Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2006-12-26, 02:52
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Twinsen My Christmas gift for the MBN...

This is my little big Christmas gift for the MBN. Merry Christmas!

LBA 2 Saved Game Editor version 1.0.0 beta
==========================================

Current features:
- Loading, editing, and saving LBA 2 saved games;
- Editing a lot of things - from the area code to inventory, Twinsen's properties (life, magic, kashes, etc.), holomap data, and even images;
- Currently can only export images to .BMP, but can also import from .GIF, .JPG, .DIB, etc.;
- Compression on saving modified compressed saved games.

Things to do:
- Editing more things, such as the game flags;
- Exporting images to formats, other than .BMP;
- Dumping the saved games to some ASCII format.

How this program works
----------------------
You load a LBA 2 saved game. The program will automatically load it and show the values. The various tabs represtend the various parts of the saved game.
When modifying the inventory items, be careful that for enabling a second-level item, such as the Blowtron, you also have to enable its first-level base item, in this case, the Blowgun. And you also needs to enable the Crystal of the Celebration, before changing it to either the PistoLaster without the Crystal, or the working PistoLaser.
If a button or check box is disabled, this means that either it's a countable inventory item, and thus you need to change it in form of its count from the "Other data" part, or you can't modify this item at all.
When you're done modifying what you want to modify, save the file either to its current location or to a new location (which can only be an external model file).

Credits
-------
Me (OBrasilo): for starting the program and general coding.
Alexandre Fontoura (alexfont): LBA 2 saved game format specification.
Kazimierz Król (Zink): uncompression and compression code.

Links
-----
The program: http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2SGE.zip.
The source code: http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2SGE-source.zip.

And of course, here is the second revision of the LBA 2 saved game format: http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2 Saved Game format 2.txt.

Screenshot
-----------

I hope you'll find the program useful.
Old 2006-12-26, 03:04
Magic Ball Master

Excellent work OBras!! I was waiting this for so long...

Good to know my format documentation was useful.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-12-26, 03:06
The Gangster

Send a message via MSN to RickMelo
wow thx a lot =O
Old 2006-12-26, 03:14
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: Thanks. And your format specification was very useful indeed.
Anyway, I hope you don't mind me having uploaded a modified version of it, with added the new things I found out.
Though I still forgot to remove everything in the inventory part after the Protective Spell, and that part is wrong, since the values there are most probably game flags already - they're not inventory objects) - will fix that in revision 2.5.

Edit: Here is revision 2.5: http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2 Saved Game format revision 2.5.txt.

Edit #2: Area code #0x6E is actually the outside scene on Island CX - area code #0xB3 is actually the Passage to the room with the Emperor (room #125) (and this will have to be converted in the other programs as well, such as LBA Scene Manager, for example, since that one also has the old incorrect information).
I corrected this in revision 2 already (so of course it's still there in revision 2.5).

Edit #4: I forgot to say, that the image you want to import into the LBA 2 saved game, has to only use the colors that exist in the LBA 2 palette, since the program simply searches for the colors in the palette when importing the image, and it doesn't do any color conversion.
I would say that the best thing would be to import 256-color images, which use the LBA 2 palette.

- RickMelo: You're welcome. I'm always glad to make useful stuff for this community.

Last edited by Battler; 2006-12-26 at 03:21.
Old 2006-12-26, 05:30
Magic Ball Master

OBras, ofcourse I don't mind. Feel free to improve that format and post in the forum.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-12-26, 06:15
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Wow, this looks really awesome man!!
Old 2006-12-26, 06:28
weee

Omg thanks! I never got a christmas gift before

This looks awesome.
Ob Al and Zi - the 3 fundamental elements of the LBA modding communty. Or something!
Old 2006-12-26, 14:36
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Fan-bloody-tastic
Old 2006-12-26, 15:01
Magic Ball Master

Great.

What's the difference between compressed and uncompressed savegames?
Old 2006-12-26, 15:06
The Gangster

Send a message via MSN to RickMelo
Yeah i got some bugs if i save one game and later i save it again x.x
Old 2006-12-26, 15:07
Magic Ball Master

When did you last update the about section?
Old 2006-12-26, 15:23
Welcome to Zirla!

- Kobold: The compressed saved games take up less hard disk space, that's all.

And I guess I really have to update the About dialog.

Edit: OMG, it even still has the old address of my site and forum. I really have to update that. I updated the MBN address, but didn't notice that the addresses of my site and forum were way out-dated as well.

- RickMelo: That's because the program creates a backup, if the file you're saving into, already exists. And if the backup already exists as well, it crashes.

I'll fix all these things in version 1.1.0, which will also have the ability to edit, which images you have on the Dome of the Slate.
Old 2006-12-26, 15:26
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
- Kobold: The compressed saved games take up less hard disk space, that's all.
And LBA 2 uses the compression and still does support uncompressed savegames, or what?

The selection of the grid/scene/position whatever needs a better method. You can't find anything in the combo box. Best would be to use the style of the LBA 1 savegame editor by El.

Quote:
which images you have on the Dome of the Slate.
Dome of the Slate. Seriously, Magic Slate.
Old 2006-12-26, 18:39
Horza

Wooow nice work
Old 2006-12-26, 23:14
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA 2 Saved Game Editor version 1.5.0
=====================================

New features:
- Added the ablity to edit, which images you have on the Magic Slate;
- Fixed the bugs of the Area code and the Behavior modifications not being saved;
- Fixed the backup file creation bug;
- Corrected the very out-dated information in the About dialog box;
- Divided the Area code combo box into two combo boxes - one for the island, and the other one for the area within the island;
- Replaced the button-style option buttons on the right side of the main window with a vertical menu;
- Fixed the bug of the program not showing the correct frame after opening a saved game, if a saved game was previously open, and the current fram wasn't the inventory one;
- Added a toolbar and a status bar;
- Written the code for the Exit menu item;
- Added shortcut keys to the Open and Save menu items;
- Fixed the bug of the exported images being 233x169 instead of 160x120;
- Changed the "splash screen" picture in the main window.

