Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2002-07-29, 22:28
Magic Ball Master

In The Deep End - Chapter One

A fanfic. By me. Snapman.
----

In The Deep End

Chapter One

Karl was sat upright in the small trench waiting for the arrival of Colonel Kroptman. With a nervous twitch in his right hand, he clutched his rifle tightly, as if he could sense an enemy nearby, with wasn't the case. He glanced to his right to see his best friend, Berrik, trembling nervously, and muttering quietly to himself. Karl then looked up to the sky, and said a silent prayer.

"You scared?" asked Berrik, whose voice was slightly higher than normal, indicating a tone of fear. Even though Karl felt nervous, he still wanted to give his friend the impression that he was tough and strong.

"Not a chance" replied Karl, who lowered his voice to make it sound as though he wasn't scared at all. "Bring it on."

Karl took out his golden pocket watch that was handed to him by his grandfather, Oswald, just before he passed away. Since then, Karl had placed a picture of his rabibunny girlfriend, Leita, and his three year old son, Habro, over the mirror. For the first time since he stuck the picture on, he peeled it away to reveal a mirror, which Karl then used to slick back the dark brown fur on the top of his head.

"Man. You're so vain." said Berrik, who was watching Karl groom himself. Berrik was a light haired rabibunny who had always been jealous of Karl's dark brown fur. "I doubt your looks will save you out there on the battlefield."

"Us rabinbunnies have to look our best though." replied Karl. He then placed the picture of his girlfriend and son over the mirror.

"Yeah, whatever man."

Karl then looked around the vessel, and his eyes made contact with a rugged looking grobo, who appeared to have an arm missing. He felt the fur on the back of his neck prick upwards as he looked into the grobo's cold black eyes. In an attempt to make the situation a little less awkward, he decided to try and make conversation.

"Err... Hello there!" said Karl rather nervously.

"What do you want, rookie?" said the grobo with a mean scowl across his face. Karl suddenly wished that he had never started a conversation. Karl disliked people who referred to him as a rookie. Just because he'd never been on a battlefield before, didn't mean he didn't know how to use his weapon effectively. He decided to stand up for himself.

"Hey, watch it! I may be new, but I ain't no rookie!"

"Yeah yeah, that's what they all say. Until they see the bullets come flyin' and a guy die right next to them." The grobo gave Karl a smirk and then stared down at the ground. His comment unsettled Karl. Karl never though about death. He was prepared for the fact that he might get injured during battle... but death? Karl tried to put it to the back of his mind. Just then, the grobo started to talk again.

"Your eyes... They know no fear. They're too young and innocent. You shouldn't even be here." Karl ignored him. Just as the grobo finished his sentence, Colonel Kroptman, a small sphero with ginger hair and a khaki uniform appeared. He stood in the middle of the vessel, and blew a sharp, loud whistle to grab everybody's attention. He ruffled a few papers around, and then cleared his throat, preparing to make a speech.

"Greetings comrades" he started with a positive tone in his voice. Despite his small stature, he had a very loud voice. "This forthcoming battle could be very decisive for the future of Twinsun. So we must ensure that Operation Okojo B does not fail, otherwise it could prove to be disastrous for the Rebellion."

There was a brief pause, during which Kroptman pulled out a map of the area surrounding the Okojo Pass, where the battle was to be set. The Okojo Pass was the only route from the Southern Hemisphere to the Northern Hemisphere through the Hamalayi mountain range. This was why the battle was so important to the Rebellion. If they could just gain control of the Okojo Pass, supplies and communication from North to South for Funfrock would be lost. Kroptman continued.

"We feel that we need to do Operation Okojo B now, before Funfrock manages to start production of his Teleporters, which will be able to teleport his forces all around Twinsun. We are to land this vessel at Hokamo Bay, and from there we will proceed over Fyjoma mountain, and down into the Okojo Pass. Because all members on this vessel are members of Team F, we will be the last group to join in the battle. Teams A to E will have defeated troops up to the point of our entry over Fyjoma mountain. So our job will be to clear up any forces in front of us, and take Funfrock's Okojo Fortress. Any Questions?"

Nobody put their hand up. Everybody seemed to understand what was happening. Karl could feel the fear rising, as he felt cold sweat bead down his forehead. He stood up in the vessel and glanced over the ledge to see some of the other groups already embarking onto the snowy plains of the Okojo Pass. Karl felt his eyes tremble with fear, and was forced to hold his tears back. He saw innocent quetches, spheros, rabinbunnies and grobos run blindly into their death. He saw victims of the battle scream in agony, as their blood tainted and stained the pure white snow. He could hear the loud bangs of gunfire and shell bombing, that almost deafend him. At this point, he just wished that he was back in his Bazaar on Proxima Island, and spending quality time with his girlfriend and kid.

Biting his lower lip, Karl sat back down in the vessel, and bowed his head. Berrik leaned over.

"Hey dude? Anything wrong?" asked Berrik with concern. Karl took a long time to give his answer.

"No" was Karl's blunt reply, although he felt as if Berrik knew that something was wrong.

