Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2002-06-02, 11:02
Seal Evil

Gustav: You're an arrogant prick and I will love it if we can beat you today.

Quote:
Ferdinand hasnt been playing well in the National Team, I said. I did not say anything about his Leeds shape. Hundred times better than my defenders? Now, I am getting 'crackedup', cause that is a lie. Everyone knows that the defense are Sweden's best attribute.
As I said before, Ferdinand is one of the world's best defenders and HAS been playing well for England; what would you know about it anyway, being a Swede? Do you watch him day in day out for club & country?
Oh, and I think that this GBP18million superstar might be a tad better than such world class players as, er, Aston Villa's Olof Mellberg, the mighty, er, Hansa Rostock's Jackbsson and the frankly outstanding, er, Teddy Lucic, who plays for the dominant European force of, er, AIK.

If you lose Ljungberg or Larsson to injury then you're buggered; you simply cannot replace your only two decent players with anyone near as good. Gerrard was injured for us, so we brought in Owen Hargreaves (who players, incidentally, in the Bayern Munich first team). If Michael Owen were to get injured, we could replace him with Fowler, who, whilst not as good, is a million times better than 'Allback'.

Quote:
About the fights, now you are keeping it under the soccerlevel. That wasn't about the players skills. It was about some little arguement that exploded. That happens VERY often in the lcubs around Europe,and you know it.
HAHA! Do you see any other team (apart from Denmark, but they weren't so bad) following the magnificent spirit of Team Sweden and fighting with one another? Maybe this happens in club teams, but in international football? It is a disgrace that your team cannot deal with minor problems without resorting to violence!

Face it, Sweden is a shit team. Man for man they cannot match the skill of England and it'd be a fair reflection if we beat you 2 or 3 nil today.
Old 2002-06-02, 11:57
Hello

Send a message via MSN to G.A. Zogem
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY^3

England 1 - 0 Sweden
Old 2002-06-02, 12:47
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
1 - 1 now!!
A beautiful goal!!!

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2002-06-02, 12:57
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
The scorer: Nicholas Alexanderson. That brings me to think: why do all Swedish surnames are ending with "son"? Like all Bulgarian surnames are ending with "ov", all Georgian surnames are ending with "shvilli" and all Romanian names are ending with "escu".

(So I'm a little exaggerating, who cares?)
Old 2002-06-02, 13:25
Original Vultures

Send a message via AIM to Vultures Send a message via MSN to Vultures
Why the Roman names were ending in "us"??
It's their culture.

Hey gustav , your team has played very well against England!!Beautiful march!!

Take a look on http://www.twinadv.net !

V.U.L.T.U.R.E.S : Vigilant Upgraded Lifeform Trained for Ultimate Repair and Efficient Sabotage
Old 2002-06-02, 13:35

Spain VS Slovenia is starting soon. This is almost an Israeli derby, because Israel has been facing Spain in the World Cup qualifiers, and will be facing Slovenia in the Euro 2004 qualifiers (and will, as usual, lose / )
Old 2002-06-02, 14:19

Spain 1 - Slovenia 0.
Scorer: Raul.
Old 2002-06-02, 14:43
Magic Ball Master

Hmz. Taking a break from the Spain - Slovenia match... watching 3 football matches in an row takes it's toll eventually.

Well, 1-1 was a fair result. Sweden were crap in the 1st half, England were crap in the 2nd half. Fair result. England should have really piled on the pressure in the 1st half, and pushed for a 2nd goal before half time. I wasn't impressed with the long ball tactic employed by Sven though, and Seaman should have saved Alexanderssons shot.

Well. I still think England will qualify. Sven will learn from teh mistakes in this match. He will try a new approach against Argentina, and we will finally get revenge on them. Beckham should finally be fully fit by then, and hopefully he will play Owen and Heskey up front. Vassel is good, but him and Owen don't work well together.

So watch out Argentina! 2-0 to England!

As for the Argentina match.....
I can say that I wasn't entirely impressed with Argentina's performance. To say that they are the tournament favourites, they didn't look too impressive. Both England and Sweden are capable of getting a result against them as long as they play well.
Old 2002-06-02, 14:59
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
before I read snapman's message:

1-1.