Current features:
- Editing a lot of things - from the area code to inventory, Twinsen's properties (life, magic, kashes, etc.), holomap data, and even images;
- Currently can only export images to .BMP, but can also import from .GIF, .JPG, .DIB, etc.;

Things to do:

How this program works
----------------------
You load a LBA 2 saved game. The program will automatically load it and show the values. The various tabs represtend the various parts of the saved game.
When modifying the inventory items, be careful that for enabling a second-level item, such as the Blowtron, you also have to enable its first-level base item, in this case, the Blowgun. And you also needs to enable the Crystal of the Celebration, before changing it to either the PistoLaster without the Crystal, or the working PistoLaser.
If a button or check box is disabled, this means that either it's a countable inventory item, and thus you need to change it in form of its count from the "Other data" part, or you can't modify this item at all.
If you want to import an image, the image has to only use the colors that are in the LBA 2 palette. The best thing would be to import an 256-color image that uses the LBA 2 palette.
When you're done modifying what you want to modify, save the file either to its current location or to a new location (which can only be an external model file).

Credits
-------

Links
-----

And of course, here is the revision 2.6 of the LBA 2 saved game format (with the Magic Slate properties added): http://www.obrasilero.com/LBA2 Saved Game format revision 2.6.txt.

Screenshot
-----------

I hope you'll find the program even more useful now.

- Kobold: Actually, LBA 2 has both types of saved games - CURRENT.LBA, and AUTOSAVE.LBA (the two auto-generated ones) are uncompressed, the ones you save manually, are compressed.

Last edited by Battler; 2006-12-26 at 23:20.
Old 2006-12-27, 10:15
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Great work, OBrasilo! Yet another step for modifying the game!
Old 2006-12-27, 10:29
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
All Hail Obalzi !!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-12-27, 11:31
Magic Ball Master

Top marks dude.

As always

Old 2006-12-27, 14:00
Panadol It's My Choice

Send a message via MSN to panadol
Keep up the fine work guys - thats before i tested it

Edit: Thats So Kool!
can you make a LBA 1 that good :P ?

Last edited by panadol; 2006-12-27 at 15:11.
Old 2006-12-27, 16:42
Lba1+2=3

Wow cool program!!

but their is somthing i found out a bit strange everytime i open a saved game and go onto OTHER FLAGS the check box for it's raining is grayed out so when i save it and play it, it will always be raining.

Dose anyone know what to do??

P.S well done though!

Edit: OBrasilo here is a screen shot of what it looks like. Sorry it's a bit bad quality.

Edit2: just zoom in on the screen shot it looks much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MBN2.JPG‎
Views:	431
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	6396  
^^^

Last edited by lba1&2; 2006-12-27 at 17:39.
Old 2006-12-27, 16:46
Welcome to Zirla!

- lba1&2: It shouldn't always be raining when you save it and play it, but I'll check this more right now.
Old 2006-12-31, 03:03
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA 2 Saved Game Editor version 1.6.0
=====================================

New features:
- Fixed the bug that automatically switched on the Raining flag on editing a saved game;
- The Raining flag can now be edited;
- Fixed the bug that the Area Code was not saved (and sometimes not even loaded) correctly;
- Fixed the bug of the X and Y coordinates in the Coordinates editing area being displayed according to 2

-D carthesic rules, rather than according to isometric rules.

Current features:
- Editing a lot of things - from the area code to inventory, Twinsen's properties (life, magic, kashes, etc.),

holomap data, and even images;

Things to do:

How this program works
----------------------
You load a LBA 2 saved game. The program will automatically load it and show the values. The various

tabs represtend the various parts of the saved game.
When modifying the inventory items, be careful that for enabling a second-level item, such as the

Blowtron, you also have to enable its first-level base item, in this case, the Blowgun. And you also needs

to enable the Crystal of the Celebration, before changing it to either the PistoLaster without the Crystal, or

the working PistoLaser.
If a button or check box is disabled, this means that either it's a countable inventory item, and thus you

need to change it in form of its count from the "Other data" part, or you can't modify this item at all.
If you want to import an image, the image has to only use the colors that are in the LBA 2 palette. The

best thing would be to import an 256-color image that uses the LBA 2 palette.
When you're done modifying what you want to modify, save the file either to its current location or to a

new location (which can only be an external model file).

Credits
-------

Links
-----

No new revision of the LBA 2 Saved Game format specification with this version of the LBA 2 Saved Game Editor, because I haven't found any new things (yet).

Screenshot
-----------
No screenshot because this version is almost exactly the same as version 1.5.0 in appearance.
Old 2006-12-31, 14:18
Magic Ball Master

Hey, good.
Someone has to find proper names for that Desert Island outside scenes, there's several times "Near Temple of Bu" and "Near Bald Mountain". The problem is, these scenes are quite empty most of the time.
You didn't fix the tool tips yet, and you didn't change the background image of the editor.

Maybe you have to say that the Pearl of Incandescense is the first-level object for the itinary token, it isn't as clear as with the other items.
Old 2007-01-01, 17:19
I lost the Game!

yesss. now i can beat up tralu with the sword!
Old 2007-01-04, 19:15
Magic Level: Red Ball

OMG!Really cool dude!I'll try it right over!