Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > The Relentless Movie project

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Relentless Movie project The general for of The Relentless Movie Project. The goal of this project is to make a CG movie of Relentless.

Old 2002-05-02, 14:32
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
Atresica - I've badly constructed my sentence, it was just a regret it had turned so badly at the end.
----------
The_angry_monkey - Now there is a submit system, modelers can submit their own tasks, and I advice them to do that, because with HS's screesnhots and stuff they're sure to be useful with any non-already-one model.

I should anyway propose new tasks, but I dont really find the time for that, so most members have to decide themselves.

Note : DF - there are still amounts of things to model I think, it's just we havent the screenshots yet. But Bu's temple should arrive in some times, that will give lots of fun objects to make.
Factories and hamalayi still have lots of unmade objects.

And if you look, this system can also be used by members to ask for models - they can submit a task and then unsubscribe, asking like that membners to take this free task. But I hope no one will use this thing to make the mess on Bu's temple *suddenly slightly afraid to have said that *

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.
Old 2002-05-02, 18:19
Duo-sempai...

DF- Having the life candies be some sort of 'stimulant' sounds okay, but I'm a little concerned by DNA stimulant. DNA doesn't really do much. It just sits there and has proteins transcribed from it. And though I've never heard precisely of a DNA stimulant being used in a movie, it does tread on thin ground in terms science clichés in general. Plus, it sounds a little out place in an LBA universe.

And technology is almost synonymous with FunFrock (there are a few exceptions, like the protopack). It seems like Twinsen (and any other heroes) should be using something magical rather than technological.

Thoughts?
Old 2002-05-02, 19:28
Wish of eternity...

Hum that's quite right, it doesnt go well with the LBA universe. Even if there are clones and things like that, we never hear Twinsunians are made with cells, DNA...
And it's true DNA stimulant doesnt really mean recover health quickly... I would instead see it wether as a special quick food or as a magic thing...

------------

Old 2002-05-07, 13:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
arognlie - No, absolute not magic.
Also, I never said how it was made, the DNA stimulant was really a discription of what it did, not what it was.
It could be made from a natural plant in some way.
It dosn't mater, It won't be explained it the film.
I simply call it a DNA stimulant as a discription of what it does.
It stimulants the DNA inside the twinsunians to regrow damedged parts.
Whatever the equivlent of Twinsunian DNA is, I don't know.
But seeing as they did evolve, and they do have parents, you know theres some sort of genetic coding controlling there growth.
--
Its very clearly a type of medicine, and it should not be as instant as the game.
1-2 minutes I was thinking off.
Which would just simply be showen by accelerated healing.
One super-close up showing the skin regrowing, will be a far more impressive then having it "magicaly" healing.
Magic should be "built up" as the film progress's.
Have a magician in a technological world is more interesting then having a magician in a magic world.
Also, I don't agree with the inferance that Techology=Funfrock=Evil.
Its too simplistic.
--
We can not have instant cure-alls, it will really take away suspense.
We need a hero that can get hurt, we don't want an industructable hero.
Saying that it will impend progress is also a silly arguement, it is easy enough to give him slight injories that won't slow him (much).
Old 2002-05-07, 18:31
Duo-sempai...

Hmm. I disagree with it being simplistic. I think it's a pretty major theme. On Twinsun, magic emanates from the Sendells, which seem to be some kind of planetary life force. FunFrock is a person without magic who surrounds himself with his own power, technology. Magic is the power of nature and technology is the power of FunFrock.

Technology v. Nature isn't a simplistic conflict at all, and is at the core of many great stories. And before anyone says it... no, it's not a cliché. It's a very real question that many people feel the need to explore. Typically, man is the wielder of technology and it becomes Man v. Nature, but Twinsun's situation is just another aspect of this conflict.

FunFrock isn't just a lone bad guy. He's a metaphor.
Old 2002-05-07, 18:50
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
No, technology is not evil, it is only how it is used.
I'm fed up with technology=evil.
It IS simplistic.
Technology on Twinsun is being used for good and bad.
There isn't even a hard line between technology and nature, any line that is drawen is in itself artifial.
Old 2002-05-07, 19:34
Duo-sempai...

Hey, I'm just saying that this theme is definitely present in the game. And Adeline used it consciously and with intent. When you happen across something in the game, if it looks mechanical, you're inclined to feel that it has to do with FunFrock and you should try to destroy it. Things that look organic don't bring about that kind of feeling. By using the technology v. nature theme, the developers were able to effectively communicate aspects of plot.

A good story is more than just its plot. It's also the themes that underlie the plot. I think that to make a good movie, it's necessary to capture the themes that were incorporated into the game.

And please don't mistake a theme of the game with my personal views. I'm quite fond of technology. But there is a statement made about technology and nature in the game. To deny that is deny a lot of what is core to LBA. But of course you're free to focus on other themes if you'd like...
Old 2002-05-07, 20:34
Wish of eternity...

I would mix your both opinions.

It's sure that Twinsunians, cloase to the Nature, are against FF that uses before all High-technologies.
And we see that Twinsun during the game destroys lots of high_techs, factories..

But Twinsunians also have technology : TVs, evoluated furnitures, lots of objects bthat need evoluated factories...

