Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-04-09, 21:59
Magic Ball Master

Snails Video Game - Translations Need for Spanish, Italian and French

Hey everyone,

Some of you already know the game I'm doing with a work college, called Snails. You can take a sneak peak here: http://www.snailsvideogame.net

The game is mostly done, only missing redone some sound effects, musics, probably some bugs, and of course translate the game into more languages.

Currently, the game is only in English and Portuguese, and we are searching for Spanish, Italian and French translations of the game. All other languages are in idle state for now.

So, if anyone from this selected languages have time and want to help translate the game we will appreciate. Your names will be on the game's credits as a gratitude for your work.

I've attached the game's files. They are all in English to guide you through the translation progress. Keep in mind that some of this files have special keywords between texts and we should preserve that keywords.

If you've got any kind a question regarding any of the content, let me know.

Thank you for your support,
2 Brains Games
Attached Files
File Type: zip Snails_translations.zip‎ (17.3 KB, 79 views)

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2013-04-10, 18:28
the legend

I'd love to help since I find this game fantastic , but I'm not really fluent in any of those languages. Good luck with it though!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:36
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
consider the italian translation done. I could provide some help with Spanish but I don't really feel like doing all that alone, as it's not my mother language.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:25
Magic Ball Master

Many thanks StreGGy. Let me know by PM if you prefer, your real name so I can add into the credits.

Well, lets see if we can find someone native in Spanish. I can also do it myself, but to have something near perfection will be best to have natives around

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2013-04-10, 22:44
Magic Ball Master

If you, at some point, might consider a german Translation, I'd love to help.
Old 2013-04-11, 14:33
Magic Ball Master

We didn't consider German because its something we really don't understand and thought it will be better not to include it.
Since, German its also a "main" language and you can do that effort for us, I will prepare the attached zip file to include the German language acronym "de".
Thanks for your help.

Edit: Added zip file including German spot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Snails_Translation.zip‎ (20.9 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by xesf; 2013-04-11 at 14:41.
Old 2013-04-11, 19:14
LOLwut?

Did someone say...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

Native spanish support?

I downloaded the files and looks short enough to do it. The layout is a bit confusing (Notepad :P) but I think I get where to put the translated text.

Will let you know when I make any progress.

Last edited by RGaspar; 2013-04-11 at 20:06.
Old 2013-04-13, 11:10
Magic Ball Master

Yeah the format isn't tech wise I confess. It was supposed to b refactored later in the project but we are all lazy for that. I like this quote about the subject: "if it works, don't fix it".

Thanks for your help

Old 2013-04-13, 18:37
Magic Ball Master

So here is my first draft of the german translation.
http://www.mediafire.com/?x43bwl69sfpbmxf (language)
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3pj4py7c7171w0 (tutorial)
I hope there is someone in here who is willing to read it through, because there are some points I'm not completely sure about.
Firstly, I don't know what a few things mean because of missing context (e.g. I've never used an Xbox and don't know what "snap" is supposed to mean there)
Secondly I tried to get some wordplays and such things into the translation, because I felt it made the translation more believable.
Lastly is there a way to see if the lines I tried fit in the game? I couldn't overwrite the original language-file to see it on my PC.

EDIT: I forgot to upload the achievements: http://www.mediafire.com/?e7fio9tiz8njhz2

Last edited by leoboe; 2013-04-13 at 19:28.
Old 2013-04-13, 20:18
Magic Ball Master

Thanks for your help. For some reason I'm not able to read the special characters. Can you tell me in what program you edit the files?

Snap is also difficult for me to explain. In the Xbox version the cursor is automatically adjusted into the options. We don't have a free menu cursor there.

As for the game it isn't possible to use those translations files while translating because the final game use them in a different format.

Other thing that may turn things difficult is that there are text from different game
versions like XBox and Windows Phone 7 that only with those devices and special account can be tested. For PC, will also be difficult to test the entire game to catch all words.

Anyway, the beta version available in the website is not compatible anymore with those lines. A lot of things changed since and a new build must be done.

