Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2011-04-10, 17:17
Hello

And Then There Was War

And Then There Was War - Episode 1
By:
Dino-Fly

"Never again," said Dr. Funfrock as he peered down the fathomless drop from the edge of the cliff in shredded, grubby off-white scrubs clinging to his cut and bruised body in the impeding wind.

"You may have destroyed my dreams, you may have destroyed my revenge, but you will never take my pride!"
Funfrock limped down the lava-strewn pathway down to the base of Celebration Island. A look of iron determination and pure evil flashed in his eyes as he mumbled to himself,
"Twinsen thought this would save Zeelich, by breaking the curse? Bah, the fool! Did he forget that since the curse was brought to this God-forsaken place that the Mosquibees and Wannies moved into the Under-Gas?"

As he reached the base he saw a Franco guard using a gas-hovercraft as a makeshift water-hovercraft. In a flash of an eye a red ray of plasma pierced through the Franco and all that was left of his sorry existence was the smell of viennas on a stick over the fire.

As Funfrock made his way onto the hovercraft he continued his ramblings:

"Wannies and Mosquibees do not live in that hell-hole by choice, they were forced there in the Zeelichian Civil War, but that stupid sod knows none of this. They will never be allowed to live in this paradise, and will remain confined to the last of the Lava-Lands."

Dr. Funfrock now neared the Under-Gas elevator,
"Dr. Funfrock never has no Plan B! Twinsen should have realized that last time."

As Funfrock climbed onto the blood-stained platform he moved swiftly, his bad leg seemingly improving by the minute. He reached a cupboard hidden at the base of the elevator, opened the door and removed a purple suit, white shirt, white shoes, aviators, a yellow homburg with a red feather and a gold-encrusted walking stick.

"These creatures will not be happy...not at all. What if someone were to say...show them that might truly makes...right?"

A dark evil laugh permeated the surrounds as an energy shield surrounded the elevator and slipped into the unknown.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}

Last edited by Dino-Fly; 2011-04-10 at 17:22. Reason: Typo
Old 2011-04-10, 17:18
Hello

If this proves popular I'll make a new episode every now and again. Positive crit is always welcome!
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2011-04-11, 20:37
Polly parrot

I like it ! Funfrock always was someone that you met one or two times in a game. We know nothing of him. I liked the part about the Zeelichian Civil war, somehow, I feel like Funfrock makes more complex plans than Twinsen who just runs in, kills (nearly) everything he finds, and than runs home to celebrate it.
Whole in all, I like the fact that Funfrock is presented a bit as an anti-hero here.

next ep. soon ?
Old 2011-04-12, 19:01
Hello

Haha, thanks. I thought it would be fun writing something LBA-related for a change.
I was thinking of maybe alternating each episode from the perspective of a different character, to see how a host of different characters' tales intertwine. And besides, working with a couple developed characters(as opposed to a story revolving around one single character(think LOTR layout(the books that is(then again now that I think about it, the films were shown in more-or-less the same manner, dunno, been a while since I watched it(I think I should stop with the brackets now)))) is far less monotonous for both the writer and the audience.

Anyway! I thought I'd maybe try to write a new episode on Friday, I'll see how that plan pans out(maybe I could get a few more responses then). :P
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2011-04-15, 22:32
Hello

And Then There Was War - Episode 2
By:
Dino-Fly

"Too long have we lived under the tyranny of the Franco-Supian alliance my brothers, too long!" screeched Dr. Funfrock from atop a platform on the Wannie Mine as a mass of Wannies collected at the base, leaving the island otherwise deserted.

Harold the Wannie listened intently to every word. He was too young to remember anything of the Zeelichian Civil War, in fact, he was barely of age to enter the Wannie rite of passage to earn his 'fire-glove'.
Harold felt that what this stranger said made sense, after all, why should they suffer under the Upper-Worlders? Their generation had nothing to do with the war. Surely they'd pay their dues for what had passed in these Hellish mines.

