Got it? A simple hint: use Zink's font editor to view the font, in it, you'll see everything. Also, you can use N-SoftInd's text editor, it has the so-called KeyGroups, select the Western one, it will allow you to enter the characters in DOS standard by pressing normal keys (it automatically changes the key character codes).
Old 2004-10-18, 13:35
Magic Ball Master

Ins't necessary use the DOS characters. The Zink's LBA Text Editor have a convertion map to convert any character to the normal LBA DOS one. I'm currently using the Windows charset.

Old 2004-10-18, 14:40
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: N-SoftInd's program has some things, called "KeyGroups", or something like that. They do this: for example, when you press the letter, which on the Slovenian keyboard would give you the LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH CARON, actually, in Windows, it sends code 232. In DOS CP 852, this character is at 159, and this program redirects (in this case) the key to send code 159 instead of 232. He himself defined those sets for most of the fonts, so ther would be no need to use Windows characters. Also, both LBAs use DOS characters, so making Windows characters would be strange. Also, alexfont, your translation uses DOS charset. So, my advice is: use N-SoftInd's program: http://thor.prohosting.com/lbatrio/TEXTEDIT.ZIP (version 2.00), and http://thor.prohosting.com/lbatrio/TEXTEXE.ZIP (executable file update to version 2.10). Enjoy it.
Old 2004-10-18, 14:55
Magic Ball Master

Ok.

My downloaded translation version are in DOS but my reviewed one, no. And I'm using the Zink program without thinking again in the charset. My new font are in Windows charset too, so this save me time.

Old 2004-10-18, 14:58
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: OK. It's your choice. I don't want to force anyone to anything. And, if Illumina decides to use his font and Zink's program, it's his choice. I just gave an advice.
Old 2004-10-18, 15:13
Magic Ball Master

Of course. It's good have some options to choose and advices are always welcome.
I just said that because in my cause its better work without DOS charset.

Old 2004-10-18, 20:30
Master of Degree

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2004-10-18, 21:31
Tomorrow burns!

All these posts seems very complicated, but I got every program I need by the instructions.