Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2013-12-14, 19:37
Quetching a Mr.

Post Extracting LBA 2 Models To 3ds Or Max Files

I have been trying to find a way to do this now for a long time. I know that there is a way to do it. I just cannot figure it out. I have spent too much time trying to find this out myself, and I know that there are some out there who know how to do this already. The title basically explains it all.

I am trying to find a way to extract the LBA 2 models, and it doesn't not matter what file format they are as long as they can open up in 3ds Max. However, I would prefer either 3ds or Max model files. Correct me if I am wrong, but I am sure that people can use Yaz0r's LBA Model Viewer to extract the LBA model files in usable format for programs such as 3ds Max, Blender, Etc. I haven't been able to figure this out though. I do not know what I am supposed to do. Forgive me, as this makes me sound stupid, but I have proof that the models can be extracted too.

I was searching around on Google once and I came across this. Someone created a diorama of Celebration Island from LBA 2 using the exact models from the game. However, he / she created a texture for the entire diorama. As you can see, those aren't the normal textures that you see in the game. To be honest, I even think the textures in game are better than this JPEG texture. It is UVW mapped and textured to make it look more realistic, but I feel that the JPEG file just kills it. It takes away most of the color data.

http://sketchfab.com/show/d461bcb858...5f2b88449e6adf

Anyways, that doesn't matter. If anyone who knows how, and is willing to, I would like the models already extracted in usable format from LBA 2. I am fine with a link, a folder, or however someone wants to give it to me the models, as long as I can receive them. I do not need the islands, buildings, objects, etc. I already have these. I do, however, want all of the LBA 2 models stored in the BODY.HQR and the OBJFIX.HQR files. The BODY.HQR contains all of the animated models. The OBJFIX contains all of the inventory and projectile models.

Thank you very much for your concern and appreciation. I look forward to your responses. The main reason why I want these is for fan - games, and fan - movies. I may post one of the two on Youtube, who knows. It is just an idea.
Old 2013-12-16, 01:32
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
You probably want to look at the work on LBAnet;
http://www.lbanet.net/images/phocaga..._31_20_105.png

Pretty sure that had full extracted LBA2 landscapes, but I cant remember how it was done.

Tags
3ds max, extract, lba, lba 2, models