Before I laugh at lgr, I'll start with my comments on the game.

Patrik Andersson injured. Could it start better? Yes.
English 1-0 after 1st half...
Sweden played very defensivly in the first half. Anders Svensson on the bench with Magnus Svensson in the midfield instead. No good choice 95% of the Swedish TV audience said in a poll. Good choice I say. In the first half we knew that England with their hard midfielders would start out attacking. Then it is better to have a strong guy as Magnus Svensson in the midfield than a weak technician as Anders Svensson. The goal... A mistake by Magnus Hedman, if he had kept standing right where he was, he had taken the header. He never usually go out on corners, and why did he do it on a Beckham corner? omg.He was even held down by Owen. Well well..
Sweden had only 2 halfgood attempts in the first half, both made by Markus Allbäck. At one of the occations it actually should have been a penalty... Although the ref was 40 meters away.
Well well...
1-0 in half time.

2nd half:
WE PLAYED OUT ENGLAND!
Even before Anders Svensson entered the pitch we started to dominate. England got all to defensive (remember Romania Euro 2000?) and the equalizer was well-deserved and had to come. THen you were lucky that we didn't decide the game too. Larsson had a good chance, and Andreas Andersson's spell on the pitch was very good. Niclas Alexandersson scored. Beautiful goal. He scored a similar one last time he scored for Sweden, against Macedonia in the world cup qualifier. I loved to see Svennis' expression. hehe...
1-1... Bad for both teams, unfortunately.
Man of the match in the Swedish TV poll: Andreas Jakobsson, the lastday substitute. hehe...

Now it is time for little quoting.
First morshem:
Quote:
The scorer: Nicholas Alexanderson. That brings me to think: why do all Swedish surnames are ending with "son"? Like all Bulgarian surnames are ending with "ov", all Georgian surnames are ending with "shvilli" and all Romanian names are ending with "escu".
It is a bit like that, but only 50% of all surnames end with son actually. Perhaps a bit over. It is because of the 19th century when all childs got their name's from their fathers. son is the same word as the english son. Alexander's son = Alexandersson
So probably Niclas Alexandersson has an ancestor from the 19th century called Alexander. That is the way. In Iceland they actually still have that system (!). Every one there is called xxxxxson.

lgr:
Now you will have to eat up your words! muahahhahahah

Quote:
If you lose Ljungberg or Larsson to injury then you're buggered; you simply cannot replace your only two decent players with anyone near as good. Gerrard was injured for us, so we brought in Owen Hargreaves (who players, incidentally, in the Bayern Munich first team). If Michael Owen were to get injured, we could replace him with Fowler, who, whilst not as good, is a million times better than 'Allback'.
Hmmm... didn't Allbäck play better than Owen today? hehehehehe... And Andreas Andersson, who substituted Allbäck is a good substitute for Ljungberg and Larsson. Today, Ljungberg wasn't one of the best swedes. Didntcha say that he actually was one of our only 2 decent players. Hehehehehehehee... Face it, we are a team, not a shitty team that lives through two players.

Quote:
As I said before, Ferdinand is one of the world's best defenders and HAS been playing well for England; what would you know about it anyway, being a Swede? Do you watch him day in day out for club & country? Do you watch him day in day out for club & country?
Oh, and I think that this GBP18million superstar might be a tad better than such world class players as, er, Aston Villa's Olof Mellberg, the mighty, er, Hansa Rostock's Jackbsson and the frankly outstanding, er, Teddy Lucic, who plays for the dominant European force of, er, AIK.
Olof Mellberg was good. Andreas Jakobsson played a outstanding game, wasn't he going to be outsmashed by the speed of Vasell and Owen? hehe...
Teddy Lucic... Well, THAT surprised me. I thought he was our only weak point. He wasn't. For the first game in the national team he was active in the attack. He made and extraordinary game for being him. He even had two chances. Although he is not a scorer,so no wonder that he did not score...
About AIK... Hehe... 12th in the league they are of 14 teams.. hehe.. Still they managed to get 2 players to the national team. Both of them played very well today (Lucic and Andreas A.) But didn't they play out both Barcelona and Arsenal in the Champions LEague 1999? Yes they did. (I never thought I would defend AIK, I HATE THEM, but anyways.)