The dual is just between slight-technology, that respects the nature, and hard-technology, that manipulates the life (mutants, clones...), gives unlimited powers (teleportation...), produces weapons... that's there we must show FF goes really too far with technology.

------------

Old 2002-05-07, 21:36
Classic

But even the extream technologies arn't evil.
Its just how funfrock has used them.
Its why I think we should make it clear that not all of funfrocks troups are clones, and not all the mechcanical stuff is evil. (remember-spheros ).
--
Back to the topic, my point was that I feel the life candy should very diffinatly be a type of medicine rarther then magic.
I feel the flow of the movie would be much better if magic is very limited in the world.
And slowly, as the movie progress the viewer see's more and more of it.
(mainly from Twinsen, of course)
Old 2002-05-07, 21:51
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
It's also a fact of the abusement of technology and the 'createbility believe' (that you can change everything with technology)

since lifecandy is so common, it must be something non-magical, otherwise it wouldn't be there, no?

and those mana potions can purely be a kind of energy drinks.
Old 2002-05-07, 21:58
Classic

Indeed.
I always thought the drinks would really be increasing Twinsens own mana-generating ability, rather then being magic-in-a-bottle.
Of course, it has the exact same effect.
Old 2002-05-07, 22:30
Wish of eternity...

So Hearths would be food, bottles drinks, and candies medicines ? It sounds good
-------
To me spheros arent robots, it's clear. They arent created in factories, reproduced by cloning ( in LBA2 we see sphero babies ). They are just bio-mechanical races, that use metals as we use carbon. They grow up, eat, go to toilets...
-------
I love high-tech I must say (Athlon 2.2 Ghz YAHOOOO!). But many high techs around life controlling and stuff are so bad...
It's sure that High-tech can wether be used to heal people (repairing a hearth from thousands kilometers by the web...) or to destroy them.

------------

Old 2002-05-07, 22:34
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
What I dislike is that people trying to turn every technology that is invented into a weapon of some sort (*glares at armies*)
Old 2002-05-07, 22:47
Classic

Quote:
To me spheros arent robots, it's clear. They arent created in factories, reproduced by cloning ( in LBA2 we see sphero babies ). They are just bio-mechanical races, that use metals as we use carbon. They grow up, eat, go to toilets...
Not robots, bio-mechanoids.
I'm sure there not made in factories as well, but maybe parts of them are, or can be.
Theres so many unknowens.
I think they really just there to show that life on twinsun can be quite different.
-----
Atresica - I think its worse when technologies are invented for war
Old 2002-05-07, 23:00
Wish of eternity...

Atresica - see good sides : some things invented for war become excellent technologies (the web -> USA army first)

But it's sure we wouldnt live worse than that if we had never invented biochimic bombs, atomic bombs...

(PS : but the PC games would be maybe less interessant...no importance, I agree)

------------

Old 2002-05-07, 23:05
Classic

Well, we can't see the future.
There may be a nesscery legitmate reason for needing a nuke someday....
Old 2002-05-07, 23:07
Wish of eternity...

The end of humans' race and the beginning of gerbils' domination (those one that survived to dinosaures's end )

------------

Old 2002-05-08, 01:44
Duo-sempai...

Though if life candies were so common, you'd think FunFrock would have found out a way to keep his troops on IV drip or something.

Well, whatever you decide for the rational behind them, just please don't call them DNA stimulant. It really doesn't mean anything and just sounds kind of... chintzy.
Old 2002-05-08, 10:26
Classic

They will be called "Life Candy", just as in the game.
Theres no need to raname them at all.
And there is a rational behind it.
But it would only work if there gentic code was stored on DNA, which is something we will never know.
--
About the "on IV drip" idea, that is a very good point.
They can't be as common as the game. (regardless of how they work, they are extremly common in the game)
I thought maybe the rebels could have some in there supplies, or something.
Old 2002-05-08, 12:03
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
Well, we can't see the future.
There may be a nesscery legitmate reason for needing a nuke someday....
Indeed, look at that Sliders episode
Old 2002-05-08, 13:00
Classic

exactly what I was thinking off
Old 2002-05-08, 13:38
Wish of eternity...

Life candies can be as common in the movie as in the game, just as medicines in our world : if they havent an immediate effect, they dont give soldiers invulnerabilty, and so Twinsen can knock out/kill them cause they havent the time to eat candies or to have their effects.
And furthermore, life candies only work if the character has eaten I think, cause anyway they dont containethe material to restor skin and stuff.
So I would see them as in the game, but they should have a not too fast action (5-6 mn for a good cut)....

------------

Old 2002-05-08, 14:46
Classic

Good point, if there slow acting they could be more common.
I think 2 minutes would be ok though.
And your correct about the eating thing.
Old 2002-05-08, 23:28
The return of

back to topic... every thing in twinsun is about magic.. magic ball potion.. wizards.. heart potions.. stellar entity .. sendall... so when they die.. sort of magic rings. or blue paths of magics.. then being swallowed up.. maybe into the ground.. maybe into thin air..(but ground is way better)
Old 2002-05-08, 23:36
Classic

No, everything on Twinsun is not about magic.
Look at the citys, streets, technlogy.
LBA1's world is diffinatly a magicly inept world.
Magic exists but it is clearly hidden.
--
In LBA2 the population does know about magic.
They now know the legend is real.
There is now wizards and people making use of magic in the re everyday lives.