Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-02-03, 09:01
Boobs!

I'm currently 50% through the Campain mode on Need For Speed - Most Wanted (Black Edition) So damn fun, so damn hard!!!
Old 2006-02-03, 10:38
Banned

Talking

Bubble Bobble 1 & 2
New Zealand Story
Roland On the Ropes
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sultan's Maze
Old 2006-02-24, 17:52
weee

Chip's Challenge - Not bad, not bad at all. So far looks like an addictive game.

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2006-02-24 at 20:57.
Old 2006-02-24, 20:28
Idyllic + whimsical

Need for Speed: Most Wanted
It's fun running away from cops, especially when they get more challenging with roadblocks and such.
The speedbreaker is a nice addition (slow motion that helps you, but I hardly use it because I find it harder to control the car with it, or maybe it's just so slow that the car doesn't have time to react to my request).
Fun for a while, got a bit boring today so I cheated to get $99,999,999 and started buying lots of cars and messing with their design. In the actual races I keep it clean with my main car.
Like wacko said, I probably won't look back once I get bored of it. Maybe after a year or so I'll play again for a few days.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2006-02-24, 21:12
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Chip's Challenge - Not bad, not bad at all. So far looks like an addictive game.
put TONY in the password box lol :P
Old 2006-02-24, 21:31
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2552
put TONY in the password box lol :P
Nothing happened... I'm using the DOS version btw.
Old 2006-02-24, 22:41
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
lol I didn't know there was a dos version, i used to use the good ol' MS best of entertainment disc TONY was a password for some bonus level near the end of the game
Old 2006-02-24, 22:57
weee

I've seen screenshots of the Win3.11 version, it looks too 3.11ish... the DOS version looks better.
Old 2006-02-25, 13:01
Sheepie for short

I miss my Windows 3.11 computer... *sniff*

TONY is the password to level 145 and is basically a load of game credits.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-02-25, 16:00
I lost the Game!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan2552
lol I didn't know there was a dos version, i used to use the good ol' MS best of entertainment disc TONY was a password for some bonus level near the end of the game
got that version too
ontopic:last game was Beyond Good & Evil
Old 2006-02-25, 16:54
Do the evolution.

Fable! It's so much like Quest for Glory But A LOT better .
Old 2006-02-25, 19:35
Idyllic + whimsical

You mean the modern Fable that was originally for the X-Box, or Fable the point and click game?
Old 2006-02-25, 20:56
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K
or Fable the point and click game?
Thank you for making me not the only educated person who knows there is another Fable. Too bad my cd of that is broken .

Anyway, finished Beyond Good & Evil a few days ago. Ending was better than I expected, they made a nice opening for a sequel. Also got some new games: Geist, Battalion Wars, Megaman X Command Mission, Billy Hatcher, Pokemon XD, Metal Gear Solid 2, Anachronox, Full Throttle, The Dig, Phantasy Star Collection and Sonic Rush.

Geist is pretty good, got some nice puzzles and also having a decent shooter on the gamecube is nice aswell. Battalion Wars is nice aswell, although same as with Advance Wars, it doesn't really get to me somehow. Haven't really played MMXCM much yet (it's an RPG and I really have to get into that), same for Pokemon XD, Billy Hatcher kind of disappointed me to be honest. I thought it would be more Mario-ish. I liked what I saw in screenshots, yet when playing it, the levels seems less like a world. there are also a lot of small islands and such so you can easily fall off a cliff and loose a life which I don't really like.

Haven't really tried MGS2, Full Throttle, The Dig and Phantasy Star yet (getting a lot of games at once doesn't really give me the time to play them all). Sonic Rush is pretty nice though but I don't really agree with some reviews saying it's the best Sonic ever. I mean, the bosses are pretty much the same every time, and playing with Blaze doesn't really put anything different into the levels, the only difference is that in my oppinion she is weaker and slower than sonic. The levels and bosses you have to play are still the same, only in a different order.
Old 2006-02-25, 21:04
Banned

Talking

Dig Dug
Old 2006-02-25, 21:12
weee

Btw, Digger Digs The Dig (Dug)

Sorry it had to be said.
Old 2006-02-25, 21:54
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Thank you for making me not the only educated person who knows there is another Fable. Too bad my cd of that is broken .
You appearantly don't remember that you supplied me with Fable.
Old 2006-02-26, 00:14
Do the evolution.

I mean the new one, I never actually got to play the old one, but I tried to find it many times...
Old 2006-02-26, 01:21
Little Bastard Warrior.

I am going through Baldur's Gate 2 for the third time, still discovering new things and ways to beat opponents. This time I'm a Wild Mage. Does crazy stuff, like killing one self with a falling cow!

So, through guides on the net, and self knowledge, here's a perfect guide to Baldur's Gate 2 and Throne of Bhaal:

------------------------------------------------------

At level 12, the first level spell Chromatic Orb, kills an opponent who fails his saving throw. Combined with the priest spell Doom, this becomes very effective.

---

Shape Change to a Mind Flayer in time stop. Auto hits, plus drain on Int. Zero Int = Death.

---

Demi Lichs can't use Imprisonment on the Slayer.