Quote:
Face it, Sweden is a shit team. Man for man they cannot match the skill of England and it'd be a fair reflection if we beat you 2 or 3 nil today.
Hmmmm.. We ARE NOT A SHIT TEAM! That is pretty obvious now, you would be stupid if you still hang on to that opinion... 2 or 3 nil? Sweden hasn't let 3 goals behind since 4th aptil 1998 against Spain (0-4 in Vigo), and that was with our 5th keeper ...
It had been a fair reflection on the game picture if we had beaten you 2-1 actually.

Quote:
Beckham has been injured for one month, not two, and he is 100% match fit actually, which you would know if you were following the English camp. He is naturally very fit.
Yeah, he was ABSOLUTELEY 100% fit. He played for 60 mins... And got tired. Who was right there?

Time to quote myself:
Quote:
THE BIG GAME:
Sweden-England
Tip: 1-1
Although I do not know. I am pretty worried now. Patrik Andersson and Fredrik Ljungberg are injured, and both are not sure of starting the game... If both do not.. Well, then we have lost 2 of our 3 key players.
But on the other hand Beckham will be the flop. Remember where you read that.
I remember yes... Tip 1-1... Hehe who was right? heehehehehehe omg omg...

Congratulations to the point, snapman.
I wont congratulate lgr, he is all too awful-english... He need to get down on earth with his team. But on the other hand, he'll do it in 5 days...
Old 2002-06-02, 15:02
Hello

Hmmm... Snapman:

I think that you'll lose against Argentina. I didn't see the game, but I they said in the Sweden-England game that Argentina won well-deserved and played very good.
Also, England will go to the next game with their 2nd half as the nearest memory, while Sweden will go to the Nigeria game with our second half in mind. Well,well. I didn't bother the Spain game either. I couldn't watch the Paraguay one either, I had it on, but I was all too excited.
Old 2002-06-02, 16:48
Seal Evil

Guatav: You really are an arrogant prick, aren't you? Guess who was right about that?

Quote:
At one of the occations it actually should have been a penalty
Er, if you had studied the replay, Allback committed the original offence (hence the free kick went England's way) and it was outside the area anyway; he dived inside the area.

Quote:
Hmmm... didn't Allbäck play better than Owen today? hehehehehe... And Andreas Andersson, who substituted Allbäck is a good substitute for Ljungberg and Larsson. Today, Ljungberg wasn't one of the best swedes. Didntcha say that he actually was one of our only 2 decent players. Hehehehehehehee... Face it, we are a team, not a shitty team that lives through two players.
No, Allback was fouling all over the place. Both didn't play well, but seeing as Allback is rubbish in comparison with Owen I suppose he played to more of his ability than Owen did (i.e. Allback played to 90% of his top ability, Owen played to 50%, but both played the same).

Ljunberg and Larsson ARE your only two decent players - remind me of the club careers of your other 'stars'?

Quote:
wasn't he going to be outsmashed by the speed of Vasell and Owen?
You obviously listened to this on the radio (do they have TV in Sweden yet?) Many a time did young Darius skip past your slow defence.

Quote:
It had been a fair reflection on the game picture if we had beaten you 2-1 actually.
We were a much better team in the first half and should have killed the game off. You were better in the second half. So what kind of dumbass conclusion have you drawn there?

Quote:
Yeah, he was ABSOLUTELEY 100% fit. He played for 60 mins... And got tired. Who was right there?
You see, unlike most of the Swedish players, Beckham has a good club team too. He plays 90 minutes week in, week out, and after a season of top flight (know that phrase in Sweden?) football at home and in the Champions? League (heard of that?) he is entitled to need a rest. Against Greece, for example, he ran 14 miles compared to the average 7 for a midfielder. Now that is commitment.

