Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2017-07-21, 01:06
I BELIEVE IN LBA3!

LBA 3 sounds very real in a new interview of Frédérick Raynal

A new interview in French has just been posted on Le Monde.
Here's a translation of the parts which we care about:

(Talking with Michel Ancel about seamless worlds)

"Frédérick: In the first two games, travelling between worlds was faked (a cutscene was triggered), but now, in the third one, we want to have a complete planet, with the mountain range, the islands, etc.

Michel: That's cool. This means that you are going to make it, this third episode!

Frédérick: I've been talking about it for 20 years, and I still want to make it as much as before.

Michel: At some point, one must stop talking...

Frédérick: Right now, I'm resting a little - after 2Dark, I need a little vacation. I'm building an electronic game in the meantime."

[...]

Michel: ... for example stories about pregnant women... that was fantastic!

Frédérick: Exactly! Talking about that, in episode 3, their baby is born - he's named Arthur, and it will be him the real hero! And he's a "kidz", his parents are tacky people who do old magic..."

20 years later... it may be happening...

Here's the URL for French speakers:
http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/article...5_4408996.html
Old 2017-07-21, 03:01
Polly parrot

Whoah, in "Le Monde" no less
Thanks for the find
Old 2017-07-21, 03:04
Amnesti

2nd place LBA ANY% 52:59
https://www.twitch.tv/amnesti

Citadel Island in Unity
https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17983
Old 2017-07-21, 15:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Well, its always been clear he wants to make it, the question is resources/budget/time etc.

Interesting to hear he wants it all linked. But its not too surprising either. If you got a world in your head, you want to make it seamless!
Old 2017-07-23, 19:41
LOLwut?

Not to be a downer but this is business as usual. He wants to make the game, he has a clear vision for it and he has no money or studio behind it. Considering Michel Ancel was able to put Beyond Good and Evil into production sacrificing the core values of the original, LBA3 has no chance unless he seriously change the concept into something more...bang bang motherfucker :P

Old 2017-07-28, 23:33
Magic Level: Red Ball

I hope always LBA3.

Lets go fred ! Bouge ton boule !!!!!
Old 2017-08-02, 23:05
Azor Ahai

What a great news!!
Old 2017-08-03, 12:07
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Well gee guys it sounds like lba 3 is a done deal and now it's just a matter of time until it's made
Old 2017-08-03, 12:50
Neko

I think there is a certain time window for everything in life, and he doesn't realize he is missing it.
Old 2017-08-08, 01:02
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Thinking about it, while I certainly wouldn't want the swearing anywhere near lba, I could picture LBA3 as a BG&E2 module/add-on/dlc thing.
BG&E2 has multiple planets in a large seamless world - Twinsen could be a world on the outskirts.
Still be a independent/its own thing gameplay wise, but that gives them a engine to build the game from.
Old 2017-08-10, 17:07
Zebrazilla

Maybe

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2017-08-11, 22:10
Quetching a Mr.

I would like them to make their own engine basing it off of the initial. That way it would really fit the original way the games were played.

I agree with Reek, though I'm a bit skeptical - everyone says LBA3 might be made (and that's a big emphasis on might). Homeless is definitely in on the "maybe"s.

I really hope that LBA3 gets made, but in all honesty, I'm not looking forward to it at the moment. Besides, you only feel worse if you anticipate something and then it gets totally changed or completely cancelled (DD64 Dinosaur Planet). Still a shame that game never saw it's true "light of day".

I'm sure that Fred will make this work if he really intends on still making LBA3. By that I literally mean "Do all that he can!" to actually make it happen.
Old 2017-08-13, 01:50
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I hope they do this sequel. It would be a pleasure to return to a new adventure of this universe.
Old 2017-08-13, 05:47
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXStranger View Post
I hope they do this sequel. It would be a pleasure to return to a new adventure of this universe.
Keep in mind it's the third one - not the second. The second one was the sequel.
Old 2017-08-13, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Keep in mind it's the third one - not the second. The second one was the sequel.
Oh, yes. The second LBA is my favorite. I was referring to the sequel to the first two games.
Old 2017-09-18, 19:12

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewH
What do you guys think is the biggest limiting factor for an LBA3? Funding? Is there any way of getting into contact with Frédérick?

Man, if he was receptive to attempting to get it funded using Indiegogo or Kickstarter I would be very happy to contribute a considerable amount myself to see it become a reality. Shenmue 3 took all of about 2 seconds to reach its crowd funding goal. I know LBA3 is much more niche but I think there's still a decent amount of us.
Old 2017-09-19, 11:03
Magic Level: Green Ball

You know, there are plenty of threads posted since 2002 year about funding for LBA 3.
I wounder what if comunity opened back then a deposit account in the bank and started to top up this deposit a little every month or even a year... How much money would be on a deposit nowadays? Would it be enough?
Old 2017-09-25, 17:23

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewH
I have no idea what would be enough. If money really is the main llimiting factor, is there a way to get in contact with Frédérick so we could try this?