When all translations are done I will try to create a beta build with translations included so you all can test if the text fits the game

Old 2013-04-13, 21:25
Magic Ball Master

I used the weaverslave-editor to edit those files. If you tell me what text-standard you're using (UTF or ISO-***) I think I can convert äöü...
Regarding "Snap", so the cursor is 'hopping' between the menu-buttons, and you're moving it with the arrow-keys? I think I could avoid the term then.
Old 2013-04-13, 23:36
Magic Ball Master

Its exactly that.
No need to worry I've got the editor and resaved the file. Still having some issues reading in the game though

Old 2013-04-14, 00:51
Magic Ball Master

Ok I corrected the files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?qvf56y82xb...cc7fcsnc2crihd
And added a "serious" version, in case you don't want any cheesy lines in your game
Old 2013-04-14, 18:50
Magic Ball Master

Alexfont, let me correct something for you that you probably didn't notice yet:

On the website, at "download" "Windows XP SP3, Vista ou 7 (tamanho download 21MB)" section, you wrote "pretende" wrong (its written "Pretande")

Also, right below it, at "Leia com atenção o seguinte texto, e carrege em "Concordo"", change "Carrege" to "clique", it sounds much better

"Inclusivé" is written without accent on E.

They are not a realy big deal but I thought I should tell you those things as my mother language is Portuguese =)

Last edited by marcosmapf; 2013-04-14 at 18:57.
Old 2013-04-14, 20:59
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Alexfont, let me correct something for you that you probably didn't notice yet:

On the website, at "download" "Windows XP SP3, Vista ou 7 (tamanho download 21MB)" section, you wrote "pretende" wrong (its written "Pretande")

Also, right below it, at "Leia com atenção o seguinte texto, e carrege em "Concordo"", change "Carrege" to "clique", it sounds much better

"Inclusivé" is written without accent on E.

They are not a realy big deal but I thought I should tell you those things as my mother language is Portuguese =)
That's because it is Portugal portuguese and not brazillian portuguese.
Old 2013-04-14, 21:40
Magic Ball Master

Hello marcos, thanks for pointing that typos, I've fix them.

leoboe, thanks for the updated files

Old 2013-04-14, 21:43
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Hello marcos, thanks for pointing that typos, I've fix them.

leoboe, thanks for the updated files
Hm I was pretty sure they were portugal portuguese words and not typos... oh well, what do I know.

(Like carregue instead of clique)

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-04-14, 21:52
Magic Ball Master

Well "pretanda" and typo in the keyboard. "Inclusivé" actually pronounce that way but its wrong to include the accent in the "e".
As for "carregue" or "clique" they both works, but I have to agree that "clique" is more a web term than "carregue"

Old 2013-04-16, 22:45
Magic Ball Master

Oh I see, my bad then! By the way, I was playing the 3rd level of the game and it suddenly crashed after I placed some boxes...
Old 2013-04-17, 04:31
LOLwut?

Just checking...how fast do you need these files, Alexfont?? I have a very busy week and the sooner I could be sharing my first translation would be by the weekend.

Is that ok with you??

Old 2013-04-17, 09:16
Magic Level: Red Ball

alex... and what with polish translation?
Old 2013-04-17, 22:19
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
Just checking...how fast do you need these files, Alexfont?? I have a very busy week and the sooner I could be sharing my first translation would be by the weekend.

Is that ok with you??
I was about to ask the same. Maybe I'll have some free time tomorrow... no promises tho
Old 2013-04-17, 22:29
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post

Is that ok with you??
Sure, I don't have any rush on it.
We are still touching the sound effects so we still have time. The languages can also be added after the game is complete as an update. So no worries.

We are trying to restrict the languages because we have different fonts on the game and they are "photoshop-ed" so its also not easy to make them.
We will see how this works with this main languages and the game itself.

Old 2013-04-23, 11:18
Magic Level: Red Ball

java / php / asp / jsp / c# / vb :] programmer needed?
Old 2013-05-02, 15:38
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I'm done... do I upload this here or somewhere else more "private"? I can't upload stuff by pm, it seems