I can?t believe that you have the guts to laugh at me, particularly as your oh-so-magnificent Sweden could only manage a draw against the 'pathetic' England.

You are an arrogant, big headed, retarded nationalistic prick.

Remind me again when Sweden last won the World Cup
Old 2002-06-02, 20:15
Magic Ball Master

Gustav: I am confident that England will beat Argentina. We will have learnt our mistakes from this match, (using long ball tactic, giving away possesion in our own half, maybe change a few players around) and we can beat Argentina.

Sven will pick up these mistakes and change the team accordingly, so that we can beat Argentina. We have enough quality players to do it, it's just the tactics that need sorting out a bit. Playing Vassel and Owen up front is a bad idea, because their style is too similar, and Owen plays much better with Heskey as his partner. Also, Heskey is wasted on the left wing. Maybe also play a defensive midfielder such as Nicky Butt, to stop other midfielders runs into the England defence. He'll pick up on these problems, and sort them out.

Dyer and Beckham should also be able to cope with 90 minutes by then, which will be a big bonus.

But I gotta give credit to Sweden. They did very well to keep Owen out of the game. But 1-1 was a fair result. Sweden sucked in 1st half. England sucked in 2nd.

It's quite odd how the key players in this match all played quite badly (Owen, Larsson, Beckham, Ljungberg) giving other players the chance to shine.
Old 2002-06-02, 20:34
Old , grey and Uncle

Send a message via ICQ to Fromsej
Re: before I read snapman's message:

Quote from Gustav.
[In Iceland they actually still have that system (!). Every one there is called xxxxxson.
End quote
That is wrong Gustav , if it is a girl the surname will be xxxxxdottir.
Dottir = Daughter.
Snapman , thank you for the kind words about our national team.
Have a good WC all of you.
Fromsej.
Let it be.
"Beatles"
Old 2002-06-02, 21:52
Hello

Fromsej:
I didnt want to make it too hard, cause I thought that if i spoke about the dottir, people might think that all girls in sweden have a surname called dotter so...

lgr:
I shouldnt bother, but Im doing it anyway...
Goalchances stats today: (official stats)
Sweden: 9
England: 3

Vassell never got through and Andreas Jakobsson didnt make a single mistake in the whole game.

We have TV in Sweden, and I watched on this amazing invention.
And with the technique of today's TV I saw a replay of the ALlbäck incident, and I saw that the englishplayer pulled his shirt.

Why do you keep using aggressve nicknames on me, that makes your posts look even more stupid, you know...

My conclusion is that Sweden's pressure in the 2nd was better and bigger than England's in the 1st (remember that although WE never created anything, England did not either,apart from the goal and one or two other chances).

How good is a player if he just reaches 50% of himself in a important world cup game? Just wondering...

You speak about all Beckham's working and so. But you still said he was going to be 100% fit today. He wasnt...

You are being arrogant, admit that you are wrong. Do like snap, he is a good english man, at a pretty normal level of english soccerarrogance. He is at my level. But you... you.. you take all prizes...
Old 2002-06-02, 22:10
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Uhm, well, after being asked by someone to look at this thread, I would like to ask you to continue on a normal way without starting to call each other pricks and such

it's very childish you see.

</atresica>
Old 2002-06-02, 23:38
Neko

Arg I started reading the whole thread and Atre beats me.

So I better say nothing but that I agree with er.
Old 2002-06-03, 09:54

Mexico 1 - Croatia 0 !!!!
A goal by Balnco.

I want Mexico to win, since my grandmother is Mexican. I always go for exactly the same teams: Mexico, Yugoslavia, Egypt and Israel; just because of my roots.
Old 2002-06-03, 10:25

Mexico won!!! A very important win in the battle for the second place in group G.
Old 2002-06-03, 11:52

OMG! Turkey 1 - Brazil 0 !!!
That's the most imoprtant match in group C, as the other two teams there are China and Costa Rica.

btw, the scorer is Hasan Sas. That's his first ever international goal (15 matches).

