Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2007-05-22, 22:14
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogbog_uk View Post
I would be surprised if anyone had worse than that around here!
* Jasiek raises hand

AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+, ~1.6GHz
512MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 XT (overclocked an tackled to a GT)
Windows XP

And it runs like a charm.
Old 2007-05-22, 22:29
Xonoid

Send a message via MSN to bogbog_uk
hmm...

Well you've got a better graphics card!

And the computational requirements will probably be relatively low.

But yeh, most people have at least vs2.0/ps2.0

No reason why you cant add some shaders...in my opinion.
Old 2007-05-22, 22:41
Xonoid

Send a message via MSN to bogbog_uk
Quote:
IT's impossible to apply a "shadow map" to the island. Imagine that you have a single tilable sidewalk picture and a big plain, now if there is no tiling option, you have to divide the plain into a lot of smaller squares, and then place theese squares on the texture. The island uses tiles like that, I can't apply any shadows too it, becouse then all the tiles, all over the island would change - I would have to create a second model of the island (wich is not a good idea for the frame rate...) and then texture it one more time.
Sorry I couldn't resist but there is a way to do this without duplicating the model. It consists of using the models secondary skin as a shadow map and then using the Fixed Function Pipeline or a Shader to blend the two together.
Old 2007-05-22, 22:50
Previously Link

You're right (I should play more games, i'm not up to date on nowdays computer graphic capabilities).
"A6 is a 'proper' engine, your only limit is your imagination."
Muhaha, this could be a good sentence for an ad, thought, when dealing with computers and such products, imagination is never the only limit.
Anyway, Jasiek, I trust your skills and experiment, I'm sure you'll keep things proper. I agree that keeping it on a pseudo-3D-iso view is a good choice.
Old 2007-05-23, 12:20
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
but 6.60 is only beta ... I want it full
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-05-30, 16:22
First time poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinars View Post
Needs moar environmental shadows.

OMG Looks Awesome!
Old 2007-06-01, 15:27
Magic Level: Fire Ball

hi. Dont want to sound rude but this is my first day in this forum. I havent looked at all 100 pages of this thread, only the first few. I was wondering is this game done? almost done? and btw is there a video of this on youtube? because i was looking at lba videos there only yesterday and saw something very similar...?? So any information on how far this game has developed whould be great. cheerrs! lba rules!
Old 2007-06-01, 16:21
Magic Ball Master

Well the Game is in production
Jasiek programmes it really good the first old demo was released some time ago
you can find it (and also a link to his Youtube-video) in his signature.
To the status: i think he nearly finished the whole engine and now Codes shadows moldels islands (some are already finished) and so on.

I hope i haven't said anything wrong
if i have please correkt me guys

WNG: leoboe
Old 2007-06-01, 16:26

wow thanks. Sounds great. It would be amazing if this gets finished and playable. Let me know at all if there is anything i can do to help. But i dont really have any skills lol so i probably dont have anyting to offer except my support!

-cant seem to find anything in his signature excpet a picture of some eyes :S
Old 2007-06-01, 16:30
Do the evolution.

Well, actually, you said everything wrong ...

I'm not programming, it it's being made (how many times will I repeat that...) using Conitec 3D Game Studio A6 (it's a Germany based company), wich is a ready engine with a set of tools reducing the programming drastically.

I'm not programming it, there is some coding involved, but 99% of it was made by Bobby Moles (BogbogUK), the rest are some snippets or stuff made by me.

And no, the game isn't even nearly finished, it's got a loooong way to go. There was an old demo in my sig, but it was so outdated that I removed the link. And yeah, there are two or three movies on youtube, from the user LBA1R(wich is yours truly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kjh9ciZwWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAgL4yPbw4

(Some concept stuff, that furnace will definitely be in the game, but the settijng around it will be different)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVXH4ZuzBOY

I'm starting to think about asking El for a seperte forum, like LBAX had, there would be a FAQ, Screenshots, Concept art, and general discussion in it...

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-06-01 at 16:38.
Old 2007-06-01, 17:42

"I'm starting to think about asking El for a seperte forum, like LBAX had, there would be a FAQ, Screenshots, Concept art, and general discussion in it..."
I think thats a terrific idea. I mean c'mon, this thread has 100 pages ffs lol. A seperate thread would be ideal. And nice videos btw.
Old 2007-06-01, 19:00
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by lba07 View Post
"I'm starting to think about asking El for a seperte forum, like LBAX had, there would be a FAQ, Screenshots, Concept art, and general discussion in it..."
I think thats a terrific idea. I mean c'mon, this thread has 100 pages ffs lol. A seperate thread would be ideal. And nice videos btw.
Use the quote tags [|QUOTE][/QUOTE], not ":s , but I added | for technical reasons. Welcome to the forums, and trust me, a lot of projects might seem independent, but are really need of help!