"I know I do not look, or talk like any of you. But I understand your plight, I understand your suffering, and the time of the Wannie is upon us! Follow me, and never again will those snobs up in Ortringal look down up our powerful people! NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU CAST YOUR EYES DOWN IN SHAME!"

The crowd of Wannies, who were minutes before robotically going about their schedule were suddenly hysterical, chanting long-forgotten Wannie war cries enthusiastically. There was no going back now. Wannies here and there were shouting "rather one day as mine-lord than a thousand as a firefly!"

Something in Harold's mind snapped.
"I do not deserve to be treated as a piece of dirt to be trod on by the Sups! If getting the life I deserve means war, then I will fight with all my heart. Fire-glove or no!"

Funfrock went on frenziedly now, realizing the he had successfully mobilized the Wannies for war, something that would strike fear into even the most pompous of Sup.
"The Mosquibees have grown weak, and their numbers are dwindling, let them be the grinding-stone upon which we sharpen the Wannie sword of war! Let the one who brings me back the crown of their queen be our champion, the cornerstone of the only force that can shake the very foundations of Zeelich!"

And with that, Harold, along with every other capable Wannie, picked up a few pebbles and one of the many sections of cast-iron piping littering the area around the mine, and made for the Wannie war-ferries.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2011-05-04, 23:21
Polly parrot

This one is more classical, the vilain stays a vilain, nothing very interesting, apart the reference to the past of the wannies.

(Sorry for the late response, I hope there'll be a next episode soon )
Old 2011-05-05, 15:56
Hello

I've been really busy lately, so it's probably going to be a little while before I write another one.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2011-05-10, 19:23
Hello

And Then There Was War - Episode 3
By:
Dino-Fly

"I am not a villain."

"I AM NOT A VILLAIN!"

Dr. Funfrock lay curled up at the base of his bed in the Wannie Building Society, the temporary military headquarters of the Wannies.

"War only arises when there are multiple factions. So long as there are multiple rules, so will there be war. I seek only to unify the Zeelichians, while freeing the Undergasser from their long-obsolete debt. It is through this war that true peace can finally be found."

Funfrock grabbed at a pillow and threw it into the far corner of his room.

"Twinsen does not understand that. He has no insight. He destroys long-term solutions to society by performing temporary, misled acts of righteousness."

"But now the time of that Twinsunian is over. Let him drive that carbuncle on the backside of the universe he calls home to ruin. Zeelich will be mine!"

Funfrock stood up, picked up the pillow from the floor, turned to the mirror and straightened his ponytail.

A soft tapping was heard on the door.

"Enter." said Funfrock coolly, almost in a trance as he straightened his tunic.

A Wannie, Harold, entered the room. His knees wobbled slightly in the presence of Dr. Funfrock, but he remained to his resolve.

"S-Sir. It's...it's ah...time." he gasped out finally.

"Very well, my champion. You are dismissed." said Dr. Funfrock, still pondering over his own reflection in the mirror.

As inconspicuously has he came, Harold left, quietly closing the door behind him.

"And now to drop the curtain. Sometimes the greatest good can truly only be reached by blood."

And with that Funfrock Opened the curtains of his room, flung the doors to his balcony open and stepped out into the red-hue surrounds. As he stepped out columns of Wannies simultaneously stood at attention along the passage towards the elevator. Funfrock raised his arm slightly in greeting. In response the Wannies raised their pickaxes and make-shift weapons, making a blood-curdling war-cry in unison.

"My brothers, the Undergas is ours!"
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}
Old 2011-05-10, 19:25
Hello

I can't vouch for the quality of this episode. I made it more so that I don't let this little project of mine disintegrate than because I was in the right mood.

Again, comments are welcome! After over 100 views I find it odd that only Polaris gives me input...

Anyway, till the next episode!
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
 cin.get();
}