"Okay man. If you have a problem, you can just talk to me, ya know?"

"Thanks."

Karl looked up and glanced around the vessel. Then, alarm bells rang in his head as he looked at the soldiers with him on the vessel. He noted that they were either very young - rookies in fact, like himself. Or very old, like the grumpy grobo. There were twelve soldiers on board in total, excluding Colonel Kroptman, and all the young soldiers looked scared to death, all of the old ones already looked half dead. Karl suddenly felt very unsettled about this, and decided to question Colonel Kroptman. He stood up, and walked to the front of the vessel.

"Hey, Colonel... Can I ask you something?" asked Karl.

"Sure kiddo. Go ahead" replied Kroptman in a positive, pleasant tone. Karl scratched the back of his head, and then cleared his throat.

"Sir, I wondered if you had noticed that most of the soldiers on board this vessel, within Team F are rookies, or very old?" Suddenly, Karl wished he had never asked that question.

"There's nothing strange about it. These are some of our finest soldiers aboard this vessel. True, I wanted a couple of young experienced fighters aboard, but Captain Kominko was adamant that I took all these soldiers."

"Isn't it a bit odd though?"

"No. We all have confidence in your abilities." Colonel Kroptman remained positive. Karl turned away , and walked back to his seat. He still felt a little uneasy about this whole operation. And he knew that when he had a bad premonition about something, it was usually right. Just before he sat down, he could see the landing bay come into view.

"Consarn it! What the hell have I gotten myself into?" shouted Karl as he sat down. Almost everybody, apart from the grumpy grobo, looked at Karl as if he had just farted at a funeral. Berrik leaned over to try and calm him down.

"Dude, take it easy." Berrik sounded nervous. "You don't want that maniac Funfrock destroying us, do you? You want him dead as much as I do, yeah?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Well, we're gone rip his army to pieces in this operation! Then, life will be made a lot easier for the Rebellion, yeah?" All of a sudden, Berrik started to sound positive. It still didn't cheer Karl up, who wished he had never agreed to join the Rebellion. Berrik continued. "Then, we'll be a part of Twinsunian history, yeah?"

Just before Karl could give another faint-hearted reply, the vessel crashed against the cove, and the metallic front panels of the vessel opened up before the soldiers. Everybody stood up. As Karl looked over the edge, this time, he was relieved to find there were none of Funfrock's forces awaiting their arrival. Maybe they wouldn't have to do any fighting. Karl picked up his backpack, clutched his rifle in his right hand, and awaited the orders of Colonel Kroptman.

"Okay men! Go! Go! Go!" commanded Kroptman. He pointed to a large mountain looming straight ahead. "We head over Fyjoma mountain! Let's move!"

All the men shouted, and started to run off of the vessel, and into the snow. Karl was in the middle of the soldiers, and he could feel his stomach churning inside. All he wanted at that moment was to be at home. To be with his family. To see his friends. To live a normal life of ignorance. At that moment, he realised that ignorance is bliss. He knew that in a day or two, he'd be up against Funfrock's forces, and then he would, presumably, get killed. But at least he had a day to psyche himself up.

But Karl didn't realise that danger was much closer than it seemed.
Old 2002-07-29, 22:46

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Oh, this is nice. Really good. I like the dark atmoshpere and especially that last paragraph. Haven't read such a good LBA prequel in a long time. And I think that the rebellion portions of it are the best.

Maybe, after your done with your stories you can dedicate them to LBA Prologue.
Old 2002-07-29, 23:35
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Oh frell...more to read.....
Old 2002-07-30, 21:23
Beware of Marshmellows

Send a message via AIM to Rabbibunny052
Hmmm...me likes it. Makes us rabbibunnies look good.

Whomsoever I've cured I've sickened now
Whomsoever I've cradled I've put you down

Old 2002-07-30, 22:26
Your God

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkflame
Oh frell...more to read.....
what the yots is that? 'frell'?

I could only be assed to read the last 2 paragraphs, nice to read a story written in proper english etc..
Old 2002-07-31, 12:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
hmz...you probably dont really want to know, its a made up sware word, Farscapes version of "Smeg"
Old 2002-07-31, 14:48
Your God

Bah, i know hence my use of 'yots', I think frell is actually f#ck, dren is sh#t, yots is ahm crap and hasmata is god knows what.
Old 2002-07-31, 14:52
Classic

And we all know what Smeg is dont we?
Old 2002-07-31, 21:50

No.
Old 2002-07-31, 22:00
Your God

Something kinda gross, and much loved by the cast of Red-Dwarf.
Old 2002-07-31, 22:35

Reguarding Farscape, its rather sweet to make up false cuss words...both because it becomes wierd and the fact that you get to avoid that stupid censorship.
Old 2002-08-01, 13:56
Classic

Father Teds pretty good like that too, instead of saying "fuck" they say "feck", and when they wernt allowed to sware they say "fup"
Old 2002-08-16, 22:20
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Tasty!

and very nice

First time? Even more compliments from my side than
Old 2002-08-22, 23:55
A few steps behind you...

Wink

Nice