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-06-01, 19:31
Do the evolution.

Had some fun making a Rabibunny.

It's damn hard to make them look like bunnies, instead of just rat-like.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R-Bunny.jpg‎
Views:	514
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	6793  
Old 2007-06-01, 19:33
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
I'm starting to think about asking El for a seperte forum, like LBAX had, there would be a FAQ, Screenshots, Concept art, and general discussion in it...
I think its a great idea, you already deserve that. With a self forum you could have lots of discussions there about different thing and not in a whole there like this one.

Just ask El.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2007-06-01, 19:53
You what?!

A whole forum would be more useful if this was a *constant* project, with lots of people doing lots of things at once. As it is, there's only one thing coming up at a time (I know I'm only working to order, feel like giving me something to do, Jasiek?).

But hey, if you think it would help, whatever floats your boat.
Old 2007-06-01, 20:11
weee

I still think the LbaX forum should be a subforum of Fan Games. And yeah, Jasiek's game surely deserves a forum.
Old 2007-06-01, 20:23

Quote:
Use the quote tags [|QUOTE][l/quote], not ":s , but I added | for technical reasons. Welcome to the forums, and trust me, a lot of projects might seem independent, but are really need of help!

ok thanks. ill use those tags in the future And i can tell how much effort this project needs. But i dont really have anyhelp to offer .

Last edited by lba07; 2007-06-01 at 20:30.
Old 2007-06-01, 21:03
Magic Ball Master

Cool rabbibunny.

I don't know about a seperate forum, it would make the project look less active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
Use the quote tags, not ":s , but I added | for technical reasons. Welcome to the forums, and trust me, a lot of projects might seem independent, but are really need of help!
And you should learn about the [noparse][/noparse] tags.
Old 2007-06-01, 23:32
Magic Ball Master

Well sorry for the wrong information
but here (in my region) you say programming even if you just code a website or work with a code-helping-programm (like a CMS or a game-designer)
And i didn't say that you finished the whole game i know it's lots of work to do because i just finished playing the game yesterday. *happy*
I just thought the engine was ready to make the game (because you found your "Game-desig-program" and the behaviour-menue seemed to be finished)

I think it would be a good idea to make an own Forum on a website

But you should at least tell us the news of the Game in a Topic here so even if someone doesn't really help you with the game could find out how it's going.

WNG:leoboe

BTW:nice model i think it's good with that figure it looks more human with that body
Old 2007-06-02, 00:38
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
[noparse][QUOTE][/QUOTE][/noparse]

Awesome! Thanks

edit: Strange, I have to use 2 [noparse][/noparse] tags, and "QUOTE" gets lowercased.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-06-02, 00:47
Do the evolution.

See? That's why I could use a seperate forum...

Comments. To the bunny. No more idle chit-chat!
Old 2007-06-02, 00:52
weee

Hmm.. I think he's too bunny-like. Rabbibunnies are actually not that bunny-y. This one has really long bunny legs and an un-cute bunny face (the sad truth is that bunnies are actually not cute, in reality). I'd make the model less realistic and more appealing.

(Sorry!)
Old 2007-06-02, 00:59
Do the evolution.

Well, I know he looks kind of creepy, but that's becouse there's no texturing yet , wich can make the model look totally different. Anyway, if I make him more like the original he will look like a rat... Damn they are tricky... I will try and texture it, and then do a female (yeah!) and then do a sphero (those will be tough...) and tackle the grobo I made earlier, to have the basis for the races.
Old 2007-06-02, 01:46

I guite like the rabbiebunny design. As said in the original game they dont really look much like rabbits, but i thik for the re-make this model wil be good.
Old 2007-06-02, 03:39
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lba07 View Post
I guite like the rabbiebunny design. As said in the original game they dont really look much like rabbits, but i thik for the re-make this model wil be good.
I agree, it looks good. Don't change the shape! How can someone say or determine the actual look? The graphics in the orginal games are just a bunch of 2D/3D shapes and there were rarely any cgi movies with a full blown rabbibunnies in it. I like having a little bit of your own flare to this game