---

Mace of Disruption +1 or +2 can kill all undeads (including Lichs and Demi Lichs) in one hit. Creatures such as Kangaxx. This means you can actually kill all Lichs by the third chapter.

---

To defeat Mind Flayers: Summon Invisible Stalkers and use Chaotic Command on your Fighters. Now you just have to worry about Int drain.

---

All dragons can easily be killed = Use Finger of Death. It will fail a couple of times, but just Quick Save before you use it.

---

In the area of the final battle in Throne of Bhaal, you can't rest. (This one bothered me for quite some time).
But the if you have a good spell caster has a good Wisdom, he can get the Wish spell to restore the entire party, as if they had rested.

---

To avoid loosing any stats when facing Selfish in The Nine Hells, have his victim use Contingency and Dispel Magic in the Contingency (which should be activated by "Helpless") before facing him.

---

To defeat the Beholder Lairs, just equip your most powerful fighter with the Cloak of Mirroring.

---

A level 40 monk with an AC of -16, can complete the entire Shadows of Amn game alone, without taking damage. (I killed a dragon with my bare fists people! Alone! In under a minute!)

---

To avoid loosing your equipment when you import a character to SoA, press space before you character mourns when you start a new game, then enter your inventory and put everything on the ground, and pick it up again afterwards. WARNING, this does not work in multiplayer. If you do it there, the screen just remains black. To get out of the black screen, save the game and load it. All the equipment will be gone.

------------------------------------------------------

Hope you find my advices useful. With them, BG2 and ToB should pretty much become a walk in the park.

Last edited by Cyberg-Ares; 2006-02-26 at 01:28.
Old 2006-02-26, 01:37
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

last game I played was Return to Castle Wolfenstien, I think...

or was it a game of solitaire on my iPod...
Old 2006-02-26, 23:37
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Wow, sorry to go offtopic here, but I just want to wave at the Order of the Cabbage dude above me

And after that I'll hit him for never being in the field whenever I want to join the order!
Old 2006-02-27, 18:09
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Sonic Rush is pretty nice though but I don't really agree with some reviews saying it's the best Sonic ever. I mean, the bosses are pretty much the same every time, and playing with Blaze doesn't really put anything different into the levels, the only difference is that in my oppinion she is weaker and slower than sonic. The levels and bosses you have to play are still the same, only in a different order.
Thing is, those critism's can be leveled at every other sonic game.
The Boss's are certainly more diverse then Sonic 1. (allthough they are "cheap" that one type is repeated).

Blaze is by far the best secondary charecter since tales.
Her glide/fire move allows you to get to a few new places.

Its easily the best Sonic out of those I have completed (1,2,3,Knuckles,GG/MM 1)
I havnt played SonicCD though, which is generaly considered diffinitive.
Old 2006-02-27, 18:38
Member #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame
Thing is, those critism's can be leveled at every other sonic game.
The Boss's are certainly more diverse then Sonic 1. (allthough they are "cheap" that one type is repeated).

Blaze is by far the best secondary charecter since tales.
Her glide/fire move allows you to get to a few new places.

Its easily the best Sonic out of those I have completed (1,2,3,Knuckles,GG/MM 1)
I havnt played SonicCD though, which is generaly considered diffinitive.
The bosses are indeed more diverse than in Sonic 1, but the standards were lower back then. Personally, I also like Knuckles better than Blaze and I liked Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles better than Rush. Probably also because I prefer the feel of being on a real island and stuff while in rush personally I had more of a feeling I was in a rollercoaster all the time. I have Sonic CD and imo it's not a really good Sonic game. The music and intro are cool though.

Anyway, just finished The Dig. Great point & click adventure, I recommend it to you all, especially those who liked Beneath a Steel Sky.
Old 2006-02-28, 00:02
pioneer of the useless

Ico- havnt got very far, but DAMN ITS A GUD GAME! the atmosphere is comparable to the LBA's and so far its such an uber game :P

MAKE LBA3 HAPPEN!
Old 2006-02-28, 01:12
weee

Played Psychonauts for the last couple of hours.
Man, this game keeps getting better and better. This is like, fun as fun can get
Old 2006-03-19, 10:31
Member #174

I finished Geist a few days ago. Pretty good game. Some of the puzzles are really good and I like the idea of possesing animals and people to make your way through the levels (for example a cook can't go through some door with a scanner some point and you need to find a scientist who can).

Also finished Pokemon XD. It's more like Colosseum 2. A lot of the places you could visit in Colosseum are back, same music as in Colosseum, just a new story and more Pokemon to catch. Pretty good anyway.

Now playing Billy Hatcher. When you look at it at first you would think it is really a kiddy game because of the graphics. The game is kind of hard and frustrating at some point though. You really need to know the moves you can make with an egg to be able to play the game. There are also a lot of instand death places (pits, etc.) where you really quickly can loose a lot of lives and can start over again. I also think the camera can be a real bother sometimes, iit can really be too close to Billy sometimes so you're not really able to see the enemies around you very well. It's a nice budget game though.

Also started playing through the Legend of Kyrandia series. Currently still working on the first one. It's really too bad the games were kind of pushed to the background with Command & Conquer's succes. They are great games.

Tags
games, videogames