That's goal #27 of the tournament, in 9.5 matches (half time now). That means an average of 2.84 goals per game. However, if it wasn't for the Germany win over Saudi Arabia, we would have 19 goals in 8.5 matches - an average of 2.24 goals per match. But both averages are good.

Last edited by morshem; 2002-06-03 at 11:59.
Old 2002-06-03, 12:25

1-1. Ronaldo has equalised in the 50th minute. So we now have 28 goals. Statistics at the end of the match.

This is Ronaldo's 38th international goal, in only 58 matches. This produces a rare record of a goal every 143 minutes, or almost two thirds of a goal in each match!
Old 2002-06-03, 12:51

3 minutes to go till the end of the match: Brazil 2 - Tuekey 1. Rivaldo is the scorer from the penalty spot.

Current statistics:
Rivaldo's 29th goal in 60 matches.
29 goals in this world cup.
3 goals in this match are increasing the average: 2.9 goals per match.
Old 2002-06-03, 15:54
Local Pro (haha :p)

Send a message via Yahoo to kaderoboy
Morshem, could you edit your post next time, I know the World Cup is incredibly exciting Looks like Italy had a 2-0 win over Ecuador.

Link 1: kaderoboy - Deviantart (changed) (Added 18/12/02)
Link 2: Darkflame - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 3: Fireball2k - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 4: the_angry - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 5: Lightwing - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 6: StarmanDX - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 7: Blissful - Deviantart (Added 19/12/02)
Link 8: Wacko - Deviantart (Added 20/12/02)
Link 9: Keds - Colourblindboy (Added 25/12/02)
Link 10: Keds - UK Manga Studios (Added 25/12/02)
Link 11: Firephoenix - Renderosity(Added 04/01/03)
Link 12: HomelessTarget- Deviantart (Added 04/01/03)

==] Featured gallery: Razorjak [==

Also please check my defunct Arty Wotsits Thread

- If you have an online art gallery please tell me and I'll post it here ^_^

- Kadero
Old 2002-06-03, 16:03
Idyllic + whimsical

Why do Israelis even get excited about the world cup?
It's not like we have an Israeli team playing there or something...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2002-06-03, 16:08
Local Pro (haha :p)

Send a message via Yahoo to kaderoboy
Hm, well guess the whole world gets excited, mainly because advertisement of the event appears on just about every single TV channel on Earth

Link 1: kaderoboy - Deviantart (changed) (Added 18/12/02)
Link 2: Darkflame - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 3: Fireball2k - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 4: the_angry - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 5: Lightwing - Renderosity (Added 18/12/02)
Link 6: StarmanDX - Deviantart (Added 18/12/02)
Link 7: Blissful - Deviantart (Added 19/12/02)
Link 8: Wacko - Deviantart (Added 20/12/02)
Link 9: Keds - Colourblindboy (Added 25/12/02)
Link 10: Keds - UK Manga Studios (Added 25/12/02)
Link 11: Firephoenix - Renderosity(Added 04/01/03)
Link 12: HomelessTarget- Deviantart (Added 04/01/03)

==] Featured gallery: Razorjak [==

Also please check my defunct Arty Wotsits Thread

- If you have an online art gallery please tell me and I'll post it here ^_^

- Kadero
Old 2002-06-03, 20:24
Magic Ball Master

OMG. I was appaled at the referee in the Turkey - Brazil match. He was abysmal. I felt to so sorry for Turkey.

The 'penalty' was outside the area, but he gave it as a penalty anyway. Yes, it was a sending off, but not a penalty.

Then I lost all respect I had for Rivaldo, after seeing him play-acting when the Turkish player kicked the ball to him. The ball hit him in the groin, but he collapsed to teh floor and clutched his face, to make the ref think taht the ball had hit his head. It was a disgrace. FIFA wanted to clamp down on shirt-tuggers and play-acting and diving in this world cup, so Rivaldo should have been sent off for it. Instead it was the Turk. Disgraceful. I really hope Brazil play shit after watching that. It ruined what was otherwise a good match. The ref had his head stuck firmly up Brazils arse. He shouldn't be alowed to referee any more matches in the World Cup. And Rivaldo should be banned for one match or fined for what he did.